GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

I don't think any education is worth 300k. That's just absurd. It's a shame costs are that high now.

[COLOR=#red]That's short term thinking...saying that.

What people don't realize is that your first years of being a Doctor/Pharm/PA are supposed to be lived frugally even with a 6 figure salary so that a major portion of your loans can be repayed.

But over the course of his CAREER he'll make so much money that the initial investment will be an afterthought.

The amount he owes is not all that different than a lot of people that are in advanced medical careers, but it's not like there are a glut of broke Docs and Pharms either.

Do your thing my dude, you'll be fine as long as you make smart financial decisions upfront.[/COLOR]

I do work with NIH and HRSA in there nursing and doctor scholarship and loan repayment programs. That amount of debt isn't uncommon at all. The issue is to make sure you can get residency after you graduate so some of those can go into deferment, then start practicing and making those payments. I've seen a person in default for years and still owing over 700k

Anyone here applying to grad schools to start the upcoming fall?

I'm making a giant run at MBA programs this year; deep in the middle of application season. 8)

Last edited:
Just got my acceptance letter to the university of west Georgia. Starting in January for my MPA. Pretty excited. :pimp:

Hey guys so a shortage of funds really killed my "apply everywhere" mentality so I am just applying to my number one school. I will be applying to the University of Michigan in hope of doing a dual program, but I have been advised to apply to three programs, which are:

1. Master's in Urban/Regional Planning (This is the one I am doing for sure)
2. Master's in Health Services Administration (Great practical finance but I want more policy)
3.Master's in Public Policy ( Great policy school, but I want more practical finance)

Basically what I am goin to do is if admitted into all three I am doing urban planning for sure (they flew me up for a recruitment weekend about 3 weeks back), and I will declare my dual-master's in whomever between the MPP and MHSA offers the most money, and then just take my cognate/elective courses in the program that finishes third. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!! Hate to put all of my eggs in one basket but I am confident! Pray for me, I will be doing likewise :smokin

I'm making a giant run at MBA programs this year; deep in the middle of application season. 8)

Just sent out my first one!

Where you gonna apply to Acid?

Were you able to improve your stats?

GL!

Just sent out my first one!

Where you gonna apply to Acid?

Were you able to improve your stats?

GL!

Nice! Good luck!

I submitted my first one a few months ago; I'm submitting quite a few by the end of this year (for Round 2).
Yep, was definitely able to improve my stats and I feel my execution of my apps as well, we'll see how it goes a couple months from now.

It's very exciting to go through it, even though it's stressful at times.

Just applied for graduation for Physical Therapy school. Spent a 1/3 of my life in College and gonna have about 150k of debt. Not as bad as I was expecting.

Can't believe I'm at where I an after starting this thread.

One more semester... GPA north of 3.7...

Undergrad GPA... 2. Blah blah

If things don't pan out with finding an ib gig in the next couple of years, I think my GPA in this MSF program plus a nice GMAT would do me fine when going for a top 10-15 MBA...

I asked my direct supervisor three wks ago and we was coo about it until he essentially said we have to tell the presidents. I wasn't planning on doing that until I got back admission decisions for obvious reasons.

Puts me in a comprising spot. Just wanted to hear others experiences with the process.

That guy that dream job and had to relocate to DC, im 95% sure i know who you got hired by congrats to you. Its also my dream job, I can only imagine how happy you were.

Last edited:
Anyone apply to any MSW programs? Also, when you guys applied did you send in 2 transcripts? One for the department and one for the school or just 1?

msw = masters of social work
awesome.

Quick question... Momb-dukes wants to start a enrichment program ... 3rd to 8th grade...

Year round... After school during the year... All day during the summer...

Got any advice on that, or that's not your speed?

Secondary Education (Grade 7-12) Social Studies
how much bull **** is kicked in our history books, famb?

Back
Top Bottom