Gym Etiquette.......let's get a list

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

curls right in front of the rack so dudes cant access the only 3 dumbbells that happened to be racked that day.
This is the one thing I really get bothered by. I attempt to get in these peoples way. Like they can't take 5 steps back or something.

Most of my pet peeves are with girls:

-Don't talk on the cell phone while doing cardio, barely peddling fast enough to keep the machine on.
-Don't sit there working the crap out of your abs, with no type of form, and no cardio. All you're doing is putting muscle under fat.
-DON'T TALK ON THE CELL PHONE WHILE DOING AB WORKOUTS. Hurts my neck just watching.
-Don't sit there and make sure guys are looking at you while you workout, this isn't a bar or night club.
-Go with all your friends just to talk and look at people.

-Thing that really gets on my nerves both guys and girls going to the gym in casual clothes on a friday/saturday night and acting like it's a socialgathering to kick it. **** my way so i can get my workout in after work.

-Don't try and coach me through anything, just leave me the hell alone.

I hate the 75 year old man that's just warming up for an hour while I'm just lifting, and he'll come up and be like "you know if you lift thatwith a 63-degree angle you can maximize your blah blah blah..." Ol' Leroy Smith looking $+$@+ tryin to motivize me.

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

Got this idea from something PanaRicanRetro said in another thread where some dude was doing standing military presses in the power rack for like 8-9 sets
smh.gif

anyways...let's list some Do's & Dont's when you work out...

-Wipe down the machines/benches/etc when you are done....there's nothing worse than seeing a sweat outline on the bench because someone didn't wipe it down after they finished their sets....the worst was this one dude I used the bench after (he wasn't sweating) but he musta had some extra juicy activator in his hair, cause the top of the bench was saturated looking like an egg mcmuffin wrapper.....even after wiping it down, the **+@ was STILL stained
smh.gif

-[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Chill with the Monica Seles EXCESSIVE grunting when putting up weight.[/color] Obviously, people are gonna make noise when they are working out, but there's no need to be loud enough to the point where people can hear you across the gym..

-Rack your weights....show a lil' sympathy for the folks who work at the gym and also others who may want to use machines, free weights, etc....when you're done, RACK YOUR **+@! Nothing worse than going on a leg press and having to clear 10 45lb plates cause someone else was too lazy to clean up themselves...

-Respect the fact that some people DON'T use the gym as a social club. There are people who kill workout momentum by trying to carry on long @%+ conversations...be respectful of others working out, and don't waste their time.

I'll add more later on...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Don't ask for a spot and then put on weight where the spotter needs to actually lift the last 2 or 3 reps.
laugh.gif

A spotter is there just in case the bar slips or you pass out or you can't lock out the last rep. The spotter's not there to actually help you lift the weight.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My dude Antwan be doin that #++$....
I end up curlin like 300 lbs to get the weight up off his dumb $#*.
and this %%##@ be like "one more, One more" I just lift and rack it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Apeks

Just to add to everyone else's list:

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]-dudes who take a shower and dry off their junk at the hand dryer while you're washing your hands next to them[/color]
-i hate it when you try to organize the weight rack a little and you figure out that all of the weights are in the wrong spot
-i hate when people try to refill a large water bottle when there is 5 people in line for the fountain
laugh.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by mistah majestic

I hate the 75 year old man that's just warming up for an hour while I'm just lifting, and he'll come up and be like "you know if you lift that with a 63-degree angle you can maximize your blah blah blah..." Ol' Leroy Smith looking $+$@+ tryin to motivize me.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

JR5

yesterday i was in the middle of my set on bench press and dude walks over to me and asks
if im using these 5 lb weights (benches have a weight tree attached to the back at my gym).

i had my headphones in, so you can imagine from my point of view i'm trying to focus and push out my last few reps
and then i see this brian scalabrine lookin character lean over the top of me, and i can't hear so he starts yelling louder and louder and louder

the way he did it just pissed me off and i wanted to throw the 5 lb weights at him like a discus.
It wasnt even crowded, this was like at 12:30 AM and he had his choice of 5lb weights throughout the gym.

/rant

Originally Posted by mistah majestic

I hate the 75 year old man that's just warming up for an hour while I'm just lifting, and he'll come up and be like "you know if you lift that with a 63-degree angle you can maximize your blah blah blah..." Ol' Leroy Smith looking $+$@+ tryin to motivize me.
yea there is this 70+ yr old dude at my gym saying to me that i should use a belt for military press...while im lifting..like ok dude thanks forthe tip, now leave.
Originally Posted by jailblazer

yesterday i was in the middle of my set on bench press and dude walks over to me and asks
if im using these 5 lb weights (benches have a weight tree attached to the back at my gym).

i had my headphones in, so you can imagine from my point of view i'm trying to focus and push out my last few reps
and then i see this brian scalabrine lookin character lean over the top of me, and i can't hear so he starts yelling louder and louder and louder

the way he did it just pissed me off and i wanted to throw the 5 lb weights at him like a discus.
It wasnt even crowded, this was like at 12:30 AM and he had his choice of 5lb weights throughout the gym.

/rant

ridiculous, you should have punched him in the face.

Back
Top Bottom