Greg Oden is trash thread...vol 1 man hacking machine

how did this guy get hurt this time?

nerd.gif

smh.gif

You guys are dumb if you believe he was hurt after last night. Portland just finished a back to back last night and don't want oden playing 3 games in arow. He has nothing to prove in a meaningless game.

Please please please keep all the hate for Oden coming. I love it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JONFARR

You guys are dumb if you believe he was hurt after last night. Portland just finished a back to back last night and don't want oden playing 3 games in a row. He has nothing to prove in a meaningless game.

Please please please keep all the hate for Oden coming. I love it
pimp.gif

ok
laugh.gif

[h1]Oden out at least a week with sore left knee[/h1]
54 minutes ago

• Buzz up! 30 votes
  • [h5]Print[/h5]

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)-Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden is expected to miss at least another week because of a bone chip in his left knee.

The Blazers say Oden's knee will be reevaluated in 7-10 days.

The 7-footer was hurt in a collision during a game at Golden State before the All-Star break. He missed the rookie challenge and seven games since.

The top pick in the 2007 draft sat out last season after microfracture surgery on his right knee. He missed six games early this season with a foot injury.

Oden has averaged nine points and just over seven rebounds in 39 games this season. Joel Przybilla has been starting in his place.

s_bowie_i.jpg

You guys are dumb if you believe he was hurt after last night. Portland just finished a back to back last night and don't want oden playing 3 games in a row. He has nothing to prove in a meaningless game.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
oh no
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Nothing to edit CP. I am taking the L on this one and am starting to side with all of you in this thread. Oden is one big VAGINA. It is getting upsetting.Maybe this dude can stay healthy to make a slight impact during his rookie contract, but I am highly doubting it.

^
Hey you up in here front and center unlike a lot of people. That puts you alright in my book man.
pimp.gif

Right now, if I'm Portland, I think long and hard about just shutting him down for the year, right now. Sit him, make him be COMPLETELY healthy, and thenwork him out over the summer to build up some strength.
Then, next season, completely healthy, run him out there and see what he can do. If he goes down again, then it's time to cut ties.

IMO, at this point if you bring him back less then (for him) 100 %, he's just gonna hurt something else. We all see it. So give him a full 7-8 months tojust work out and work on his game as opposed to trying to get him back out there again. They made the pick, they have to live with it and try to give it agood run. And if he just can't handle it next year, then move on without him. It's a business, do what ya gotta do.

Exactly my thoughts. Stop delaying it. Just scope the knee. Sit him for the season (he hasn't helped this success much anyways) and get him ready toactually try to do something next season. Portland isn't winning the title this season so how would that hurt them? Hopefully management will be smart onthis one.

Ya'll would seriously trade Oden after 1 yr?? As you can see he isn't healthy right now.. Even the Clippers and Wizards had their #1 picked centers formore than 5 years.. He still has more time to pan out.. Only 20..
And people saying that the Blazers should of drafted Durant.... to play what position?? Who's controlling the rock, him or Roy?? Think for a sec..Anathletic 7"0 foot big man.. Or a 6"9 swingman.. Which of the two brings more championships?? *Jordan not included*.. I don't think the Blazersregret their pick.. They are disappointed maybe.. But, not regretful.

Edit: And I also agree with those two above me.. Sit him for the year.. Your still making the playoffs regardless..

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Ya'll would seriously trade Oden after 1 yr?? As you can see he isn't healthy right now.. Even the Clippers and Wizards had their #1 picked centers for more than 5 years.. He still has more time to pan out.. Only 20..
And people saying that the Blazers should of drafted Durant.... to play what position?? Who's controlling the rock, him or Roy?? Think for a sec..An athletic 7"0 foot big man.. Or a 6"9 swingman.. Which of the two brings more championships?? *Jordan not included*.. I don't think the Blazers regret their pick.. They are disappointed maybe.. But, not regretful.

Edit: And I also agree with those two above me.. Sit him for the year.. Your still making the playoffs regardless..
Uhh...obviously a 20 year old with THIS many injuries and a microfracture on his resume is very alarming. This "more time to pan out"nonsense can only last for so long. Olowakandi and Kwame Brown didn't come into the NBA with the "best big man since Shaq/Tim Duncan" label onthem...obviously Oden's dissappointment is going to stand out much more than theirs. As for KD...uhh...play him at the same position he's playingnow...the 3. Let him or Roy handle the ball...it doesn't matter. Durant would have easily been the go-to guy and the leading scorer on the team with Royplaying Robin and Aldridge doing the post work. This whole "athletic big man or 6'9 swingman" argument needs to die. With the #1 pick you takethe best player period...and I dare someone to tell me Oden was better than Durant coming out of college. Individual players don't win championships. Itmatters who's paired up next to those "7' big men and 6'9 swingmen". In the Blazers scenario...they likely still would have been alottery team with KD last year and would have had to chance to draft a center in this past draft. Roy+Aldridge+KD+A Lopez or a Hibbert or a McGee > The corethey have now which is scary because they're already good with the supposed cornerstone of their franchise being injury prone and out of commission often.I bet OKC is glad they were able to choose 2nd...that's all I know.

i cant wait until he retires in 4 years......

i really can't believe people keep saying he's an athletic 7 footer and i really can't believe there are still people who think the blazers madethe right pick.

he's only 20 and his body is already breaking down.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Ya'll would seriously trade Oden after 1 yr?? As you can see he isn't healthy right now.. Even the Clippers and Wizards had their #1 picked centers for more than 5 years.. He still has more time to pan out.. Only 20..
And people saying that the Blazers should of drafted Durant.... to play what position?? Who's controlling the rock, him or Roy?? Think for a sec..An athletic 7"0 foot big man.. Or a 6"9 swingman.. Which of the two brings more championships?? *Jordan not included*.. I don't think the Blazers regret their pick.. They are disappointed maybe.. But, not regretful.

Uhh...obviously a 20 year old with THIS many injuries and a microfracture on his resume is very alarming. This "more time to pan out" nonsense can only last for so long. Olowakandi and Kwame Brown didn't come into the NBA with the "best big man since Shaq/Tim Duncan" label on them...obviously Oden's dissappointment is going to stand out much more than theirs. As for KD...uhh...play him at the same position he's playing now...the 3. Let him or Roy handle the ball...it doesn't matter. Durant would have easily been the go-to guy and the leading scorer on the team with Roy playing Robin and Aldridge doing the post work. This whole "athletic big man or 6'9 swingman" argument needs to die. With the #1 pick you take the best player period...and I dare someone to tell me Oden was better than Durant coming out of college. Individual players don't win championships. It matters who's paired up next to those "7' big men and 6'9 swingmen". In the Blazers scenario...they likely still would have been a lottery team with KD last year and would have had to chance to draft a center in this past draft. Roy+Aldridge+KD+A Lopez or a Hibbert or a McGee > The core they have now which is scary because they're already good with the supposed cornerstone of their franchise being injury prone and out of commission often. I bet OKC is glad they were able to choose 2nd...that's all I know.
What the?? Bro he's only 20 yrs OLD.. Yes the injuries are alarming, and I'm pretty sure if the Blazers knew about it they would ofprobably steered clear.. But, it was a freak accident.. They gotta deal with it, and give him the rest needed so he can be that force in the paint that theythought of him to be.. And Everyone knows Durant was the best player coming out of the college.. .But! When You have someone in Brandon Roy, who is already thefocal point of the team, the primary ball handler and distributor, and scorer, and have a big man who can score but his weakness is D, and pulling boards*Aldridge*...In my opinion.. why overload your team with another scorer in Durant, and deprive your team of what really brings home the Chips.. A Big man AndDefense.. Hence them drafting what they needed, who also had A High ceiling at the Center position.. It's really that easy of a pick to make at that time..I have a hard time believing these players would develop so fast, or even co-exist if they were on the same team *Durant, Roy*.. These are franchise players,who would only develop to their max potential on their own teams, and the Blazers didn't really need the Best player of the draft.. They needed the bestplayer for their team.. that was Oden.. who was also the best player at his position..

It's like if the T-Wolves get the first pick... DO you think they are going to Draft Blake Griffin, when they already have Al jefferson.. or get a playerwho would be the best fit for their team who is also the best at his position??? Just a quick question.. Dang that would be a pretty sick frontcourt though..

/\ If the Wolves land the 1st pick im 99% sure they'd take Griffin with that other 1% being trading the pick. You just DON'T draft for team need withthe 1st pick. Look at Chicago...if you want to be real...they didn't NEED a point guard. Kirk was coming off a down year but he's certainly better thanthe average point guard in the NBA...certainly a starter. Before last year he was always being talked about as a future all star and was coming off a 17/6 yearon a playoff team. But Rose was the best player in the draft right? It almost always comes back to bite you in the $%* somehow. Top pick should be reserve forthe best player...period. As for Oden...what freak accident? He has multiple issues...they all weren't freak accidents.

^
I know exactly what you are saying, and maybe in hindsight you are correct, but 2 years ago, nobody knew that Roy was a franchise type player. He was a verypromising young player, but not franchise. Oden was expected to be the franchise player. Not just defend and rebound, but DOMINATE. Shaq, Russell, Wiltdominate. I've said it a million times, these damn Portland announcers were DRUNK as hell on the radio the night they won the lottery.
laugh.gif
They were poppin bottles, clinkin glasses, they were out of their minds withglee. That ain't for some "need" type player who can play some minutes. Hell, Pryz coulda done that if they were gonna ride withRoy/Durant/Alridge. Pryz can play D and board, why get all excited over Oden if that's all that was required?

Point blank, they were countin future championships out here for this guy. To this point, it's not workin out for the guy. (And you'll notice, JoelPryz is doin a fine job) but if Durant were on the squad..........

/\ If the Wolves land the 1st pick im 99% sure they'd take Griffin with that other 1% being trading the pick. You just DON'T draft for team need with the 1st pick. Look at Chicago...if you want to be real...they didn't NEED a point guard. Kirk was coming off a down year but he's certainly better than the average point guard in the NBA...certainly a starter. Before last year he was always being talked about as a future all star and was coming off a 17/6 year on a playoff team. But Rose was the best player in the draft right? It almost always comes back to bite you in the $%* somehow. Top pick should be reserve for the best player...period. As for Oden...what freak accident? He has multiple issues...they all weren't freak accidents.
The knee injury.. Freak meaning, never had any prior knee injury or problems with it.. Just that wrist injury in college.. And yeah you don'tdraft for team need with the 1st pick..in the cases where you don't have a franchise player leading the helms.. The Bulls didn't have that franchise,iconic player on their team.. They are going to go after the best player b/c that team is lacking a leader.. If you see what I'm saying.. And I also seewhat CP1708 is saying as well.. Everyone was calling Oden the next Bill Russell/Shaq/ insert any dominant C..Ididn't mean to say that Oden is going to be that filler type guy in the lane.. He's going to be that dominant big man that they need him to be.. WhatI'm saying is that his potential of growth will not hinder Roy's like Durant would b/c the G/C positions are complimentary.. They better each other..And I'm pretty sure that's the focal point the Blazers went through with when they picked him up.. Kinda like a Shaq/Kobe thing.. *Please laker fansdon't crucify me for comparing Roy to Kobe*

In a Roy/Durant situation.. Who would be getting the touches.. Which player is going to be comfortable handling and which spotting up..Would Roy be this goodif Durant was on the team.. B/C I'm not the only one who saw Roy more as a Robin than a Batman.. That's why I was mad at that OJ for Love trade.. Ithought it was stupid for both teams.. OJ and Gay is not going to work, never will it, no matter what...Mayo is going to demand the ball, shoot, ball hogwhatever..Gay wants the ball as well.. I just don't understand that either..I honestly think OJ is hindering Gay's growth..Most people argue thatGay's ceiling isn't that high anyways.. I beg to differ..That's how I would see the Durant and Roy situation..

And I definetely don't see the T-Wolves drafting Griffin.. You have Al Jefferson, who is your franchise player, and you just traded a franchise player inOJ Mayo, for another premiere type big man in Kevin Love.. What are you going to do with Love now?? And also you mentioned Rose Taking heinrich's spot..Rose in college > Heinrich in the NBA.. It's just that clear.. He's a much better fit basketball player and PG.. Rose is the Bulls franchiseplayer.. Heinrich is the Chicago Bulls point guard.. That's how I see it..

Back
Top Bottom