GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

With all do respect to Luka, we live in this age of highlight “ballislife” culture and looking at stats to determine a players worthiness. It’s the reason why they gave that sympathy of an mvp award to Russ in 2017 for those empty triple doubles. The fact that Steph impacts the game without the ball in his hands is something to behold and is why the most keen analysts love to study his game. Steph changed the game.

Raptors are being allowed to play 2 hand defense alot this game.

Ref crew real sloppy tonight

Trash lineups by Kerr down the stretch in the 4th q. Subbed out oubre a lil too late for d lee(who ends up with the go ahead FTs). Amazing how a coach can nearly cost the team the game...

I swear Steph never gets the foul calls he deserves..

Wiggins is earning his respect. His defense has been superb. After all the criticism he’s been getting over the years, just happy for him once again.

defensive rotations have been good as well.

Might have to consider d lee starting in place of oubre. If Steph can’t get going early bc of all these defenses thrown at him, u gotta have someone on the floor who make shots consistently.

Side note: dubs shoulda kept Boucher instead of keeping Jordan bell. Dubs FO are crappy talent evaluators. Lol.

I was surprised that the W's won by 1 point.

We need to appreciate Wiggins' improvement on defense.

I bet Oubre won't replaced on the starting 5 until Steph or Dray say something. I saw how upset Steph got on Friday when Oubre didn't give him a screen to free him in the corner. It was a common Steph play and his frustration was seen.

Should be a good game against Indiana tomorrow night.

Nice to see the W's 6-4 in the first ten games.

Let's keep this going! Damion Lee is slowly turning me into a believer.

With all do respect to Luka, we live in this age of highlight “ballislife” culture and looking at stats to determine a players worthiness. It’s the reason why they gave that sympathy of an mvp award to Russ in 2017 for those empty triple doubles. The fact that Steph impacts the game without the ball in his hands is something to behold and is why the most keen analysts love to study his game. Steph changed the game.

At what point is this bad take going to go away? Westbrook has won like 80% of the games he had a tripe double in. Not sure why everyone keeps saying they are empty. There is a direct correlation between his 3Ds and wins.

I’m gonna be frank I just never liked the way Russ play the game :lol::lol: triple double avg is a feat no doubt but we all knew who the real mvp was8)

Sac really played the pacers well and I think oladipo is gonna be out for the back2back.?Should be a good chance for the dubs to get that W.

Sabonis looks like he doesn’t like going out to defend the perimeter.Hopefully the dubs exploit that and that dray makes it a tough on dude all night.

Wiggins oubre and paschall should be enough to disrupt McDermott’s shooting. Honestly if we stop those two, dubs should win easy.

me too homie... me too.
And dude is active on defense. Not saying he is lockdown, but his energy and activity leads to positive things on both ends.

The whole team has definitely turned a corner on defense and FAST. They were getting smoked from beyond the arc the first two games.

And dude is active on defense. Not saying he is lockdown, but his energy and activity leads to positive things on both ends.

The whole team has definitely turned a corner on defense and FAST. They were getting smoked from beyond the arc the first two games.

Credit to Ron Adams and just having Draymond back. Was honestly concerned about the warriors defense at the start of last season because it looked like the coaching staff didn’t know how to adjust to all the 3 point shooting that the whole league does.

The whole team is giving great effort on defense and rotating and keeping each other accountable.
Rebounding has improved slightly. More jumpshots=more long rebounds. I’m liking how we’re tipping balls out to open spaces for other teammates to get the rebound as opposed to jumping high to get a rebound. Dray could’ve had an “honest” triple double if he hadn’t tipped some balls away lol.

Speaking of rebounds. It may just be too early to tell, but Wiseman just isnt a ball magnet. You know how some players are just always at the right place at the right time for rebounds haha.

Paschal on the other hand seems to be a ball magnet and just times his boards up well.

Speaking of rebounds. It may just be too early to tell, but Wiseman just isnt a ball magnet. You know how some players are just always at the right place at the right time for rebounds haha.

Paschal on the other hand seems to be a ball magnet and just times his boards up well.
I think Wiseman is still trying to understand where he needs to be. I saw one play on defense where he looked unsure on who to guard and ended up overcommitting by defending the ballhandler when his man rolled to the hoop. It'll come, he has so much potential.

I love Paschall in his role because he has the speed mismatch against the opposing bigs. Also with the defense, he isn't set up as a liability when guarding bigs. Ron Adams is so good.

Draymond is looking like he's finally getting his conditioning in form.

Hoping they can take care of business against Indiana, who are playing on a back-to-back.

Wiseman just isnt a ball magnet.

One of the topics I wonder myself. Is it mainly an innate skill? Quick reaction time, great motor, great anticipation of where the ball might end up, etc. As with probably everything in life, I am sure you can improve with diligent hard work, but how much better is the question. I would even argue that only a small percentage of NBA players, past and current, has been a ball magnet.

One of the topics I wonder myself. Is it mainly an innate skill? Quick reaction time, great motor, great anticipation of where the ball might end up, etc. As with probably everything in life, I am sure you can improve with diligent hard work, but how much better is the question. I would even argue that only a small percentage of NBA players, past and current, has been a ball magnet.
True, I am not sure its something you can teach. You can teach being aggressive on boards. That will reward you for sure.

But being in position and knowing where the ball will come off the rim and backboard seems like an innate skill.

Back
Top Bottom