Greg Oden is trash thread...vol 1 man hacking machine

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i'll be honest, tonight be balled out 24 and 15...

[table][tr][td]Greg Oden, C[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]9-14[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]6-11[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]+27[/td] [td]24[/td] [/tr][/table]
A decent line, but let's be honest...they were playing the Bucks...
laugh.gif
The Bucks are a good defensive team, and Bogut is a good post defender.
ohwell.gif

I was one of the first people who said that Greg Oden was over hyped but danm y'all are taking this @*$# too far, centers always take more time to developit's the nature of the beast and since they rely heavily on other people getting them the ball they don't dominate early ESPECIALLY if they have a teamwith alot of ball dominating gaurds. The only time centers do well early is when they are defacto center of the offense. This is the reason Okafor has neverscored more tan he did in rookie year despite the fact that he is a better offensive player now than he was then.

Chill out while I DON'T think Greg is David Robinson like he was compared to early and I don't think he will be the type of player that can dominteconsistently night in and night out but I think he will be a good NBA player and a good NBA center.

I think he and Okafor will have similar career paths.

Originally Posted by bballah3

Originally Posted by vctry20

thats all they say too
you just wait....just wait...when he breaks out...oh...just wait

Or "He didnt even play all of last year...this is like his Rookie season...He is only a Rookie...He hasnt played as much as Durant. He is going to be the greatest player of all time"

But yeah...I would kill myself if I went to U of O. Listening to all those kids that know nothing about basketball talk about how great the NBA is....Honestly Oregon is one of the most, if not THE most sheltered places in the country. They only believe what is fed to them through The Oregonian or the news stations up there.
laugh.gif

Who are you? Wanna be my friend?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

This place is hilarious though if you don't get too frustrated. They CRAVE getting into the limelight so bad you can taste it in the air.

When 9/11 happened, they went on air here saying that we were a target.
indifferent.gif

And guess what, when the plane went down the other day in NY.......they reported on air that we had a plane go down that day too.
indifferent.gif
Surprisingly, I didn't see CNN or anybody covering any stories overhere.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

[table][tr][td]Greg Oden, C[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]9-14[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]6-11[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]+27[/td] [td]24[/td] [/tr][/table]
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

I was one of the first people who said that Greg Oden was over hyped but danm y'all are taking this @*$# too far, centers always take more time to develop it's the nature of the beast and since they rely heavily on other people getting them the ball they don't dominate early ESPECIALLY if they have a team with alot of ball dominating gaurds. The only time centers do well early is when they are defacto center of the offense. This is the reason Okafor has never scored more tan he did in rookie year despite the fact that he is a better offensive player now than he was then.

Chill out while I DON'T think Greg is David Robinson like he was compared to early and I don't think he will be the type of player that can dominte consistently night in and night out but I think he will be a good NBA player and a good NBA center.

Uh, Bogut didn't play.........
nerd.gif

The only big man the Bucks played the whole entire game was Dan Gadzuric

Oh my bad, but still It's not like that completely invalidates his performance. I think you would have to be a fool to say that Greg isn't incrediblytalented, thats not the question...it's weather he has the determination and durability to dominate on every night out.

[table][tr][td]Richard Jefferson, SF[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]8-16[/td] [td]2-3[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]-15[/td] [td]23[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Charlie Villanueva, PF[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]9-21[/td] [td]1-6[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]-8[/td] [td]23[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dan Gadzuric, C[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]0-2[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]-15[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Michael Redd, SG[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]6-14[/td] [td]1-5[/td] [td]0-2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]-28[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Luke Ridnour, PG[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]3-4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]-25[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BENCH[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FGM-A[/td] [td]3PM-A[/td] [td]FTM-A[/td] [td]OREB[/td] [td]DREB[/td] [td]REB[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td][/td] [td]PTS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Malik Allen, PF[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]3-6[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0-2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]+6[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Charlie Bell, SG[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0-2[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]+5[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ramon Sessions, PG[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]1-6[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]+10[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, SF[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]1-1[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]1-1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]-9[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tyronn Lue, PG[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]2-4[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]-6[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Francisco Elson, C[/td] [td]DNP COACH'S DECISION[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Joe Alexander, SF[/td] [td]DNP COACH'S DECISION[/td] [/tr][/table]

This is who played for the Bucks. Even their BACKUP center got a DNP. Oden basically played against guards all night.

There's your source of 24 and 15.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Here's the thing that kills me...

Any other young player that goes #1 and looks like Greg Oden has looked that far...he'd be getting crucified. But because Greg Oden has been gassed to the highest degree...people are cool with giving him the "give him some time" treatment.

Maybe I'm the only one who remembers all the talk before he actually played...how he was going to instantly come in and be one of the best centers in the league. Even this season alone...how he was going to be the rookie of the year...how he could easily average a double double...how he was going to be better than Dwight.
EXACTLY.

dudes were gassing him up to be one of the top centers of the league, even ahead of an improving andrew bynum (yes homer pick) without even stepping a foot on an nba basketball court.
eyes.gif
seriously, and now these same people are saying to give him time
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

I was one of the first people who said that Greg Oden was over hyped but danm y'all are taking this @*$# too far, centers always take more time to develop it's the nature of the beast and since they rely heavily on other people getting them the ball they don't dominate early ESPECIALLY if they have a team with alot of ball dominating gaurds. The only time centers do well early is when they are defacto center of the offense. This is the reason Okafor has never scored more tan he did in rookie year despite the fact that he is a better offensive player now than he was then.

Chill out while I DON'T think Greg is David Robinson like he was compared to early and I don't think he will be the type of player that can dominte consistently night in and night out but I think he will be a good NBA player and a good NBA center.

Uh, Bogut didn't play.........
nerd.gif

The only big man the Bucks played the whole entire game was Dan Gadzuric

Really though....the biggest players on the court were Gadzuric at 6'11, and then Villanueva 6'10"...Gadzuric only played like 14 or 15 mintoo...so he didn't even play half the game!

After that Its Richard Jefferson at 6'7", Malik Allen is a maybe 6'8".... So Greg Oden, who is seven feet tall....should be able to get 24points and grab 14 rebounds playing this squad.

And CP, where you from?

^
Originally from Cali but have been in hell Oregon for like 16 years now. God I'm stupid.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING CENTERS ALWAYS TAKE TIME??

Most of the great/ all star type centers came in and put up a double double as rookies....even mutombo avg 16 as a rookie.

jwjeffcompare.jpg

[size=-1][size=-1]The Conclusion[/size][/size]

[size=-1][size=-1]Admittedly, it was a small group of centers that was analyzed, but the results seem to supportthe theory: Centers DO take longer to develop. It would be interesting to expand the number of players and seasons to see if this trend is true. If so, Hoffawill reach his peak in the 2007-08 season, but will still be, in Hollinger's words, "definitely renting" or "on the first flight toYakima."
[/size]
[/size]

[size=-1][size=-1]82games.com
[/size]
[/size]

[size=-1][size=-1]They need to do this study again with a bigger sample size.
[/size]
[/size]

^
Oh F Hollinger and his BS. Oden was supposed to be the messiah. Shaq didn't take long to develop, Zo, didn't, Ewing didn't, Hakeem didn't,Yao, Stat, etc etc.

Now, having said that, those players all IMPROVED their games as they got older, of course. I'm not saying Oden will never improve, not at all am I sayingthat. But they all showed from day one, the very first day, that they had game. They had tools, they had moves, skills, something. Oden right now is justtall. That's all he's shown.

That center thing is crap because of scrubs like Kandi, Kwame, and other tools that throw off the curve, but Oden should be at the very least better then thoseguys. Least, he better be. But I'm sorry, it ain't takin Durant no time to make a splash. Is Hollinger tryin to tell me that someday Brook Lopezwill average 30 20 and 8 with 5 blocks, because he seems to be playin pretty good from jump. And he didn't have even an INCH the hype that Oden folks putout there.

Bottom line, they shoulda took Durant. Oden may become a decent center in the league. But decent centers don't warrant radio guys drunk on the air atdraft lottery's, or signs above the city before he even tries on a uniform, or counting chips on local shows, or comparing him to Bill Russell after asummer league game.......that's not just a "regular" center type hype machine.

This dude is so !*%+**# slow and clumsy on the court it was unbearable to watch last night. Dude moves like his feet are too big for his body or some $#@#.Then when he got snatched he went over at sat at the end of the bench and pouted like a little girl. It doesn't even seem like he enjoys playing basketballat all.

Oh,never mind he traded outta the spot to grab Paul or Williams
^ That was actually John Nash and Steve Patterson's work.

Although a Durant/B. Lopez duo statistically sounds better than an Oden/Bayless right now, but in a year or two, the latter will compliment Roy/Aldridge betterwhen they compete for Championships. Don't get it twisted, you can't go wrong either way but I like the way the roster is now.

Originally Posted by RodDaNasty

Although a Durant/B. Lopez duo statistically sounds better than an Oden/Bayless right now, but in a year or two, the latter will compliment Roy/Aldridge better when they compete for Championships. Don't get it twisted, you can't go wrong either way but I like the way the roster is now.
Whom Pritchard was a key voice in their dealings with, to the first statement.

And another one...........
smh.gif

Delusional.

I may be stupid, but I'm not delusional Ches.

Most of the great/ all star type centers came in and put up a double double as rookies....even mutombo avg 16 as a rookie.
umm doesn't he lead all rookies in double doubles?

seems like there's a lot of Oden haters out there.. at least he's better than Kwame Brown!

Originally Posted by calibeebee

umm doesn't he lead all rookies in double doubles?

Mutombo went to college more than one year and he was a lot older than Oden..Give Oden time he will be a beast.

Originally Posted by timmmmm

seems like there's a lot of Oden haters out there.. at least he's better than Kwame Brown!
You're sure about that?

This is what it's come too for the mighty Greg Oden? At least he's better then Kwame Brown!!!

Says a lot doesn't it?

That's not hate. That's me asking questions.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by RodDaNasty

Although a Durant/B. Lopez duo statistically sounds better than an Oden/Bayless right now, but in a year or two, the latter will compliment Roy/Aldridge better when they compete for Championships. Don't get it twisted, you can't go wrong either way but I like the way the roster is now.

smh.gif

Delusional.

I thought you were in the loop. Pritch came out and said the he lobbied for the team to draft chris paul and that management made the final decision. That yearPA got smart fired the management and hired Pritch as GM.

RodDaNasty wrote:

smh.gif

Delusional.

KP didn't even have a voice at that time so you should just stop this whole smart alec/delusional talk. Anyways, why all the hate for? You a Lakerfan, Bynum broke his knees twice already and you're gonna talk. Okay he's posted some big lines a few times but when's the last time he'splayed a full season? How old is he? How many rings he got? Wasn't he "trash" when he first started? Oden-Howard-Bynum will be linkedtogether for the next decade and I can honestly say in the long run, Oden and Howard will have more success then Bynum; team and individual.

Back
Top Bottom