Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted these in the legit check forums too. seller said they were legit. But upon taking a closer look they look to be GM. The font used for the "NIKE" on the tongue looks off. what do you guys think?

View media item 499562
You should post a better photo of the Nike tag and wings logo on the side. It looks stretched out to me. Who is the seller if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me if you don't wanna post.

Last edited:
Black Royal profile shot from JB website. The Wings logo on the pair a few posts above is definitely smaller and left justified. Can't just be the angle the photo was taken.
View media item 507397

Last edited:
Black Royal profile shot from JB website. The Wings logo on the pair a few posts above is definitely smaller and left justified. Can't just be the angle the photo was taken.
View media item 507397

When someone gets their GM royals, take this EXACT PHOTO of them please lol.

Ur right tho, it def looks bigger.

I found some royals for $240 shipped and there is a FSR... Makes me think they are GM. Seems way to good to be true.

2 points for AJ1 royal blue 2013

1, label of the box.

2, tag date.    when you see 9/13/12  and  11/28/12  must pay more attention

I'm also looking at a TB seller that has everything from air max, brons, kobes, nike cortez, roshe runs, kd's, other nike runners, AF1's, adidas shell toes, pretty much tons of shoes...

They can't ALL be fake or GM. These GM as well? 
taobao is a chinese ebay..not everything on that site is grey market.

taobao is a chinese ebay..not everything on that site is grey market.

I'm well aware of that.

I'm just making the point the sell these on a site with "GM" Jordan's. So not everything you see on TB is fake or GM. But thanks for the clarification? I guess...

credit to 天马的幻想 via NT xingcheng82

note: there are many different versions of fakes, because they all come from different factories

most of the ones posted here are not even A+ fakes

Last edited:
do your own homework bruh

Word, That's what makes me not even wanna share good info on NT anymore.

People wanna lurk, then be a smartass about it when other people are gambling their time and money to find out.

SMH

The determining factors seems to be the wings logo, Nike air tag on the tongue and the side profile of the toe box.

At least we know what too look for now.

People wanna lurk, then be a smartass about it when other people are gambling their time and money to find out.

SMH

The determining factors seems to be the wings logo, Nike air tag on the tongue and the side profile of the toe box.

I agree ive been doing mad research before i pulled the trigger on some royals and the things you pointed out is what i was looking at especially side profile on the toe box at least with recent grey market royals

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna try on Sneakerape for some Royals (mods let me know if I shouldn't mention this GM site) just so I don't have to deal with this foreign stuff on Taoboa

I think I'm gonna try on Sneakerape for some Royals (mods let me know if I shouldn't mention this GM site) just so I don't have to deal with this foreign stuff on Taoboa

well SneakerApe is a NT sponsor so you arent breaking any rules :lol:

Sponsor or not, their full size runs of older shoes is mad suspect. I would stay away, or just buy from taobao directly.

Not even a FSR.

The typical "GM" size run of 7-13

But yes, every size available of a super limited release.

$400 marked down... sneakeRape? Trying to sell GM royals for $400, SMH.

You can get the same exact shoe for $180 off Taobao.

And they used the photo with the Jordan key chain, lol.

Sneakerape definetly sells some gm pairs. They have the 17's for 400 wtf. Also spacejams with sizes 8-12 on both shoes

so your saying all these in here are straight fakes?
nerd.gif
not all but most, since I didn't see everything here, if you go to a sneaker con in Asia/China.. majority can easily tell you those are fake, since half of the shoes they sell there are fakes

I'm not the best at determining A+ fakes, unless its obvious like the B+/B ones I stated here.

SMH

the sole's texture are too rough & patterns are different too (i posted above).

you have both in your hands, its pretty obvious, it was the first thing I noticed when I hold the fakes

Last edited:
are we not allowed to post links to GM sellers?

--

anyways, i'm looking to order a (questionable) GM pair for comparisons sake. i have a size 12 DS here, and i know there are a handful of sellers/online stores who have them in stock, but i know a few of you going back a few pages are already doing the same.

any stores you guys are curious about (that nobody's ordered from to compare) where i can jump in and do one myself?

Last edited:
First thing I'd like to acknowledge is that on feet the "GM" royals are probably going to be indistinguishable from an authentic pair but in hand or if you want to see the differences all you have to do is open your eyes.  I posted this the first time pictures of the "GM" royals popped up and it still holds true.

If you want to know if a pair of royals are real or not just check out the back, I included authentic pics I found on the internet and compared them to "GM" pairs posted here and on TB.

Out of the 4 pairs of 2013 royals in my possession this year and others that I've seen in person none look like the "GM" pairs.

"GM" pairs all have this to a varying degree but they all have it.

Authentic Pairs Below

"GM" Pairs Below

The sole point behind me posting this is because these 2 items aren't the same, obviously not made from the same mold or materials.

Close but not the same, this supposed third shift is being run somewhere else otherwise the same consistent mistake wouldn't be made on every pair.

Last edited:
see i dont get it. we have legit checks where every detail of the shoe is looked at for authenticity. if anything is off everyone cries FAKE, yet here people see the same flaws and say "GM pair so its ok, its still real" :rolleyes .

and i wouldnt buy candy from sneakerape. no store should have full size runs of every shoe for less than resale price, but thats just me i guess.....

Last edited:
These are 100% authentic purchased from Foot Locker, and you can clearly see through the toecap some of the patent leather, so what's the deal? Did authorized retailers release versions of Concords that have milky toecaps and translucent?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom