Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Been playing this a bit recently. So hard to build up the strength to start some of the A-Spec Endurances. 
tired.gif

^ Been doing the GT Academy? Pretty easy to get gold, but nowhere near the top-times...
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

man i wanna tune that new gtr aventador and the vantage baddd but i barely play now and aint tryna spend real money on it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Been doing the GT Academy? Pretty easy to get gold, but nowhere near the top-times...
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
Not really. Maybe I will look into it. I spent about 6 hours catching up on the seasonals that were still up. 
I wish they had a few more Rally seasonals. Might have to go re-buy Dirt 3. 

^ Yeah, it's pretty much like a "license test", but you get to win free GT-Academy cars... all Nissan. The last test is on the Twin Ring Motegi, so for my it was worth playing it as I always enjoyed that track. I'm sure it'll be a DLC later-on.

Still a few more seasonals to do, but first I have to get back up to 200%.

New DLC tomorrow.
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s-new-dlc-set-for-release-june-27th/

Gran Turismo 5‘s new downloadable content, which was leaked to include Twin Ring Motegi and the Scion FR-S, has just been officially confirmed via the official PlayStation Blog.

The new content will become available this Wednesday, June 27, 2012; though specific timing of updates to the PlayStation Store vary around the world. Twin Ring Motegi and its four variations will be available to purchase for €4.99 / £3.99 / $5.00 USD. The Scion FR-S will be available for free.

New high-resolution screenshots of Twin Ring Motegi and its variations have also been published. Note the Gran Turismo Café, the world’s only official Gran Turismo-themed restaurant which opened at the circuit in 2009, is visible inside the track’s facilities. Thanks to pipi_r6 for the tip!

I really enjoyed Motegi back in the day, so this is a welcomed addition.

twin-ring-motegi-gt5-1.jpg

scion-frs-gt52.jpg

Gran Turismo 5 XL is down to just $20 and I picked it up again after getting it at release and selling it a few weeks later. Hopefully the community for this game is still decent.

Gran Turismo 5 DLC & Update 2.08 Coming September 25
As just announced on the PlayStation Blog, the next Gran Turismo 5 software update is coming on September 25, and will bring with it three new cars available to purchase as DLC for $0.99 each.

Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy ’12

Subaru BR-Z S ’12

Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11

Software update 2.08 brings with it the following new features, in addition to correcting bugs and other issues:

Now possible to select “Disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races.

ID’s are now shown above cars when watching online races.

Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted.

Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).

Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.

Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.

Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)
8004348951_aab786bd5c_o.jpg

8004350606_c53ca21d7a_o.jpg

8004350746_d6c23cccd4_o.jpg

8004348989_10e540137d_o.jpg

8004349111_3e1f251e1b_o.jpg

8004349069_2a6ab61852_o.jpg

Also.

Autoart 1:18 diecast!

autoart-red-bull-x2010-1.jpg

autoart-red-bull-x2010-2.jpg

autoart-red-bull-x2010-3.jpg

autoart-red-bull-x2010-4.jpg

autoart-red-bull-x2010-5.jpg

autoart-red-bull-x2010-6.jpg

autoart-red-bull-x2010-7.jpg

autoart-red-bull-x2010-8.jpg

autoart-red-bull-x2010-9.jpg

autoart-red-bull-x2010-10.jpg

autoart-red-bull-x2010-11.jpg

autoart-red-bull-x2010-12.jpg

autoart-red-bull-x2010-13.jpg

Last edited:
Just started playing this game again. I'm stuck though. I have four more tracks on class A and my cars are just too slow to compete :smh:

does anyone have chrome paint chips they can gift me?

if yes DRNKNRHINO psn

much appreciated

:wow: This thread is still alive? I haven't played this game since MJ was a Bull.

No but I need to play again, maybe tonight.

^ Same as my SN.

But I haven't updated the latest 2.10 firmware yet cuz I read that there were some bugs... 

The dedication Polyphony Digital has to this game is like that of a parent.

They treat this game more like an actual car manufacturer with a growing legacy than how a piece of software is traditionally handled. Props to them.

Just started playing again.

Realized why I stopped. All I have left to do is the A Spec endurance and the B Spec level 40 endurance.

Really not looking forward to doing both. :smh:

^ That's why there are seasonals! 

BTW, your avy rocks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom