Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

Loved the movie! Great mix of action and comedy. Rocket and Groot stole the show. Right behind Avengers and Cap 2 for me. Poster they gave away was sweet also.

Damn, I didn't get a poster :frown:

When Thanos was revealed, the whole audience went crazy. He looked even better than what I pictured him.

Sucks that we won't see him to his full potential until like 2018 with Avengers 3.

^I was the only one who went crazy for thanos. My theater went crazy for Howard the Duck.
In my personal opinion they shouldve stuck with the shade of purple used in Avengers. i dont know why they lightened the skin tone.
Still I hope he is strong enough to take the entire Avengers team in Avengers 3.

Also I cant wait for the box office numbers. There is no way this is only doing 68. 73-75 imo.

Last edited:
Damn, I didn't get a poster
frown.gif

Did you watch it in IMAX 3D? It was supposed to be given away for the first showing.

So so good.

All five stood out in their own ways and there were some great supporting players too.

I thought they did a great job breaking the cliched moments with humor - i.e. when Peter saves Gamora or before the attempted dance-off

bummed i didn't get a poster... watched the 2nd showing :rolleyes
it was AWESOME!!
i didn't spot nathon fillion, heard rumors he was in it... like a quick cameo or something... i did see his girl tho :evil:

Cap 2 just became available for download. Got to watch it again soon to compare which is better.

i didn't spot nathon fillion, heard rumors he was in it... like a quick cameo or something... i did see his girl tho :evil:

He's probably one of those easter eggs you'll see someone freeze frame when the bluray comes out.

According to their information, Fillion will not be playing any notable or even named part in the movie. Instead, he will just be appearing as "Monstrous Inmate."

Just got back from the IMAX 3D showing, best movie to date in the MCU and it's not really close for me either.

They definitely did a lot of revision to their story, including changing up the personalities of some characters, but I didn't mind it that much.

Seeing Cosmo was great, I was really hoping for him to drop a line in that thick Russian accent of his :lol:

Would have also liked to see Mantis make a cameo,. It would've worked as one of the girls that Peter hooks up with, but I guess they didn't want another green girl in the movie.

Such a great watch, I highly suggest you go watch it so we can all converse about it freely here.
I wish it was a tad bit longer to a bit more in depth with the characters, they are all interesting.

Yes or else they wouldn't have even mentioned it. It was definitely one of the most interesting teasers they left out and probably going to be the most searched question on google this weekend.

What Gunn has to say...

Gunn spoke about already having plans for the sequel and which characters we would be learning more about:

“I know a lot of where I want to go. I have a lot of ideas for stories and characters that are going to appear, and there are documents written up, that some people have, about Peter Quill’s father and his relationship, a lot of stuff about Yondu and a lot of stuff about Drax that nobody knows….There are a lot of things that are part of the overall schematic that already exist, not to mention a lot of stuff about all of the cultures. There’s a lot of stuff about Xandarian and Kree culture that I’ve written down or I have in my head, as well as Krylorians and Ravagers.”

Gunn also elaborated on his plans, indicating which characters he thought would be important to the sequel.

“Kevin Feige has stuff. I wrote up a lot. He knows all the stuff and if I died tomorrow they could go make a movie. They could write the story of Peter Quill’s father and it would all be there. I think Yondu is a very important character, a really important character in this universe, and I think Nebula is really important too and so I think we’ll see more of both of those characters.”

Last edited:
The movie built up Peters dad like he about to be some Darth Vader -like character :lol:

He's not all that interesting, at least imo.

Last edited:
The movie built up Peters dad like he about to be some Darth Vader -like character :lol:

If people thought GotG were obscure, Marvels definitely digging deeper to their obscurity archives with his dad. :lol:

Movie was awesome. Especially with the little 80's stuff put in the movie. Movie reminded me a lil bit of anime Outlaw Star. I got a poster on the second showing regular show for free :D

Quill's dad is one of the things I think Bendis is doing a great job with on his Guardians run.
I already can't wait for Guardians 2. I really wanna see where they take Nebula.

I just got back and...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

When Thanos came out...

View media item 1109461
Brolin's voice is perfect.

This movie was :nthat: :pimp: :smokin ******* awesome!!!

I was locked in from that scene gave the background to Peter Quill's childhood. I was LOCKED in. I seriously cared about all of the characters and no one felt out of place at all. EXCELLENT casting!!!

I'm going to see this movie at least two more times. The music, the effects, the makeup, the acting, the humor, THE VILLAINS and everything were on point. Rocket and Groot... WHOA!!! When you put Drax and those two in the mix, I was having feels. When my dude Rocket got emotional about being called names, I swear I wanted to go donate to PETA or some ****.

This was Marvel at their finest. It seems like The Winter Soldier was a clear indicator of them stepping their game up big time. This movie is going to be a classic sci-fi movie. It's honestly the kind of movie that can be its own thing without The Avengers ever needing to step foot into their world. I'm sold on this franchise. Bring on the sequel!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom