Greg Oden is trash thread...vol 1 man hacking machine

Originally Posted by RodDaNasty

RodDaNasty wrote:
Oh,never mind he traded outta the spot to grab Paul or Williams
^ That was actually John Nash and Steve Patterson's work.

Although a Durant/B. Lopez duo statistically sounds better than an Oden/Bayless right now, but in a year or two, the latter will compliment Roy/Aldridge better when they compete for Championships. Don't get it twisted, you can't go wrong either way but I like the way the roster is now.
Whom Pritchard was a key voice in their dealings with, to the first statement.

And another one...........
smh.gif

Delusional.

I may be stupid, but I'm not delusional Ches.

KP didn't even have a voice at that time so you should just stop this whole smart alec/delusional talk. Anyways, why all the hate for? You a Laker fan, Bynum broke his knees twice already and you're gonna talk. Okay he's posted some big lines a few times but when's the last time he's played a full season? How old is he? How many rings he got? Wasn't he "trash" when he first started? Oden-Howard-Bynum will be linked together for the next decade and I can honestly say in the long run, Oden and Howard will have more success then Bynum; team and individual.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

RodDaNasty wrote:

Although a Durant/B. Lopez duo statistically sounds better than an Oden/Bayless right now, but in a year or two, the latter will compliment Roy/Aldridge better when they compete for Championships. Don't get it twisted, you can't go wrong either way but I like the way the roster is now.

smh.gif

Delusional.

KP didn't even have a voice at that time so you should just stop this whole smart alec/delusional talk. Anyways, why all the hate for? You a Laker fan, Bynum broke his knees twice already and you're gonna talk. Okay he's posted some big lines a few times but when's the last time he's played a full season? How old is he? How many rings he got? Wasn't he "trash" when he first started? Oden-Howard-Bynum will be linked together for the next decade and I can honestly say in the long run, Oden and Howard will have more success then Bynum; team and individual.

RodDaNasty wrote:

smh.gif

Delusional.

greg oden fans are worse than greg oden

Just so we're clear Rodney, I want to explain why it is that I am laughing so hard at your statement.

Howard will no doubt have a great career and indeed a better one then Bynum.

Will Oden? Hey, who knows, he might. Bynum seems to have an issue with unlucky injuries, so maybe Oden does have a chance to be a better player, as I havesaid before, I'm not an unfair guy.

But here's where you slipped up. Trying to tell me that the Blazers will have more team success then the Lakers..........That's just dumb. I mean, 40years of history hasn't spoken to you enough to know that this will never happen? Do you think I should start going into Yankees threads and telling themthat the Cubs will rule the world pretty soon?

Naw, not smart. You should know better then that.
grin.gif

Oden > Bynum. In terms of ceiling, potential, and health. So suck it Lakers fans!

All of this talk is dumb. He's gotta lower his body fat %. Looking a lot better lately though.

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
Originally from Cali but have been in hell Oregon for like 16 years now. God I'm stupid.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Of course your from Cali. 99% of the people from Oregon all say they are from Cali
eyes.gif

If you hate it here so bad I have to ask why not go back to Cali?

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Oden > Bynum. In terms of ceiling, potential, and health. So suck it Lakers fans!

All of this talk is dumb. He's gotta lower his body fat %. Looking a lot better lately though.
laugh.gif
really?

Originally Posted by DIGITALJORDAN

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
Originally from Cali but have been in hell Oregon for like 16 years now. God I'm stupid.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Of course your from Cali. 99% of the people from Oregon all say they are from Cali
eyes.gif

If you hate it here so bad I have to ask why not go back to Cali?

There are a lotta Cali's here in Oregon, it's the prices basically. So damn expensive to live in Cali, not as much to live here.

I wish every damn day I could go back to Cali, but I married an Oregon woman with probably the biggest family in history and they all live here.
laugh.gif

So again, I'm stupid.
laugh.gif

*DISCLAIMER: The opinions of RodDaNasty do not necessarily reflect the opinions of most Trail Blazer fans.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

*DISCLAIMER: The opinions of RodDaNasty do not necessarily reflect the opinions of most Trail Blazer fans.

roll.gif
roll.gif

I've thrown a few of those out myself for Laker fans sometimes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

laugh.gif
really?
Well, I think it's fairly debatable now. Bynum is just as injury prone and in the long run, I don't think his body will hold up as well.

I don't think I slipped at all. I can't take away the history of the Lakers. Nice accomplishments for a classy organization but we're talkingabout the future now. If we're gonna compare the two, you're right. The Blazers lone title in '77 when most of us weren't even born yetdoesn't compare to the 14 titles the Lakers have. However, let's look at the tale of the tape:

-Kobe is 30 and realistically has 2-3 MVP performance years in him and probably 2 more top 5 years after that. He's been playing at a high level sincehe's been, what, 17? He keeps his body fit and ready but it's not a machine.
-Phil Jackson is no Jerry Sloan and will not coach forever. Although he's very discreet and doesn't like talking about the future, he'sconsidering retiring again after the 09-10 season. (Cause he knows that Championship window is closing)
-Since people want to point out Oden's health, it's safe to say that Bynum is on the same boat.
-Pau is a great player but can't build around him. (See his Vancouver/Memphis days)
-Farmar, Sasha and Ariza are good role players but I believe they're sipping on that Devean George juice and bolt, get paid and find out they are veryaverage players.

Now to the Trailblazers. We've been perennial gatekeepers for the longest. But you can't deny that this team is different. We're no longer the"Too Deep" Blazers with former All-Stars. This team got the wealthiest owner, great personel, old school coaching staff and the second youngest teamwith all the right pieces. This team will take its lumps but I think they'll benefit the most when the old guard Spurs, Suns and Lakers lose to fathertime. Roy-Aldridge-Oden maybe the lowest Big 3 in the west right now but in 3 years they will be the gold standard. I think the only thing the Blazers willsuffer from is being in a small market.

With that, I think it's now safe to say, in the next decade Oden and the Blazers will be a problem and plan more victory parades than Bynum, the Lakers andultimately the League.The Lakers are the best team in the west no doubt right now and maybe for the next 2 years. However, these Blazers will be next in linewhen the Purple Reign is over. To my fellow Blazer fans, what did I say wrong to warrant this disclaimer? Was it the Championship talk or the Oden > Bynumtalk? I've been a fan through thick and thicker and even I know not to say something crazy like "we're the best" when Telfair, Reef, andJuan Dixon was our posterboys. Be confident on your team. I think the Superso... I mean the Thunder need some more fans.

roll.gif
It's not too early to say that this rookie class is both deep and special. In fact, this class could very well produce more starters -- and more All-Stars -- than any class in memory, even the celebrated class of 2003.
Let's start with the gimmes: Derrick Rose is a top-tier athlete with skill and savvy. Greg Oden will be the biggest, most agile center in the league after Dwight Howard. O.J. Mayo is already one of the top shooters in basketball and has the strength and mindset to be an excellent defender. Brook Lopez could eventually be the most skilled 7-foot center in the NBA. And he's a shot-blocker, too. If all four stay healthy, they should make many All-Star appearances in the future.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=thorpe_david&page=Rookies-090204http://sports.espn.go.com...d&page=Rookies-090204

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't think I slipped at all. I can't take away the history of the Lakers. Nice accomplishments for a classy organization but we're talking about the future now. If we're gonna compare the two, you're right. The Blazers lone title in '77 when most of us weren't even born yet doesn't compare to the 14 titles the Lakers have. However, let's look at the tale of the tape:

-Kobe is 30 and realistically has 2-3 MVP performance years in him and probably 2 more top 5 years after that. He's been playing at a high level since he's been, what, 17? He keeps his body fit and ready but it's not a machine.
-Phil Jackson is no Jerry Sloan and will not coach forever. Although he's very discreet and doesn't like talking about the future, he's considering retiring again after the 09-10 season. (Cause he knows that Championship window is closing)
-Since people want to point out Oden's health, it's safe to say that Bynum is on the same boat.
-Pau is a great player but can't build around him. (See his Vancouver/Memphis days)
-Farmar, Sasha and Ariza are good role players but I believe they're sipping on that Devean George juice and bolt, get paid and find out they are very average players.

Now to the Trailblazers. We've been perennial gatekeepers for the longest. But you can't deny that this team is different. We're no longer the "Too Deep" Blazers with former All-Stars. This team got the wealthiest owner, great personel, old school coaching staff and the second youngest team with all the right pieces. This team will take its lumps but I think they'll benefit the most when the old guard Spurs, Suns and Lakers lose to father time. Roy-Aldridge-Oden maybe the lowest Big 3 in the west right now but in 3 years they will be the gold standard. I think the only thing the Blazers will suffer from is being in a small market.

With that, I think it's now safe to say, in the next decade Oden and the Blazers will be a problem and plan more victory parades than Bynum, the Lakers and ultimately the League.The Lakers are the best team in the west no doubt right now and maybe for the next 2 years. However, these Blazers will be next in line when the Purple Reign is over. To my fellow Blazer fans, what did I say wrong to warrant this disclaimer? Was it the Championship talk or the Oden > Bynum talk? I've been a fan through thick and thicker and even I know not to say something crazy like "we're the best" when Telfair, Reef, and Juan Dixon was our posterboys. Be confident on your team. I think the Superso... I mean the Thunder need some more fans.
Hey man, I'n down with you for your passion. No qualms at all there. You speak your mind, and put your thoughts out there well, but you needto remember, you talkin like Roy ain't never been hurt. Like Oden won't ever catch nothin again. That's a reach man. You don't know if Rudygets pissed someday and wants to bolt to be the man elsewhere.

Fact is, for all this tomfoolery that is the Blazers thinking it's a wrap and time to start counting chips, rest assured, the Lakers aren't goinganywhere either. Farmar, Sasha, Ariza, Gasol, Walton, Odom, and Bynum all in their primes or younger. Now Bynum is showing to be an injury bug, but the teamas a whole could have a couple years to develop with an all level Kobe before he departs. Then I ask you.......Do you think that no other major stars in thisleague will want to play for the Lakers?

Do you think that we'll shrivel up and die once Kobe retires? Really? 5 seasons. FIVE seasons in the entire history of the league the Lakers haven'tmade the postseason. Never twice in a row. Magic retired, we were in the playoffs within a year. And had a nice young nucleus already building with Nick,Eddie, Elden, Vlade, Ceballos, etc etc. Then Shaq and Kobe came, you know the rest.

Shaq is traded, we were out of the mix for 1 year and then came back. We went with KIDS in Farmar, Walton, Sasha, Bynum, etc etc and then they grew anddeveloped, we add Gasol and Ariza, Boom, finals just like that.

We will always be around. Hell, do you know what I have saved on my phone? It's a quote from Greg Oden from SI. Do you know what it says?

"know it rains alot. I know it's close to LA, and I love that. I want to go to LA and go to the beach."

That was Greg Oden when they asked him what he knew about Portland. How many other guys want to go to LA and want to go to the beach? How many others want togo to a team that's on national TV all the time? That has the history we do? Look at what it did for KG and Ray Allen to join an elite franchise inBoston. It completely changed the image of their careers.

So good luck man. Keep praying that Bynum will keep getting knee injuries. Cuz that is all that will stop him. We don't need knee injuries to stop Oden,he just sucks.
laugh.gif

I don't think I slipped at all. I can't take away the history of the Lakers. Nice accomplishments for a classy organization but we're talking about the future now. If we're gonna compare the two, you're right. The Blazers lone title in '77 when most of us weren't even born yet doesn't compare to the 14 titles the Lakers have. However, let's look at the tale of the tape:

-Kobe is 30 and realistically has 2-3 MVP performance years in him and probably 2 more top 5 years after that. He's been playing at a high level since he's been, what, 17? He keeps his body fit and ready but it's not a machine.
-Phil Jackson is no Jerry Sloan and will not coach forever. Although he's very discreet and doesn't like talking about the future, he's considering retiring again after the 09-10 season. (Cause he knows that Championship window is closing)
-Farmar, Sasha and Ariza are good role players but I believe they're sipping on that Devean George juice and bolt, get paid and find out they are very average players.

Now to the Trailblazers. We've been perennial gatekeepers for the longest. But you can't deny that this team is different. We're no longer the "Too Deep" Blazers with former All-Stars. This team got the wealthiest owner, great personel, old school coaching staff and the second youngest team with all the right pieces. This team will take its lumps but I think they'll benefit the most when the old guard Spurs, Suns and Lakers lose to father time. Roy-Aldridge-Oden maybe the lowest Big 3 in the west right now but in 3 years they will be the gold standard. I think the only thing the Blazers will suffer from is being in a small market.

With that, I think it's now safe to say, in the next decade Oden and the Blazers will be a problem and plan more victory parades than Bynum, the Lakers and ultimately the League.The Lakers are the best team in the west no doubt right now and maybe for the next 2 years. However, these Blazers will be next in line when the Purple Reign is over. To my fellow Blazer fans, what did I say wrong to warrant this disclaimer? Was it the Championship talk or the Oden > Bynum talk? I've been a fan through thick and thicker and even I know not to say something crazy like "we're the best" when Telfair, Reef, and Juan Dixon was our posterboys. Be confident on your team. I think the Superso... I mean the Thunder need some more fans.

Wait wait WAIT.....a second.

1. You're an idiot and naive just like every other Blazer fan out there. You believe the trash that the Oregonian and those terrible Blazer announcers feedyou.

2. Your sig...
Portland Trailblazers, Baltimore Ravens, and New York Yankees!

Originally Posted by bballah3

1. You're an idiot and naive just like every other Blazer fan out there. You believe the trash that the Oregonian and those terrible Blazer announcers feed you.

2. Your sig...

Originally Posted by calibeebee

^^^^^

Thanks. Forgot to read the fine print.

I still think most if not all Blazer fans are idiots and naive though. That doesn't change my opinion.

Wait wait WAIT.....a second.

1. You're an idiot and naive just like every other Blazer fan out there. You believe the trash that the Oregonian and those terrible Blazer announcers feed you.

2. Your sig...

How am I an idiot? I atleast set up an argument, backed it up, and explained my reasoning. I'm not going around saying that Travis Outlaw isa T-Mac without the 3 point range, Webster is the best shooter in the world, Channing Frye is a franchise forward and ultimately call other people thatdon't follow your team idiots. I don't read the Oregonian nor listen too much into the bias commentating of Mike and Mike. Atleast CP is being agentleman about it and understands where I'm coming from. If you can come up with a debate on why I'm an idiot then maybe I'll believe you.

As for my sig, I played sports my entire youth but never got into following professional sports til the late 90's early 00's. At that time, those werethe good teams so I just latched on and stuck with them.

Originally Posted by bballah3

I still think most if not all Blazer fans are idiots and naive though. That doesn't change my opinion.

It's a good thing no one gives a $#*! about bballah3 or his opinions. Just another scrub who doesn't know @+$! on S&T.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom