Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

we should get an NT Kart race going, or some other series where everyone races evenly matched cars.

go kart tourney? im down
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

or better, lets race those 15 hp fiats around nourbergring.
laugh.gif

both ideas are
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

lets do it.

^ i just tried with both again and no luck. 
laugh.gif

one thing i did notice is that my cars are having a hard time trying to turn in those races. usually the have no problems trying to maneuver those types of turns.
That sucks. I guess we're both stuck for a while.

And I'm down for Go Kart race anytime. Someone should set it up.

laugh.gif

one thing i did notice is that my cars are having a hard time trying to turn in those races. usually the have no problems trying to maneuver those types of turns.

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

we should get an NT Kart race going, or some other series where everyone races evenly matched cars.

go kart tourney? im down
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

both ideas are
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

lets do it.
For the love of everything, the Fiat idea needs to happen
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

go kart tourney? im down
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

both ideas are
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

lets do it.
roll.gif

you win a shelby cobra when you beat the classic muscle car series in b spec

working on gettin that car for the historic cup

Originally Posted by Mister916

laugh.gif

it does suck, but oh well.
laugh.gif

i'm willing to trade my hot pink veyron for one.
laugh.gif

Noskey wrote:
ZeroGravity23 wrote:
2sappy wrote:

go kart tourney? im down
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

both ideas are
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

lets do it.

roll.gif

i wish i can do it but my connection sucks.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Noskey wrote:
ZeroGravity23 wrote:
2sappy wrote:

go kart tourney? im down
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

both ideas are
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

lets do it.

roll.gif

i wish i can do it but my connection sucks.
laugh.gif

I'm about to start an open lobby room called "NT", come join if you want, I'm just gonna be free running and drifting haha.

And the mic voice quality in this game is amazing, everyone sounds clear as hell.

I'm about to start an open lobby room called "NT", come join if you want, I'm just gonna be free running and drifting haha.

And the mic voice quality in this game is amazing, everyone sounds clear as hell.

License A is way easier than B, I got silver in B6 and B7 and the rest of B and all of A gold

^Ill be on in a bit

License A is way easier than B, I got silver in B6 and B7 and the rest of B and all of A gold

^Ill be on in a bit

Originally Posted by derrty6232

I haven't done online yet, but how does it work?  Do I need a room number for the NT room???

Originally Posted by derrty6232

I haven't done online yet, but how does it work?  Do I need a room number for the NT room???

Originally Posted by TheBaws23

?
I got a Buick 62 Special. Thing is a beast
sick.gif

Originally Posted by TheBaws23

?
I got a Buick 62 Special. Thing is a beast
sick.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I just found this post on GT Planet. I'm about to try it out tomorrow.
Hello everyone,

I've noticed a lot of people - myself included - have been having trouble with this event (first up: I'm using a controller)... Anyway, the usual line up of opponents consists of cars like the Toyota 7, Chaparral 2J, Ferrari P4, Ford Mark IV, etc.

Unfortunately, to keep up with these guys, it would mean buying a car of similar spec, that is ALSO pre-1979. Alas, they are all in the $20,000,000 bracket and you're wasting your money if you want to spend all that money on a single car, for a single event.

If you have a hefty amount of money, you can get lucky and buy the Toyota 7 from the Car Lot for about $3,000,000. I'm not sure how well it would do (as I didn't use it), but I'd assume it would make things MUCH easier.

HOWEVER, the way I - and a few others - have completed this event, is with the Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74.

You can buy the Lambo for about $300k off the Car Lot, or you can win it from the "Lamborghini Exclusive" event in A-Spec Pro, I'd recommend winning it as it will be new and you don't need to worry about Engine Repair and whatnot.

Once you've got your Lambo, tune it up. To the max. Add EVERYTHING. Including ride-height adjustable suspension; and customizable transmission. In addition: ADD A WING, the added downforce works wonders. (Also: I used Racing - Medium tyres)

Now, tune your Lambo. I dropped my gear ratios so the top speed was 260kmh (Approx. 162mph). A top speed of about 170mph will do nicely. Then drop the ride-height, I set mine to -10 front and back. I also adjusted the brakes to 6 front, 4 back, but I don't think this makes much difference.

The only setting I have is ABS at 1. However, I did turn the racing line on. I do NOT recommend you follow it (because it'll be too slow), but it's a helpful reminder that "this turn is tighter than it looks". Now you're ready to hit the track. The technique for both tracks is the same and you must follow it EXACTLY.

First, you must eliminate the bullcrap-fast-AI car the usually pops up in events. You know, that one car that is always INSANELY fast. Keep exiting and re-entering until there are (usually) two moderately faster cars, rather than one insanely fast car.

Second, you need to get in front AS QUICK AS YOU CAN, once the race progresses a bit, you wont stand a chance.
  • On Cote d'Azur, you can get to at least 3rd on the first corner. If you're not 1st by the really tight hairpin. Restart.
  • On Deep Forest, you can get to about 4th by out braking and running on the inside of the first bend. By the time you reach the first tunnel, you should be 2nd. By the time you reach the back straight, you should be 1st. If not, restart.
Once you're first, the rest is pretty straight forward. Drive like a madman and don't mess up. There is ZERO margin for error and the Lambo's shorter gear ratios (for the turns) means you need to block on the straights.

A few last-minute tips:
  • The Lambo is back heavy, which means you cannot turn AND power-out of a corner. Slow down A LOT if you need to in a tight corner, to make sure you can have the fastest and STRAIGHTEST path out of the corner. Keep in mind to make sure to KEEP BLOCKING if you need to.
  • The Lambo can easily out-brake the opponents, but don't get too cocky, especially in combination with the point above.
  • Once you've gone past the 1 lap mark, if anyone gets past you, you might as well restart.
  • Relax a bit. For some reason, I've noticed that the AI slows down a bit when you're IN FRONT. The reason I say this is because, if I didn't get first at the start, they'd always rocket away from me, but if I got it, I'd be able to keep them behind me (even before I needed to block).
  • Relax A LOT. If you're like me, towards the end, you'll be getting a bit twitchy, because this is an intense race. If you need to, PAUSE. As I've said, there is ZERO MARGIN FOR ERROR.
  • ...and as a warning, the car you win is crap... So don't expect an awesome prize for beating this impossible event.
GOOD LUCK!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I just found this post on GT Planet. I'm about to try it out tomorrow.
Hello everyone,

I've noticed a lot of people - myself included - have been having trouble with this event (first up: I'm using a controller)... Anyway, the usual line up of opponents consists of cars like the Toyota 7, Chaparral 2J, Ferrari P4, Ford Mark IV, etc.

Unfortunately, to keep up with these guys, it would mean buying a car of similar spec, that is ALSO pre-1979. Alas, they are all in the $20,000,000 bracket and you're wasting your money if you want to spend all that money on a single car, for a single event.

If you have a hefty amount of money, you can get lucky and buy the Toyota 7 from the Car Lot for about $3,000,000. I'm not sure how well it would do (as I didn't use it), but I'd assume it would make things MUCH easier.

HOWEVER, the way I - and a few others - have completed this event, is with the Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74.

You can buy the Lambo for about $300k off the Car Lot, or you can win it from the "Lamborghini Exclusive" event in A-Spec Pro, I'd recommend winning it as it will be new and you don't need to worry about Engine Repair and whatnot.

Once you've got your Lambo, tune it up. To the max. Add EVERYTHING. Including ride-height adjustable suspension; and customizable transmission. In addition: ADD A WING, the added downforce works wonders. (Also: I used Racing - Medium tyres)

Now, tune your Lambo. I dropped my gear ratios so the top speed was 260kmh (Approx. 162mph). A top speed of about 170mph will do nicely. Then drop the ride-height, I set mine to -10 front and back. I also adjusted the brakes to 6 front, 4 back, but I don't think this makes much difference.

The only setting I have is ABS at 1. However, I did turn the racing line on. I do NOT recommend you follow it (because it'll be too slow), but it's a helpful reminder that "this turn is tighter than it looks". Now you're ready to hit the track. The technique for both tracks is the same and you must follow it EXACTLY.

First, you must eliminate the bullcrap-fast-AI car the usually pops up in events. You know, that one car that is always INSANELY fast. Keep exiting and re-entering until there are (usually) two moderately faster cars, rather than one insanely fast car.

Second, you need to get in front AS QUICK AS YOU CAN, once the race progresses a bit, you wont stand a chance.
  • On Cote d'Azur, you can get to at least 3rd on the first corner. If you're not 1st by the really tight hairpin. Restart.
  • On Deep Forest, you can get to about 4th by out braking and running on the inside of the first bend. By the time you reach the first tunnel, you should be 2nd. By the time you reach the back straight, you should be 1st. If not, restart.
Once you're first, the rest is pretty straight forward. Drive like a madman and don't mess up. There is ZERO margin for error and the Lambo's shorter gear ratios (for the turns) means you need to block on the straights.

A few last-minute tips:
  • The Lambo is back heavy, which means you cannot turn AND power-out of a corner. Slow down A LOT if you need to in a tight corner, to make sure you can have the fastest and STRAIGHTEST path out of the corner. Keep in mind to make sure to KEEP BLOCKING if you need to.
  • The Lambo can easily out-brake the opponents, but don't get too cocky, especially in combination with the point above.
  • Once you've gone past the 1 lap mark, if anyone gets past you, you might as well restart.
  • Relax a bit. For some reason, I've noticed that the AI slows down a bit when you're IN FRONT. The reason I say this is because, if I didn't get first at the start, they'd always rocket away from me, but if I got it, I'd be able to keep them behind me (even before I needed to block).
  • Relax A LOT. If you're like me, towards the end, you'll be getting a bit twitchy, because this is an intense race. If you need to, PAUSE. As I've said, there is ZERO MARGIN FOR ERROR.
  • ...and as a warning, the car you win is crap... So don't expect an awesome prize for beating this impossible event.
GOOD LUCK!

I read this thread and more and more GT5 gets
pimp.gif

Just havent had time to play it!!!

I read this thread and more and more GT5 gets
pimp.gif

Just havent had time to play it!!!

Back
Top Bottom