Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

Excellent excellent movie. Going to go down as a classic.

Going to be my favorite comic book franchise outside of the Avengers.

I mean I have the same problem with all these types of movies, 3rd act is too long, and sort of monotonous.

They have to serve so many masters so thats the case with all these type of films,

but at least Guardians imbues the format with a really strong original voice. something that Thor movies for example lack.

I left and got McDonald's lol. ill go again tomorrow and sneak into hercules. really great flick nters. ignore all bad reviews

It follows the standard marvel format tho. Great intro and early middle, okay part leading to tye end. Good end.

I did think it was the best directed tho.

Loved that Rocket was a well realized character.

Last edited:
did you guys see anything cool in the collectors room? 
nerd.gif
 PM if needed. 

did you guys see anything cool in the collectors room? :nerd:  PM if needed. 
There was a dark elf & cosmo. I think I am missing one item. Howard the Duck was revealed as an item in the post credits. You really were not able to see most of the collection

Ohh and wen I saw Yondu's acoustically controlled arrow I clapped, not loudly tho. It just shows that they put someone who knows the material in charge.

Everyone left in the theatre clapped when they saw the Howard the Duck cameo. I wasnt sure what type of response it would get since.

Last edited:
Great movie. 4th best imo. When i saw the celestial i damn near fainted.

yeah the celestial part was a real nerdgasm.

I love cosmic marvel so danm much, if they made a Blank Panther movie like the current new avengers run where he's dealing with cosmic problems that would be amazing.

not enough action the way marvel movies are structured.

Last edited:
Just got out of watching this, amazing movie. The cast was on point, meshed really well. The comedy was awesome, had the whole theatre cracking up. Next movie of 2014 foe me by far and the best Marvel movie IMO

Not reading anything but early reviews, looks good so far. Gonna try and check it this weekend

I might have to watch it again tho. TWS jumped from 3rd to best 1st the second time around.

Surprised you could say s**t so many times in a PG-13 movie.

This movie also had the most unique first 40 mins in any marvel film and in almost all films in general. It's just that 3rd act syndrome that Marvel suffers from that keeps it from being the best. I didnt think IM1 or Cap 2 had that.

Don't let anyone tell you its a bad movie. Still great.

Last edited:
This movie also had the most unique first 40 mins in any marvel film and in almost all films in general. It's just that 3rd act syndrome that Marvel suffers from that keeps it from being the best. I didnt think IM1 or Cap 2 had that.

Don't let anyone tell you its a bad movie. Still great.

Man I was just talking about that..marvel seems to cannot pin down a legit great 3rd act

Glad my dude Pratt has a big role. Crazy seeing him in Everwood and all the trash movies he's been in to now be Star Lord and in the next Jurassic Park.

Back
Top Bottom