Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

Guardians is about to be a game changer, 9 months before A2

...meanwhile Jason Mamoa turned down being Drax and wants to be casts as Aquaman in BvS :lol:
Yeah he didn't quite think that one through :lol:

This dude really picks questionable roles so I don't consider him even that relevant since Khal Drogo was 4 years ago. Had a spark when he started but now he's just garbage. He's still young enough to turn it around though.
What else has he played in???
I didn't even see what was so great about him In got
Dude has not been missed :lol:
Basically.

I think the hype around Momoa at this point is about his look not any talent or skill.

Just left the screening

OMG this movie is INCREDIBLE!!!!! Watched it in 3D and it's definitely worth it. Great acting all around. I don't follow the comics at all but I really enjoyed this movie. It's ******* hilarious. Chris Pratt did his thing. Rocket pretty much stole the show.

Thanos was shown briefly but dude looked like a total bawse

You guys should ABSOLUTELY see it!!

Always got to give a DC jab every chance you get. :smh: Why can't people just try and enjoy both Marvel and DC?

Plus Marvel lowballed Momoa so he turned down the job, I mean look who they got to replace him, Batista who would probably do the movie for a Happy Meal just to be in a legit blockbuster film. This is Disney afterall.

Ya'll act like he said no to Drax because he was offered Aquaman back then.

I agree though that Momoa is asking too much for what he has done but the reasons you guys are posting isn't exactly accurate.

I'm tired of seeing RFX and sunshine argue in every single superhero thread... it happens every time.

Just don't respond to each other :lol:

Last edited:
Well that last post is to Lamekilla and if I don't call him out on the DC-hate, he'll never learn. :lol:

And I do avoid Sunshine as much as I can, it'll a be a full time job if I responded to all the ridiculous posts he makes but there are times that dude goes a bit far and just makes no sense.

I mean even that apology, it can't even be sincere, "ok, I apologize but I doubt it's about that anyways". Then he explains he used to work with them but still can't give a full pledge apology for what he wrote that he knows is wrong.

Last edited:
What look does he have????
Can't the rock just take whatever role dude would want
Yes The Rock could.

I meant look as far as his face and how tall he is, and I guess the muscles would help as far as being an imposing individual in movies or tv.

Forget Momoa though. I don't know what The Rock was thinking.

Maybe Marvel didn't set up a meeting soon enough or don't have anything in mind with him despite what has been said publicly.

What role would Rock play in Marvel? Seems like dude is too light-skinned for Luke Cage or BP. Luke Cage is also a Netflix show now so I don't know if Rock is willing to do that. I'm not even sure I've seen a report where Marvel met with him.

I mean every comic book role are huge right now and the studious are taking them much, much more seriously these days.

Last edited:
Marvel is not about to cast a bunch if A-listers, they are better off with up and coming actors and boosting their careers without having to break bank paying them...best believe Pratts career will explode after this movie and JP coming next, dude is gonna be HUGE....but I'm sure he's not making ridiculous money off Guardians, their biggest name I think is Bradley and he can't really ask for much because he's just lending his voice.

But Namor isn't even in Marvels list right now, he doesn't really fit with the Avengers and if they just stick him in there just to say you have Namor is how you ruin the films like Fox did with XMen.

Technically it's with Marvel but there are complexities that makes it difficult to make:

Yes, but it’s slightly more complicated than that. Let’s put it this way – there are entanglements that make it less easy. There are older contracts that still involve other parties that mean we need to work things out before we move forward on it. As opposed to an Iron Man or any of the Avengers or any of the other Marvel characters where we could just put them in.

Plus Marvel is cheap. :lol: Rock being the having the highest grossing actor last year plays to his advantage with how much money he asks for.

Last edited:
What role would Rock play in Marvel? Seems like dude is too light-skinned for Luke Cage or BP. Luke Cage is also a Netflix show now so I don't know if Rock is willing to do that. I'm not even sure I've seen a report where Marvel met with him.

I mean every comic book role are huge right now and the studious are taking them much, much more seriously these days.

Rocky could have pulled off Thanos, although I'm not mad at all at Brolin getting it, I think he could have pulled Ronan as well

I don't know about Thanos, look-wise he could but I think Thanos will need more acting chops because his presence will be big once he becomes the main villain.

Ronan could have worked but that looks like a one-off villain, seems like a waste for the Rock. If they offered you 3-4 movie deal at DC with guaranteed $$$ over a one-off villain that'll get killed off after one film, which way would you go?

But Namor isn't even in Marvels list right now, he doesn't really fit with the Avengers and if they just stick him in there just to say you have Namor is how you ruin the films like Fox did with XMen.

Technically it's with Marvel but there are complexities that makes it difficult to make:
Plus Marvel is cheap. :lol: Rock being the having the highest grossing actor last year plays to his advantage with how much money he asks for.

I thought marvel acquired the rights to Namor back from Universal. I had a theory this morning about one of the mystery dates being Namor and tying into a Defenders film

They did but like in that quote, there are still some stuff that needs to be worked out, they didn't go into details but again, Marvel seems focused on the ones they have right now plus the tech for underwater scenes might just be too much.

I'd wait and see how Avatar pulls it off first and then go from there, Marvel should have 3 films per year by then so maybe they can squeeze him in.

Just came back from the screening and my girl and I really enjoyed the flick. This wasn't one of the movies I was looking forward to this summer and I'll admit that I only saw it because it was free. Had I paid to see it, it would've been worth every penny. A lot of the humor had an Avengers feel to it. My biggest concern for this film is that not a lot of people are going to see it. The screener was only half full. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie does poor numbers but I do hope Marvel pushes forward with the GotG franchise.

Looks like more and more are going to see this before next week so please NO SPOILERS YET!

Questions but just need a yes or no answer and nothing else to those who has seen it, did you see the end credit scene? Because the early screenings for the critics didn't have it so I am curious if it was the same thing with you guys.

Just came back from the screening and my girl and I really enjoyed the flick. This wasn't one of the movies I was looking forward to this summer and I'll admit that I only saw it because it was free. Had I paid to see it, it would've been worth every penny. A lot of the humor had an Avengers feel to it. My biggest concern for this film is that not a lot of people are going to see it. The screener was only half full. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie does poor numbers but I do hope Marvel pushes forward with the GotG franchise.

Dont underestimate word of mouth, right now the forcasted projections are 180M in the states 500M overall. The "overall" forecast is similar to Cap 2s before word of mouth

Guardians is about to be a game changer, 9 months before A2

...meanwhile Jason Mamoa turned down being Drax and wants to be casts as Aquaman in BvS :lol:
Yeah he didn't quite think that one through :lol:

This dude really picks questionable roles so I don't consider him even that relevant since Khal Drogo was 4 years ago. Had a spark when he started but now he's just garbage. He's still young enough to turn it around though.
What else has he played in???
I didn't even see what was so great about him In got
Dude has not been missed :lol:

Stop it. Khal Drogo was that dude. He needs to be resurrected and rip people's throats out.

Him passing on being Drax was dumb though. Maybe he didn't want to have to shave his head like Karen Gillan had to.

The reviews have been pretty high for this, hopefully I'm wrong about this film and it delivers.

Back
Top Bottom