Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Oh my bad...
laugh.gif

Mazda 787B. Part of my stealth package.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by tim teufel

i really hate how these idiot drivers pit on the first lap without me even telling em to!!!
mad.gif
on b spec
what tires did u have on? what was the weather? 
Is your pit strategy set to 0?

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by tim teufel

i really hate how these idiot drivers pit on the first lap without me even telling em to!!!
mad.gif
on b spec
what tires did u have on? what was the weather? 
Is your pit strategy set to 0?

I was 4 seconds off gold in the Fiat Seasonal Challenge, and about 6 seconds off gold in Honda CR-x challenge.

I didn't really tune my Fiat, but it was modded as best as I was allowed (max HP and lowest weight, tightened the gear ratios)

For the Honda I tightened the gear ratios too much and was rev limiting on the final straight stretch, so that could have been my problem. But I gave it an oil change after the race, and it is now over HP... Gonna have to rat bag it a bit to get it's oil dirty..

The other 3 I haven't tried, I don't have the cars for it.

I was 4 seconds off gold in the Fiat Seasonal Challenge, and about 6 seconds off gold in Honda CR-x challenge.

I didn't really tune my Fiat, but it was modded as best as I was allowed (max HP and lowest weight, tightened the gear ratios)

For the Honda I tightened the gear ratios too much and was rev limiting on the final straight stretch, so that could have been my problem. But I gave it an oil change after the race, and it is now over HP... Gonna have to rat bag it a bit to get it's oil dirty..

The other 3 I haven't tried, I don't have the cars for it.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by you go boy

what are you guys using for like the wind a spec? im talking about the daytona race... im using the mazda furai but its not good enough...
I think I used the Minolta for both A&B.  787B also works.
Interestingly, for my B-spec Bob at Daytona, I had accidentally fitted sport tires on (race tires were allowed).  After about 5 turns, I had dropped back to last place.  I quickly pitted for some race-hards (still in the 1st lap) and when Bob exited the pits, he was 25 seconds back.  And despite all this, he was still able to fight back to 1st by the last lap and win the race.  
can I borrow your 787b
embarassed.gif

EDIT: stealth
frown.gif

what are you guys using for like the wind a spec? im talking about the daytona race... im using the mazda furai but its not good enough...
I think I used the Minolta for both A&B.  787B also works.
Interestingly, for my B-spec Bob at Daytona, I had accidentally fitted sport tires on (race tires were allowed).  After about 5 turns, I had dropped back to last place.  I quickly pitted for some race-hards (still in the 1st lap) and when Bob exited the pits, he was 25 seconds back.  And despite all this, he was still able to fight back to 1st by the last lap and win the race.  
can I borrow your 787b
embarassed.gif

EDIT: stealth
frown.gif

Originally Posted by gunitg23

Finally beat All Stars, thanks psanady

No problem, You still need a car for historic event? I have a Toyota 7 you can use.

Originally Posted by Mister916

What race are you guys grinding on in B-Spec?
Dream car championship with a formula gt

Originally Posted by gunitg23

Finally beat All Stars, thanks psanady

No problem, You still need a car for historic event? I have a Toyota 7 you can use.

Originally Posted by Mister916

What race are you guys grinding on in B-Spec?
Dream car championship with a formula gt

For the Fiat race, I really stiffened-up the suspension, especially the back-end, since it's an FF car. Target lap times should be around 1.20 for laps 2-5. And when you tweak the gear ratios, take into account that you'll be slipstreaming a lot of cars so leave some revs for that as well.

As for the Honda, get some wings on that car as well. Downforce helps. I think I passed the last guy at the penultimate turn of the last lap.
The Challenger challenge at Daytona was ridiculously frustrating.  The thing handles like an ox.

For the Fiat race, I really stiffened-up the suspension, especially the back-end, since it's an FF car. Target lap times should be around 1.20 for laps 2-5. And when you tweak the gear ratios, take into account that you'll be slipstreaming a lot of cars so leave some revs for that as well.

As for the Honda, get some wings on that car as well. Downforce helps. I think I passed the last guy at the penultimate turn of the last lap.
The Challenger challenge at Daytona was ridiculously frustrating.  The thing handles like an ox.

the last race in the seasonal event for a-spec is easy, but impossible to get in 1st. second place was my best finish and was still 11 seconds behind the gt ford. the pay off was huge so im not even mad. leveled up from 19 to 20 just after that one race and was 500k richer.

the last race in the seasonal event for a-spec is easy, but impossible to get in 1st. second place was my best finish and was still 11 seconds behind the gt ford. the pay off was huge so im not even mad. leveled up from 19 to 20 just after that one race and was 500k richer.

The Chevy one at Daytona was ridiculously frustrating.  The thing handles like an ox.
Thanks, I was hitting 1:21's generally.

I did the front and rear aero mods on the Honda, but I still feel it was my lower top speed that hurt me in the end, I only raced that one once.

The Chevy one at Daytona was ridiculously frustrating.  The thing handles like an ox.
Thanks, I was hitting 1:21's generally.

I did the front and rear aero mods on the Honda, but I still feel it was my lower top speed that hurt me in the end, I only raced that one once.

i finally beat daytona on like the wind a spec with the furai 
pimp.gif
... took like 100 tries and mad hours
laugh.gif
but finally came through and drove smart instead of holding the gas pedal...feels good to finally win... indy was not bad at all i used the vet...im not going to lie i won by a nose... ill try to tape the replay but i got that .001 trophy because i got mad lucky at the end 
eek.gif

laugh.gif
... but ya it was definitely worth it now i got that minolta on lock 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
but finally came through and drove smart instead of holding the gas pedal...feels good to finally win... indy was not bad at all i used the vet...im not going to lie i won by a nose... ill try to tape the replay but i got that .001 trophy because i got mad lucky at the end 
eek.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

you go boy....
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

you go boy....
pimp.gif

Anyone try the Vettel X1 challenge yet, got to level 30 a couple days ago and that $%%! is ridiculously hard. I wanna keep grinding it out so i can get the car but damn its gonna take hours if not days to beat the challenge.

Anyone try the Vettel X1 challenge yet, got to level 30 a couple days ago and that $%%! is ridiculously hard. I wanna keep grinding it out so i can get the car but damn its gonna take hours if not days to beat the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom