Groupon is a DISASTER... Vol. Pump and Dump in effect... are we in another tech-bubble?

Originally Posted by oO Master Chief Oo

That's totally wrong^^^^ scottrade doesn't allow it for the first 2hrs I believe. But I have been able to buy shares worth about 50% more than what's in my account so how do you explain that

You can go long on credit if you have been approved by them but the shares can't be borrowed or shorted.  Looks like you paid about 7% on that 50% you borrowed.  You know how much you made after interest and commission?

It completely blows my mind that you are gambling on IPOs on margin or anything on margin given your limited knowledge.  It's like taking out a loan to go play poker in vegas.

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

That's totally wrong^^^^ scottrade doesn't allow it for the first 2hrs I believe. But I have been able to buy shares worth about 50% more than what's in my account so how do you explain that

You can go long on credit if you have been approved by them but the shares can't be borrowed or shorted.  Looks like you paid about 7% on that 50% you borrowed.  You know how much you made after interest and commission?

It completely blows my mind that you are gambling on IPOs on margin or anything on margin given your limited knowledge.  It's like taking out a loan to go play poker in vegas.

Wow you really are stupid, Do you actually know how Interest works? Do you trade yourself? You talk but you are really the dumbest one here. I don't think you trade with an online broker, oh and trust me I make great returns in the market, Ive shorted DB and AMSC for good profit and I've longed countless others. I wanna know how you've calculated how much knowledge about trading I have? Oh and that post about interet shows how little You know about margin trading, you're all talk but your jelly cuz you're poor and have no money to trade with. Sorry that's life maybe you should stop buying foams and polo boots and you'll actually have some money

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Wow you really are stupid, Do you actually know how Interest works? Do you trade yourself? You talk but you are really the dumbest one here. I don't think you trade with an online broker, oh and trust me I make great returns in the market, Ive shorted DB and AMSC for good profit and I've longed countless others. I wanna know how you've calculated how much knowledge about trading I have? Oh and that post about interet shows how little You know about margin trading, you're all talk but your jelly cuz you're poor and have no money to trade with. Sorry that's life maybe you should stop buying foams and polo boots and you'll actually have some money
Sorry if you took offense, calm down.

You mean to tell me you don't have to pay interest on these loans you're taking out?

I've been trading about 10 years by the way.

Interest is so nominal if the securities are held for a day, I wanna understand how you calculate interest, if I have 900 dollars on margin for 8 days tell me how much I pay Edit: I'm not saying I don't pay interest but I truly don't think you know how it's calculated. The interest for one day with principle of 1000 at 7.75% is less than a dollar

Interest is so nominal if the securities are held for a day, I wanna understand how you calculate interest, if I have 900 dollars on margin for 8 days tell me how much I pay Edit: I'm not saying I don't pay interest but I truly don't think you know how it's calculated. The interest for one day with principle of 1000 at 7.75% is less than a dollar
It all depends on how it's compounded.  It can be calculated many different ways.  Your base rate is 7% regardless of how you want to phrase the equation.

The fact remains, as you repeatedly question my intelligence, you are the one buying IPOs you know nothing about on margin.  Can I ask who put it in your head that trading on margin was a good idea?

Why do you think I know nothing abOut IPOs, what gave you that idea? Because guess what I made money off both

You've demonstrated your lack of knowledge on corporate finance, the capital markets, and online brokers in this thread.

I mean, it's black and white. Why don't you re-read post and everyones responses to them.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Why do you think I know nothing abOut IPOs, what gave you that idea? Because guess what I made money off both

You've demonstrated your lack of knowledge on corporate finance, the capital markets, and online brokers in this thread.

I mean, it's black and white. Why don't you re-read post and everyones responses to them.

If you're so smart why dont you explain what i did wrong. You seasoned investors should be teaching us peons. Are you saying IPOs are just to risky for the average investor 

Wonder if this is going to $18
nerd.gif

Groupon is TROLLING!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The internet bubble is ridiculous...

I need a scheme QUICK...
30t6p3b.gif

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7f6ea462-153b-11e1-855a-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz1eajUPo2U

[h1]Groupon slide continues amid fears of unrealistic valuations[/h1]
By Telis Demos and Michael Mackenzie in New York

http://
Shares in Groupon, the recently listed online coupon seller, have fallen below its initial public offering price, sliding along with the broader market and on concerns about its business model and slight stock float.

The shares fell 15.5 per cent on Wednesday to $16.96, below its IPO price of $20 and far below where it began trading on 4 November at $28 on the Nasdaq stock market, when it touched its peak of $31.14.

[h3]More[/h3][h4]ON THIS STORY[/h4][h4]ON THIS TOPIC[/h4]
The shares are now down 35 per cent on the week. Analysts are worried that Groupon may struggle to achieve profitability given strong competition from LivingSocial and similar products from Google, Facebook and others.

Investors also fear that tech companies that floated small percentages of their shares in initial public offerings, such as Groupon and LinkedIn, now trade at unrealistic valuations due to scarcity that makes it expensive to borrow shares and bet against them.

Groupon soared at its float in part because the company sold only 5.8 per cent of its outstanding shares.

“It went out at a price that was too high and was a very small float. Usually you’re going to see some after-IPO buying, but falling this sharply is a sign of the lack of demand,

Back
Top Bottom