Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

Ghostface Killah and RZA are nerds. They admit this themselves without outright saying "I'm a nerd" He is one of Iron Man's 12,000 fans

But the Wu have a large fanbase, most of them aren't nerds. But they've heard Ghost talk about iron man, name his first solo album iron man and his alias is Tony Stark. Even Jon Favreau had to throw a Ghostface song in IM 1. (Even though he cut his cameo :rolleyes) but of course I have to stop thinking comic fans make up even half of these moviegoing audiences. That was my gripe with people hating on ASM2 as well. :smh:

But the Wu have a large fanbase, most of them aren't nerds. But they've heard Ghost talk about iron man, name his first solo album iron man and his alias is Tony Stark. Even Jon Favreau had to throw a Ghostface song in IM 1. (Even though he cut his cameo :rolleyes) but of course I have to stop thinking comic fans make up even half of these moviegoing audiences. That was my gripe with people hating on ASM2 as well. :smh:

Its not even half. In the states and in the UK it's less than a 1% for titles like Iron Man and Avengers. Those currently sell something like 30k a month average. At an average ticket price of 15 dollars a 600M dollar movie has 40M viewers.

Iron man was a nobody before RDJ?

Interesting... Me and Ghostface Killah disagree
Yup GFK was the only other dude feeling him like that :lol:

I'm talking on both levels though. Mainstream wise IM was a nobody and not amongst the top superheroes (there's really only like 6 or 7 notable ones everyone can name) and even more so in the comics IM was not a big seller. He had his fan base and was well known but when it comes to classic runs, Spidey and DD had more and IM was not touching Batman.
Before 2008, iron man was not a mainstream hero. I remember this clearly. It was the movie that made him popular.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to explain this same thing to guardians of the galaxy fans in 6 yrs. . 'see kids, before the first movie came out, no one knew who TF star lord was..'
Repping this later.

To be clear this aint hate, just facts.

I happened to not like Iron Man much in the comics. RDJR and the movies has made me love the character.

Last edited:
Gunn at the Marvel panel

"How much trouble would I get in if I just told them GotG 2 was coming out?"
July 28, 2017 is GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2!
"It's time the kids take over the candy store," says Gunn.

Even before a sequel was official I was reading that if it does get one Marvel would reward them with another summer spot since they're a brand new thing and did so well unlike the first go around when stuff was just above average.

While I think about it now and War of Kings can be done if you change the players and work with what you got I don't see the rest happening and really I don't think it's even smart to announce all of the release dates so early. Better to have fans still guessing.

While I just looked up this War of the Kings stuff, I read that it involves Nova. They'd have to establish him first right? And hell, they may make Nova a kid.

Just like the other stuff they'll do it different. None of these movie stories are 100% based off of any particular comic run.

If they don't got Nova going by then they'll just have GotG do more heavy lifting or whoever else survives the movie as a good guy.

While I just looked up this War of the Kings stuff, I read that it involves Nova. They'd have to establish him first right? And hell, they may make Nova a kid.

With the Nova Corps being set up, all they have to do now is pick our main Nova either Sam or Rich

It'll be Richard Rider, he was already suppose to be in the film but was cut because they wanted the focus on the team/Quill.

Original Nova Richard Rider Was Cut From The ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Movie

Said Feige:

There were some thoughts to it, yes, back in early drafts in the early development stage. But, there was a fork in the road that we came to at one point in the development process where we decided to eliminate Nova and go full-on with Peter Quill’s story.

Last edited:
I hope they don't cast nathan fillion like people were speculating. Would rather see someone new.

Can't be, Fillion already has a very small cameo part in GotG and that i why that hot Nova Secretary got her job because she's Fillions girlfriend.

Though his part is in the background, just a small irrelevant easter egg supposedly so I guess they can still make him Nova if they really wanted to but not likely.

^
Ok. Didn't know he has a small cameo in it. That's good then and i'll look at pics of his hot girlfriend again.

Back
Top Bottom