Got in a car accident not my fault (Got offered to pay me in cash) so what now?

So i got rear ended, theres like permanent scratches everywhere in my back bumper.

Since we're both college students, she offered me to pay me in cash because she doesnt want her insurance cost to go up.

So what now? do i have to go get a quote? and tell her how much it is and we meet up and she pays me in cash? how does it work?

i got her insurance info, license, and her phone number

accident experts, shed me the light! thanks

Go through insurance.. You pay for it. USE IT!!

Have heard waaaaaaaaay too many horror stories about people trying to skip over and get paid cash and blah blah blah.. All roads lead to problems IMO.

Last edited:
You should always go through insurance and get a police repor in case the other party tries to screw you over.

How did she look? Attractive? Should've asked for something extra.

Unless you pushin a nice whip just let it slide. It's just a bumper. One day you're gonna hit someone's bumper. Scratches on a hooptie don't make it not a hooptie. Tell ole girl to buy you dinner and drinks.

You just got F'ed OP.

Chalk it up to the game, and in the future always get a police report.

But you never know homegirl might turn out to be a stand up kind of person.  And depending on her looks I would take the Thadocta's approach in this particular situation

Goodluck

Accident expert here. You got, got.

What should someone do in this situation srs. I never really got schooled on any of this. Like say you get rear ended and got some scratches you're not going to do a police report for something that small right? Just exchange insurance/driver license info and take pics?

You should always go through insurance and get a police repor in case the other party tries to screw you over.

Police don't do small fender benders in some areas like big cities where there is more important stuff. As long as OP has all her info, he's good.

Side note, I have never called the cops for someone just bumping the back of my car. There's only been real damage one time and the dude agreed to pay me out of pocket. He paid and we was good.

Last edited:
that insurance money though famb. college student or not if you was on the other end chick woulda called the police and even might've played hurt or traumatized. you got, got OP :smh: better hope she's a genuine person.

don't go out of your way for some random person. it's just not worth it. you don't want to get screwed over for their mistake.

Get like two or three quotes and see if she will pay it out of pocket. If not, file a claim through the insurance company. You usually should get a police report if its possible just to make the claim go a lot quicker if you have to go that route.

Unless you pushin a nice whip just let it slide. It's just a bumper. One day you're gonna hit someone's bumper. Scratches on a hooptie don't make it not a hooptie. Tell ole girl to buy you dinner and drinks.

This. Not that serious, and if you got her info you good regardless

Accident expert here. You got, got.

What should someone do in this situation srs. I never really got schooled on any of this. Like say you get rear ended and got some scratches you're not going to do a police report for something that small right? Just exchange insurance/driver license info and take pics?

Getting a police report is just getting what happened in writing and who's at fault. Doesn't matter how small. Even with a police report you can still settle without involving insurance companies.

What if she changes her mind and says &*$# OP I'm not paying? What if her insurance has lapsed? Got her number changed?

Call police and get a report
Take pictures
Call your insurance company

Last edited:
I am actually a claims adjuster for an insurance company. ALWAYS go through the insurance company. You don't know how many horror stories I have dealt with personally with people doing this. At the very least report it to her insurance company that way it is on file. When you get in a accident you should always get a police report, take pictures, get their personal info, and insurance info. People switch their stories all the time after an accident. They will say one thing at the accident scene and then another once they start talking to their insurance company. And if their is no proof and the policyholder denies it, a lot of times the insurance company will side the the policy holder. Also if the damage is minor, it will most likely not effect her rate much, unless she has a lot of accidents. 

Police don't do small fender benders in some areas like big cities where there is more important stuff. As long as OP has all her info, he's good.

Side note, I have never called the cops for someone just bumping the back of my car. There's only been real damage one time and the dude agreed to pay me out of pocket. He paid and we was good.
I don't live in a big city so the police do come by when there's an accident. It's always good to get documents and see who is at fault.

Back
Top Bottom