green smoothies

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

i've never made a one myself, but i'm drinking a bolthouse green goodness right now
tumblr_lkj38nkWEj1qex4odo1_500.jpg

these are 
pimp.gif

the Naked Green Machine and Bolthouse taste exactly the same and you can get a big

bottle of Bolthouse for the price of a small Naked.

Had this today for about $3-something, was wondering if I could fast for a week drinking these...

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

i've never made a one myself, but i'm drinking a bolthouse green goodness right now
tumblr_lkj38nkWEj1qex4odo1_500.jpg

these are 
pimp.gif

the Naked Green Machine and Bolthouse taste exactly the same and you can get a big

bottle of Bolthouse for the price of a small Naked.

Had this today for about $3-something, was wondering if I could fast for a week drinking these...

Had this a couple days ago
Sooooooo good 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

That would be rough.  These drinks will probably give you the runs in the beginning, plus you'll be starving from the fasting.

I really think you answered your own skepticism about them, now if I play ball I am not sore the next morning ???????? Not real bright are you ?????????
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Naked-Juice-Green-Machine-Fruit-Boost-Smoothie.jpg

Naked-Juice-Green-Machine-Fruit-Boost-Smoothie-inside.jpg
This and Red Machine
pimp.gif

On a siede note I love how these threads always have people contradicting one another and everyone seems to be an expert
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Naked-Juice-Green-Machine-Fruit-Boost-Smoothie-inside.jpg
This and Red Machine
pimp.gif

On a siede note I love how these threads always have people contradicting one another and everyone seems to be an expert
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Just picked this up today...read the ingredients when I got to my car and went back to the store to return it. 

Being allergic to mangoes ftl
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

This and Red Machine
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Just picked this up today...read the ingredients when I got to my car and went back to the store to return it. 

30t6p3b.gif
try bolt house

got my self a breville juice fountain plus a while back. been making "mean green" juice and it's been great. i'll only drink the bottled stuff if i'm on the go.

mean green (if it hasn't been posted):
kale, cucumber, spinach, celery, apples & ginger root.

i also juice carrots, rainbow chard, brussel sprouts, collard greens, peppers, fennel and other fruit.
a centrifugal juicer isn't the best for leafy greens. i now want a masticating juicer like the champion brand.

Originally Posted by RetroXIII

got my self a breville juice fountain plus a while back. been making "mean green" juice and it's been great. i'll only drink the bottled stuff if i'm on the go.

mean green (if it hasn't been posted):
kale, cucumber, spinach, celery, apples & ginger root.

i also juice carrots, rainbow chard, brussel sprouts, collard greens, peppers, fennel and other fruit.
a centrifugal juicer isn't the best for leafy greens. i now want a masticating juicer like the champion brand.

how much of each? Makes how many oz?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Sorry to hear that my man, try Red Machine if you come across it. I don't believe it has any Mango's in it.

sorry about that. here, check this out. the "mean green" i posted is called "green juice" on the list.
http://jointhereboot.com/...m/recipes/juice-recipes/
(google "reboot juice recipes" if link doesn't work)

as for how much juice each recipe makes, i'd say about 12-14 oz. of course you can add more cucumber, celery, apple, carrots & citrus fruit since those yield the most juice.
i hear that mixing in citrus fruit juice to everything else can kill off the nutrients and that i should add it in at the very last minute. i've got to look into that.

a friend of mine is trying to take this stuff one step further by growing his own wheatgrass and juicing it. breville juicers can't handle that stuff =(

We've had the Montel blender for about 15 months now, she ordered it off the tele. No complaints from me since it's pretty much awesome. Bought a second one when I saw it at Fry's a month ago, $150 in store, $25 2 year replacement plan .

Have had a Ninja XL for about a month as well, it does the job but I prefer that Montel
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RetroXIII

sorry about that. here, check this out. the "mean green" i posted is called "green juice" on the list.
http://jointhereboot.com/...m/recipes/juice-recipes/
(google "reboot juice recipes" if link doesn't work)

as for how much juice each recipe makes, i'd say about 12-14 oz. of course you can add more cucumber, celery, apple, carrots & citrus fruit since those yield the most juice.
i hear that mixing in citrus fruit juice to everything else can kill off the nutrients and that i should add it in at the very last minute. i've got to look into that.

a friend of mine is trying to take this stuff one step further by growing his own wheatgrass and juicing it. breville juicers can't handle that stuff =(
How many glasses do you have per day?  And do you have it everyday?  I'm trying to figure out what it would cost every month if I had one twice a day. 

How many glasses do you have per day? And do you have it everyday? I'm trying to figure out what it would cost every month if I had one twice a day.

i drink one glass a day immediately after it's made, everyday. i've read the longer the fresh juice sits, the faster the nutrients dissipate. a lot of the bottled green drinks are flash pasteurized and filled with a ridiculous amount of sugar so i try to avoid it when i can. i've had many kinds of bottled apple/carrot juice that's advertised as fresh and none of the ones i've had taste like the real thing. i'd rather mix in those super green/red anti-oxidant powders filled with the chlorella, kelp, wheatgrass, goji, noni, acai etc. into my water instead.

this stuff isn't cheap at all. it's a huge investment worth every penny imo. if you have access, visit local farmers markets for good deals and the freshest stuff, preferably organic.

You guys always follow recipes? I just throw random stuff together and keep my fruit ratio a little higher than the vegetables.. Always works out well

Just realized that I don't care too much for cooked squash so I blended 2 yellow squash, banana, 1 whole cucumber (that I needed to use). It actually came out nice.

those bolthouse farm and naked green smoothies got wayyyyyyy too much sugar.

You guys should just get a juicer and make it fresh if your really concerned.

I'm on day 2 of a juice fast. Saw a documentary that was really inspiring and did some research and found out just how great it is for the body. Hoping to last for 30, but I'd be happy with 15-20.

Not doing it to lose weight for the record. All about getting healthy by detox and restarting my health.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by wanksta23

soooo, is a juicer worth buying? or just stick to the blender?

Blender is fine man. Juicer gets rid of all of the goodness

Doesn't get rid of it, it just goes into a bin that collects it. I've seen and heard of people who actually then sit and eat the pulp right out of the bin that collects or you could simply add it right back to the juice/smoothie, or feed their pets, or their babies with it.

And you don't HAVE to drop major cake on one Ska. I got the Jack LaLanne one from Wal Mart for $80 then bought my sister this off brand Cookinex one for $50 and like her's better because it has a bigger motor, sunction cups on the bottom, and the juice collector/pourer/measuring cup has a thin mouth when you poor out that keeps all the froth out from your poor. Here is the exact one nib for 35 fact http://www.ebay.com/itm/U...in_0&hash=item1c2044c45b

I would recommend a food dehydrator too. Wal Mart has an Oster one for $40 but I paid a bit more for the Nesco. So far the only thing I have made that came out perfectly was jerky a few times, and I dehydrated some citrus fruit and strawberries which was good. I'm trying to figure out how to make crispy sweet potato "fries," plantain fries, and banana chips. I thought it was dehydrated but now again looking at the ingredients of the ones I buy in store, looks like they pan fry them to get them that way. They came out all leathery. But as compared to those expensive $%$ "superfood" powders that may or may not even have in them what they claim, you can dehydrate like $6 worth of produce and end up with a greater volume than like a $60 supplement.

It;s the same with those juices really. You could save a great deal by doing it yourself if you really consume them often. There's an added time commitment sure but you just make multiple servings at once.

I also love these 2 items. First is "peanut butter" with only 2 gram of fat, they press the oil out of a peanut then roast and dehydrate it (there's a chocolate one too). There's no added sugar so it's a roasted peanut taste but if you want you could just add some stevia to it. And the other I keep in my desk at work

507-0001.jpg

barney-butter-almond-butter.jpg

Juicers unlock the micronutrients from the fiber so that your digestive system doesn't have to waste time expending its energy on breaking it down. This allows the nutrients to nourish your body and attack all the deficiencies/toxins you have from the jump.

Back
Top Bottom