Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Should it seem damn near impossible for a first time GT player to get gold in any of the Licensing challenges? I'm like .3 seconds off every single one of the B class ones

nah fam you are just a good driver...
laugh.gif

IRockTMacs wrote:
tired.gif

Should it seem damn near impossible for a first time GT player to get gold in any of the Licensing challenges? I'm like .3 seconds off every single one of the B class ones
I was intending on getting all gold in the first license test. On the 5th test I kept coming up short, missing gold by .018 seconds.

Eventually I spent the next 2 hours trying to get gold on that one test, but failed.

After that I just settled for silver on any test
tired.gif

IRockTMacs wrote:
tired.gif

I was intending on getting all gold in the first license test. On the 5th test I kept coming up short, missing gold by .018 seconds.

Eventually I spent the next 2 hours trying to get gold on that one test, but failed.

tired.gif

MISTER916 I got a truck i can let you borrow ( Dodge ram- 550HP)

Do you have a light car i can borrow?

License test are hard, i just got my I-A and did not manage to get any golds through the 10 test

License test are hard, i just got my I-A and did not manage to get any golds through the 10 test

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

I have a 214 hp 890kg Mugen Civic. That's the fastest lightest car I have.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

I have a 214 hp 890kg Mugen Civic. That's the fastest lightest car I have.

Originally Posted by Mister916

IRockTMacs wrote:
tired.gif

tired.gif

Yeah, man. Gold seems dumb hard. I'ma shoot for silver for every one.

IRockTMacs wrote:
tired.gif

tired.gif

Yeah, man. Gold seems dumb hard. I'ma shoot for silver for every one.

Originally Posted by gil23

laugh.gif
You misread me. I was wondering if anyone here is getting gold on these licensing tests, cause I don't see how I can shave off 0.3 seconds with these %$^#ty cars

laugh.gif
You misread me. I was wondering if anyone here is getting gold on these licensing tests, cause I don't see how I can shave off 0.3 seconds with these %$^#ty cars

You should watch the demo before you start the test, they give you tips.
I will try that, thanks.

I'm so used to playing CoD where my twitch reactions fully mash the stick to one side that it is very difficult to only tilt the stick for certain turning maneuvers. Like it's usually all the way cranked or nothing. Plus I feel like with a controller it's tougher to control acceleration, I find myself tapping x to feather the gas rather than if I would only depress a gas pedal a little bit. Should I map acceleration to R2 or something?

More tips please!

You should watch the demo before you start the test, they give you tips.
I will try that, thanks.

I'm so used to playing CoD where my twitch reactions fully mash the stick to one side that it is very difficult to only tilt the stick for certain turning maneuvers. Like it's usually all the way cranked or nothing. Plus I feel like with a controller it's tougher to control acceleration, I find myself tapping x to feather the gas rather than if I would only depress a gas pedal a little bit. Should I map acceleration to R2 or something?

More tips please!

gil23 wrote:

laugh.gif

Oh... I have a some gold tests and the rest silver on on a and b license but yeah some seem dumb hard but not impossible to get gold.

gil23 wrote:

laugh.gif

Oh... I have a some gold tests and the rest silver on on a and b license but yeah some seem dumb hard but not impossible to get gold.

IRockTMacs wrote:
tired.gif

tired.gif

This is what I meant by "let the license madness begin"
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

IRockTMacs wrote:
tired.gif

tired.gif

This is what I meant by "let the license madness begin"
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

some tips from giantbomb.com

After being lost in the menu systems for the first 10 levels I figured it might be a good idea for everyone to post some tips on how to manage the early game for any new players giving it a go.  Here's some of my thoughts.

• Much like an RPG, specialization seems to win out over diversity. You should probably focus on gearing up 3 cars (A small Japanese roadster like a Miata, a Front Wheel Drive American Muscle classic and either a Mini or French hatchback would be my suggestions). That should give you enough depth to compete in most races.
  • Tuned cars have a vast advantage over the stock cars you'll normally race against. Focus on the cheap add-ons like exhausts and air filters first, then move up the chain with engine and turbo kits.
  • Do not blow your money on an expensive, high horsepower car early in the game. You will not be able to use it in any of the races making it essentially useless. I made the mistake of suping up a WRX and while I adore the car, am finding it hard to find races to compete in with it. You can really screw yourself over in this game by spending money in the wrong place too early.
  • Turn the assists off. I know you prefer playing the game with a little help, but you're actually really hurting yourself in GT5 more so than other games. When you concentrate on the line and not the road or the cars in front of you, you are going to crash a whole lot more because you don't focus on the brake lights of other drivers. Since the game doesn't have a rewind feature, it's better to play it safe and steady.
  • Complete the special events whenever you can, they more often than not provide the cars for you and you'll be able to use that cash to focus on your main cars for the actual races.
  • If you're someone that only enjoys cockpit view like I do, then only focus on premium cars. They're the ones with the "P" next to their type and are also the cars available from the dealers.
  • You'll get gifted cars for completing all gold in most events. I'd focus on only going for gold in the actual races in the beginning. The license events are extremely difficult and you really aren't hurt too much by finishing those at the bronze level. You'll earn more experience and CR faster by finishing the relatively easy A-Spec events in your first dozen hours.

For those surprised that I like driving games, you should have known better. I like just about anything with a long learning curve.

some tips from giantbomb.com

After being lost in the menu systems for the first 10 levels I figured it might be a good idea for everyone to post some tips on how to manage the early game for any new players giving it a go.  Here's some of my thoughts.

• Much like an RPG, specialization seems to win out over diversity. You should probably focus on gearing up 3 cars (A small Japanese roadster like a Miata, a Front Wheel Drive American Muscle classic and either a Mini or French hatchback would be my suggestions). That should give you enough depth to compete in most races.
  • Tuned cars have a vast advantage over the stock cars you'll normally race against. Focus on the cheap add-ons like exhausts and air filters first, then move up the chain with engine and turbo kits.
  • Do not blow your money on an expensive, high horsepower car early in the game. You will not be able to use it in any of the races making it essentially useless. I made the mistake of suping up a WRX and while I adore the car, am finding it hard to find races to compete in with it. You can really screw yourself over in this game by spending money in the wrong place too early.
  • Turn the assists off. I know you prefer playing the game with a little help, but you're actually really hurting yourself in GT5 more so than other games. When you concentrate on the line and not the road or the cars in front of you, you are going to crash a whole lot more because you don't focus on the brake lights of other drivers. Since the game doesn't have a rewind feature, it's better to play it safe and steady.
  • Complete the special events whenever you can, they more often than not provide the cars for you and you'll be able to use that cash to focus on your main cars for the actual races.
  • If you're someone that only enjoys cockpit view like I do, then only focus on premium cars. They're the ones with the "P" next to their type and are also the cars available from the dealers.
  • You'll get gifted cars for completing all gold in most events. I'd focus on only going for gold in the actual races in the beginning. The license events are extremely difficult and you really aren't hurt too much by finishing those at the bronze level. You'll earn more experience and CR faster by finishing the relatively easy A-Spec events in your first dozen hours.

For those surprised that I like driving games, you should have known better. I like just about anything with a long learning curve.

laugh.gif
change the traction to 1.

you'll be able to shave off some time on turns.

laugh.gif
change the traction to 1.

you'll be able to shave off some time on turns.

Back
Top Bottom