H1N1 FLU........UPDATE : Flu may be less potent than first feared (pg 32)

the people that are dying are the very young and the very old, according to what im hearing, this is all BS to me, people die from the flu everyday, this isall starting to just annoy people

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

if this is a hoax like a lot of people are saying then why are people dying????

Again, no one is calling this a hoax. They are just saying that it is not as serious as people are claiming. Yes it can spread very quickly, however it CAN betreated.

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

if this is a hoax like a lot of people are saying then why are people dying????

the presence of a "hoax" does not have to suppose the nonexistence of the thing itself.

Though others are saying statements similar to that, I hope you were referring to the vid posted and I hope you and others take the time to watch it. (esp.before adhering to any inoculations, etc.)

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

the people that are dying are the very young and the very old, according to what im hearing, this is all BS to me, people die from the flu everyday, this is all starting to just annoy people

yes, they die from the flu everyday. but they have a cure for it, or something to prevent it. unlike the swine flu. that's why they are making a big dealout of it. so, lets stop repeating over and over "zomg half a million ppl die from the common flu every year". i mean yeah, the media is over doingit a bit, but it's kind of scary how something they have no REAL cure/prevention for is spreading so quick.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Media is a complete joke.
We already knew that during the election & now after with the Obama riding

Nice for some liberals to realize it now....
this is not a liberal/conservative thing
the media is a joke when it comes to almost everything

Yeah right. Mass media seems more liberal to me than anything else..

smh.gif
@The fear mongering.

Originally Posted by JAYMATIK

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Media is a complete joke.
We already knew that during the election & now after with the Obama riding

Nice for some liberals to realize it now....
this is not a liberal/conservative thing
the media is a joke when it comes to almost everything

Yeah right. Mass media seems more liberal to me than anything else..

i find it funny how tbone wants to say the media is a joke when he rides fox news so much.

is everyone taking notice of the heavy campaigns of fear we've had in the past decade? and how they have and areaffecting/shaping society?

that's what's really concerning. (with where this may go) imo

fear is the tool of control. the tool. it manipulates will and leavesthe populace subject to those with the promise of security. that's the covert danger I'm sensing in all of this.

let's keep our heads.

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

the people that are dying are the very young and the very old, according to what im hearing, this is all BS to me, people die from the flu everyday, this is all starting to just annoy people

yes, they die from the flu everyday. but they have a cure for it, or something to prevent it. unlike the swine flu. that's why they are making a big deal out of it. so, lets stop repeating over and over "zomg half a million ppl die from the common flu every year". i mean yeah, the media is over doing it a bit, but it's kind of scary how something they have no REAL cure/prevention for is spreading so quick.
Again, they DO have a cure. It can be treated with antibiotics. There is no REAL cure for the regular flu either,just antibiotics that can stop it. The SWINE FLU is unaffected by two of the four antibiotics mainly used to treat regular flu, therefore there IS A CURE. Ifyou get it it is NOT A DEATH SENTENCE.

I don't understand why people can't get this.

Mexican ambassador: Flu's reach exaggerated
The Mexican ambassador to the United States said Thursday reports about the deadly H1N1 flu virus have dramatically overstated the disease's reach, and that just eight deaths can be definitively pinned on the virus.

Ambassador Arturo Sarukhan, addressing a luncheon sponsored by the Meridian International Group, said just 100 H1N1 virus cases have been confirmed in Mexico, far fewer than the nearly 2,000 press reports have indicated.

"Things in Mexico basically seem to be at a plateau," Sarukhan said, adding that the next 24 to 48 hours will indicate how far the virus has spread and whether it's been brought under control.

Sarukhan said those who would try to close the border with Mexico to stop the spread of the disease are misguided, and praised efforts of his own government and Canadian and American governments in responding to the crisis.
TheLink
Yet they still close the schools

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

yes, they die from the flu everyday. but they have a cure for it, or something to prevent it. unlike the swine flu. that's why they are making a big deal out of it. so, lets stop repeating over and over "zomg half a million ppl die from the common flu every year". i mean yeah, the media is over doing it a bit, but it's kind of scary how something they have no REAL cure/prevention for is spreading so quick.
Again, they DO have a cure. It can be treated with antibiotics. There is no REAL cure for the regular flu either, just antibiotics that can stop it. The SWINE FLU is unaffected by two of the four antibiotics mainly used to treat regular flu, therefore there IS A CURE. If you get it it is NOT A DEATH SENTENCE.

I don't understand why people can't get this.

i stand corrected, thanks.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Shouldn't the biggest fear be if it mutates? Is it possible the strain mutates?

This is also possible. They said if it were to combine with something like Bird Flu, then it would be an airborne bird flu which would also be VERY bad. If itmutates too quickly, drug makers may not be able to create vaccines fast enough which would also be devastating. The mutation issue should be the main concern.Viruses always mutate, which means that it could possibly happen.

It is all about your immune system. While there are no cures for viruses, they can be treated with things like antiviral drugs that can help your immune systemfight off the virus.

I went to a cirque du soleil in randalls island NYC today and there was an asian family wearing those masks the entire time...i was
roll.gif
roll.gif

kanye has to be pissed that he didn't get this popular this fast. this is all going to blow over in a week or two. something else is going to come up andwere all going to forget about this. the media is blowing everything out of proportion the same way they did with 9/11, the wars, and does anyone remember annanicole?

all you gotta do is watch when you sneeze and cough, wash your hands and keep living life. we all have more important problems to deal with, like rising gasand food prices, so may i say this for everyone, F THE MEDIA!!!!
grin.gif

Originally Posted by pricankid9

kanye has to be pissed that he didn't get this popular this fast. this is all going to blow over in a week or two. something else is going to come up and were all going to forget about this. the media is blowing everything out of proportion the same way they did with 9/11, the wars, and does anyone remember anna nicole?

all you gotta do is watch when you sneeze and cough, wash your hands and keep living life. we all have more important problems to deal with, like rising gas and food prices, so may i say this for everyone, F THE MEDIA!!!!
grin.gif
What if they're doing something right now, and this is an attempt to overshadow it

Originally Posted by 49ers650

kanye has to be pissed that he didn't get this popular this fast. this is all going to blow over in a week or two. something else is going to come up and were all going to forget about this. the media is blowing everything out of proportion the same way they did with 9/11, the wars, and does anyone remember anna nicole?

all you gotta do is watch when you sneeze and cough, wash your hands and keep living life. we all have more important problems to deal with, like rising gas and food prices, so may i say this for everyone, F THE MEDIA!!!!
grin.gif
What if they're doing something right now, and this is an attempt to overshadow it

who are "they"?

grin.gif

who are "they"?
Owners of a news channel that are politically biased and have something to gain/lose from concentrating on an issue

grin.gif

who are "they"?
Owners of a news channel that are politically biased and have something to gain/lose from concentrating on an issue

Did you really just say they blew 9/11 out of proportion?
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom