Got in a car accident not my fault (Got offered to pay me in cash) so what now?

I would have gotten her info, had her sign a simple one page agreement, detailing the accident, and compensation for it.

But before that, I would have gotten a quote, presented the quote, and had her sign off to the agreed amount.

I would have gotten her info, had her sign a simple one page agreement, detailing the accident, and compensation for it.
But before that, I would have gotten a quote, presented the quote, and had her sign off to the agreed amount.

I def shouldve done that...

well i just got some quote. and it was around :nerd:o-9oo dollars to fix it.
SO i called the girl and she goes "Its going to cost that much? JUST for that?"
So i asked her do you want to go through the insurance? still?

and she said she would get back at me after calling her parents..

am i dun goofed?

I def shouldve done that...
well i just got some quote. and it was around :nerd:o-9oo dollars to fix it.
SO i called the girl and she goes "Its going to cost that much? JUST for that?"
So i asked her do you want to go through the insurance? still?
and she said she would get back at me after calling her parents..
am i dun goofed?

If you wanted cash then you get it on the spot. If that person has to get the cash from the bank or something then do it after you get a police report. Always secure a police report because that is your only evidence. Also, if the person's license, registration, insurance, etc. is expired then the cop can help you out even more. The report is all that the insurance company will care about.

Lol so much bad advice in here. You got all her info so your good. She hit you from behind so it's def her fault. She could give you the money. If not just report it to her insurance company.

Police here do not come to accidents unless someone is hurt

Should have gotten a police report.
mean.gif
 ^^^ And lawyer.

Have you seen any of those TV court shows....this is exactly how the story goes with these situations :lol: :smh:

The next part is...her not calling then you call and she hits you with the "I know a guy or my dad/uncle/cousin can fix it for less" :nerd:

:lol: I had some deal like that when I was younger. Dude messed my car up then said he'd pay for it on the low. Got the quote, called and called dude would'nt pick up. So I called my insurance co, a day later he calls me back talking bout "I thought blah blah blah". He kept ducking the insurance too so they just filed it as an accident by an uninsured driver for me while they dealt with him in the background. Moral is call your insurance company, don't trust people.

Last edited:
That paying in cash is for the birds

Because what happens when she says she doesn't have that much money or she says she's short this week? Friend got screwed doing that.

yo op, just stay on ol girl and make sure she knows for sure that you already called both yours and her insurance company and have notified them of the accident.  no way for her to wiggle out and will put the pressure on her.  don't let her stall and jam you up, if she doesn't get back to you in another 24 hours, keep it movin' and get the money from her insurance.  theres nice, and then there's foolish.  

Lol at most of the replies. Like a few people already said, as long as you have her information and some pictures you'll be fine.

^ This and it's a Dodge Neon. A lawyer would probably cost OP more than going out and buying himself another Neon.

Most plaintiff's "ambulance chasing" lawyers work on contingency though, so it wouldn't cost OP anything unless he won.

^ This and it's a Dodge Neon. A lawyer would probably cost OP more than going out and buying himself another Neon.

Most plaintiff's "ambulance chasing" lawyers work on contingency though, so it wouldn't cost OP anything unless he won.

Unless "he won" what? $300 bucks to paint a bumper? It's a fender bender, there's no ambulance, no medical bills, and no pain and suffering.

No lawyer is going to take a $300-500 fender bender case on contingency.

Last edited:
No matter what you shoulda went with a police report if it wasnt your fault. Its the only proof of her guilt and its imperative if you were to have to get insurance involved. If she seemed dumb or clueless I wouldnt have let her slide - shed probably just call her friend or dad or something and try to screw you over. If she seemed knowledgeable or like she knew what she was doing/ if she drove a really nice car, you could use your judgement on that in terms of avoiding insurance - especially if youre a younger guy and dont want to get murked by your rates going up.

Back
Top Bottom