Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by sole vintage

IGN gave it a 8.5

most reviews are 8 or 9 with the lowest being 7. turn10 must be laughing their $@#*$ off 

That is the problem with games that get developed over so many years, much like with Alan Wake. Five years or anything over that is way too long for a game to get developed. Because something that would've been amazing 2 years ago might not be amazing today. Two years ago, this game might've been getting straight 10s, while now it's in the 8-9 range. A game should take between two and three years to develop, a perfect balance between the time it takes to develop a great game while not taking so much time that the game doesn't get somewhat outdated while it's actually being made.

hks-ps3-controller.jpg

Originally Posted by Crumbs

some of these reviews have really dissapointed me.

Me too. I am really disappointed that only about 200 cars have the cockpit view and the rest and basically gt4 ports.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

some of these reviews have really dissapointed me.

Me too. I am really disappointed that only about 200 cars have the cockpit view and the rest and basically gt4 ports.

Personally, I know someone who has the G27 and its not THAT much better than the Driving Force Pro or Driving Force GT which can be had for around $100 as opposed to $300.

Personally, I know someone who has the G27 and its not THAT much better than the Driving Force Pro or Driving Force GT which can be had for around $100 as opposed to $300.

^that's good to know. i'm really leaning towards the Driving Force GT for the cost savings. Thanks.
smile.gif

^that's good to know. i'm really leaning towards the Driving Force GT for the cost savings. Thanks.
smile.gif

IGN gave it a 8.5

most reviews are 8 or 9 with the lowest being 7. turn10 must be laughing their @+!!+ off 
IGN
laugh.gif

The best review is yourself. I haven't been to IGN in almost 2 years, much less take there reviews into account for any games. 

IGN gave it a 8.5

most reviews are 8 or 9 with the lowest being 7. turn10 must be laughing their @+!!+ off 
IGN
laugh.gif

The best review is yourself. I haven't been to IGN in almost 2 years, much less take there reviews into account for any games. 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

IGN gave it a 8.5

IGN
laugh.gif

I think 8.5 is just about right, its a good game, maybe even a very good game, but its not a great game.  Metacritic has it pegged at 86, so I would say IGN just about hit the nail on the head.

Its just absolutely ludicrous to me that this game took almost 6 years in development.  Its really not much more than GT4.  If this game came out as a launch game or in 2007 I would be ok with it. But 6 years is pathetic.

IGN gave it a 8.5

IGN
laugh.gif

I think 8.5 is just about right, its a good game, maybe even a very good game, but its not a great game.  Metacritic has it pegged at 86, so I would say IGN just about hit the nail on the head.

Its just absolutely ludicrous to me that this game took almost 6 years in development.  Its really not much more than GT4.  If this game came out as a launch game or in 2007 I would be ok with it. But 6 years is pathetic.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

IGN gave it a 8.5

IGN
laugh.gif

I think this is exactly what has me so on the edge about it. It's like, if you spend this much time creating a game, it better be damn near PERFECT when it releases, otherwise you're going to end up with a shipment of disappointment. The longer it takes, the higher the demand, and expectations. I could have seriously done without the in car views and unnecessary features like that. I dont know... Maybe I'll cop.. We'll see...  

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

IGN gave it a 8.5

IGN
laugh.gif

I think this is exactly what has me so on the edge about it. It's like, if you spend this much time creating a game, it better be damn near PERFECT when it releases, otherwise you're going to end up with a shipment of disappointment. The longer it takes, the higher the demand, and expectations. I could have seriously done without the in car views and unnecessary features like that. I dont know... Maybe I'll cop.. We'll see...  

i dont give a *+!% if they give this game a 5/10 or a 10/10. I waited on this game for too long and i will always be loyal to Gran Turismo because of all the great memories dating back to 1997.

Just my  $.02
wink.gif

STARTED with an ek type r
smokin.gif

IGN gave it a 8.5

IGN
laugh.gif

exactly. 

i dont give a *+!% if they give this game a 5/10 or a 10/10. I waited on this game for too long and i will always be loyal to Gran Turismo because of all the great memories dating back to 1997.

Just my  $.02
wink.gif

smokin.gif

IGN gave it a 8.5

IGN
laugh.gif

exactly. 

Originally Posted by gil23

Just my  $.02
wink.gif

smokin.gif
Word, loyalist of a series, especially as great as Gran Turismo is don't care about reviews. After 5 years I give a %@@% about a IGN, Gamespot or whoever reviews the game, I just want to play it. I'm gonna pick up my copy in a few hours.

Originally Posted by gil23

Just my  $.02
wink.gif

smokin.gif
Word, loyalist of a series, especially as great as Gran Turismo is don't care about reviews. After 5 years I give a %@@% about a IGN, Gamespot or whoever reviews the game, I just want to play it. I'm gonna pick up my copy in a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom