GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

just graduated pharmacy school with 300k in debt....smh

about to live frugal for the next 10 years.

just graduated pharmacy school with 300k in debt....smh

about to live frugal for the next 10 years.
eek.gif

Has anyone got (or known of anyone) busted for using a paper in one class and turning it into another class? I have a literary/journal critique. I don't feel like doing a whole new one for the SAME topic.

I have my first MBA admissions interview this Saturday.

Anyone care to share their experience on what it was like and what kind of "not so obvious" questions they ask?

Still in undergrad but I need some advice NT.

I just transferred from a CC after 2 years to a basically unknown public state university here in Texas. (Marketing major, contemplated switching to finance)

I passed up an opportunity to go to the University of Texas because the school I'm at now gave me a full scholarship. I would of had to take out loans at UT.

Now I'm considering transferring to Texas A&M or Texas Tech for my senior year to graduate from there.

I have two internships under my belt so far with a billion dollar corporation that was founded in my area, and another one with a minor league sports team. Next summer (before my senior year starts) I'll be interning at Goldman-Sachs.

My question to you guys is, should I transfer and complete my senior year at a different school just to get the connections from A&M or Texas Tech? Or should I stay at my unknown public university right now and take my chances getting a decent job after graduation?

I wanna relocate outside of TX if possible, but I just don't see myself getting any job offers after graduation. I plan on putting in work and applying to hundreds of jobs. :lol:

I feel if I transfer and network even more at a better school, it'll help me more when I graduate.

I wanna go to grad school but I won't if it's not necessary.

Last edited:
300 k?

naw, famb... you did it all the way wrong...
Actually he did it all the way right.  That professional degree is going to him net him that 300K many times over during his work career.  I graduated from med school with 200K+ in loans, and after just a couple of years of work its all paid off.  Best advice I can give to professional degree students is pay the loans off as soon as possible.  Don't let some bank earn interest off your 100K+ debt, and hard work.  Remove that burden and you are home free!

Still in undergrad but I need some advice NT.

I just transferred from a CC after 2 years to a basically unknown public state university here in Texas. (Marketing major, contemplated switching to finance)

I passed up an opportunity to go to the University of Texas because the school I'm at now gave me a full scholarship. I would of had to take out loans at UT.

Now I'm considering transferring to Texas A&M or Texas Tech for my senior year to graduate from there.

I have two internships under my belt so far with a billion dollar corporation that was founded in my area, and another one with a minor league sports team. Next summer (before my senior year starts) I'll be interning at Goldman-Sachs.

My question to you guys is, should I transfer and complete my senior year at a different school just to get the connections from A&M or Texas Tech? Or should I stay at my unknown public university right now and take my chances getting a decent job after graduation?

I wanna relocate outside of TX if possible, but I just don't see myself getting any job offers after graduation. I plan on putting in work and applying to hundreds of jobs. :lol:

I feel if I transfer and network even more at a better school, it'll help me more when I graduate.

I wanna go to grad school but I won't if it's not necessary.

Im assuming you go to Texas State/Lamar/SFA or something along those lines? Saying I graduated from UT has always gotten me attention from other professionals and during interviews. I imagine the same holds true for those who went to A&M (their alumni are extremely loyal to each other).

How is Texas Tech?

I'm leaning towards just finishing my final year of undergrad at A&M next fall.

I regret not going to UT and just taking out loans.

But I can't complain because it feels good knowing that I won't have any loans to pay back so far.

I can't go now because UT requires you to complete your last 60 hours in residence, as opposed to only needing 30 for TT and 36 for A&M.

Last edited:
How is Texas Tech?

I'm leaning towards just finishing my final year of undergrad at A&M next fall.

I regret not going to UT and just taking out loans.

But I can't complain because it feels good knowing that I won't have any loans to pay back so far.

I can't go now because UT requires you to complete your last 60 hours in residence, as opposed to only needing 30 for TT and 36 for A&M.

Tech is buns unless you are planning on doing something related to Oil & Gas. Lots of oilfields up there and I have heard good things about their program for that field.

Anyone got a good experience with any colleges in Va. I'm looking foe something with a good buisness program.

Not a graduate student but just got accepted into Nursing school for Registered Nursing, I start in January. Any Nursing students or graduates with any advice for a first year student?

Last edited:
Graduating from U of Cincinnati in December with a BBA- Marketing. GPA is 3.0-3.1 and Im considering both Grad school and going straight to work.

Question: What did everyone get on the GMAT? Got a 580 and scored in the 90th percentile in Qualitative.... if that tells you how bad the math was.

^
It depends where you want to go for grad school. If you're looking to get into a top tier B-School, I'd recommend taking the GMAT again and shooting for a 660+.

I'd also recommend working a few years, hopefully show some growth/advancement which will also strengthen your resume/application for B-School.

I'm currently in the process of applying for B-School this year, my GMAT is within the median 80% for all the higher end schools.

Actually he did it all the way right.  That professional degree is going to him net him that 300K many times over during his work career.  I graduated from med school with 200K+ in loans, and after just a couple of years of work its all paid off.  Best advice I can give to professional degree students is pay the loans off as soon as possible.  Don't let some bank earn interest off your 100K+ debt, and hard work.  Remove that burden and you are home free!

Exactly. Even though $300K is the most I've heard of in terms of student loan debt.

My girl going to end up finishing with $100K easily after she finishes, but making $100K right out of pharm school will make that disappear in 4-5 years. Less than that if she really wanted.

Last edited:
bruh.. 300k is 300k...

I'm not too keen on the medical field... but i know that 300k is an absurd number...

i'm sure plenty of people pay their debts back on time... but i'm also sure plenty of people get to where you're trying to get to, and dont end up that much in debt.

you're going to be making 150k out the gate? i dont know/thinks it works like that....

bruh.. 300k is 300k...

I'm not too keen on the medical field... but i know that 300k is an absurd number...

i'm sure plenty of people pay their debts back on time... but i'm also sure plenty of people get to where you're trying to get to, and dont end up that much in debt.

you're going to be making 150k out the gate? i dont know/thinks it works like that....
Nowadays, definitely not with Pharmacy or Dentistry out the gate. This may just be California but most of my friends won't be paying back their loans for about 10-20 years. Their living is decent but not as cracked up to be thinking oh 100k out the gate from pharm and dent school. Most don't even make that much nowadays since the market is so saturated.

I come from an undergrad that specializes in pre-pharm and pre dentistry so my sample size in terms of seeing people graduate and finding jobs to pay off loans is pretty decent. But again, this is just California. One of my closest friends is thinking about moving to Redding(which is the middle of nowhere) to take a retail job that pays about 85k a year for pharmacy.

300k is the max loans that most dental and medical students take, and the struggle is real especially for dentists. Most of the dentists I know are working floater jobs and thats after months of just trying to find anything up and down california. The money to be made is in owning your own practice, but unless you know someone, i've heard that its upwards of 600k for a lower end office to begin with. So there goes some more loans hahah.

Everyone ends up paying off their loans, but it's definitely not for a while. 

Not looking forward to finishing med school with these loans and having to pay it back on residency salary though!! 

Nowadays, definitely not with Pharmacy or Dentistry out the gate. This may just be California but most of my friends won't be paying back their loans for about 10-20 years. Their living is decent but not as cracked up to be thinking oh 100k out the gate from pharm and dent school. Most don't even make that much nowadays since the market is so saturated.

I come from an undergrad that specializes in pre-pharm and pre dentistry so my sample size in terms of seeing people graduate and finding jobs to pay off loans is pretty decent. But again, this is just California. One of my closest friends is thinking about moving to Redding(which is the middle of nowhere) to take a retail job that pays about 85k a year for pharmacy.

300k is the max loans that most dental and medical students take, and the struggle is real especially for dentists. Most of the dentists I know are working floater jobs and thats after months of just trying to find anything up and down california. The money to be made is in owning your own practice, but unless you know someone, i've heard that its upwards of 600k for a lower end office to begin with. So there goes some more loans hahah.

Everyone ends up paying off their loans, but it's definitely not for a while. 

Not looking forward to finishing med school with these loans and having to pay it back on residency salary though!! 
yeah... i always thought you had to do some residency stuff before you start really getting paid...

i mean... i guess it's possible... but you have to be living REALLY basic, or move in w/ someone/have a roommate...

but 300K in a less than 5 years? that dont seem plausible, famb...

^
It depends where you want to go for grad school. If you're looking to get into a top tier B-School, I'd recommend taking the GMAT again and shooting for a 660+.

I'd also recommend working a few years, hopefully show some growth/advancement which will also strengthen your resume/application for B-School.

I'm currently in the process of applying for B-School this year, my GMAT is within the median 80% for all the higher end schools.

I am too. PM Sent.

^

I am too. PM Sent.

Got you.

It's the season for B-School apps. GL to all my NT bros. You too Acidicality. :nerd:

I don't think any education is worth 300k. That's just absurd. It's a shame costs are that high now.

Back
Top Bottom