Halal Stand on 53rd and 6th Appreciation

Wait. Son works at the joint on 169th?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

ive been going here for like 10 years. If you an og you do realize that the quality is going down and whats up with this 6 bucks bs now. if Sam(kinda heftydude) is working he still hooks it up for 5. Anyone ever been there at night when the fights be breakin out? i remember one time some dude got shot out there

definitely appreciated.
i usually go to the cart outside of woodhaven station near the corner of queens center mall because its closer.
they used to sell it for $2 but now they raised it to $4
frown.gif

my first time getting 53rd and 6th halal food was a nightmare though lol
went there a couple weeks ago around 2 AM because i was in the area after hearing about the hype for months
got the chicken over rice after waiting on line for a good 15-20 minutes and decided to drench my entire food with the hot sauce... big mistake
eek.gif

little did i know this hot sauce was nothing like the ones they use at queens center or any other cart i been to
it was the hottest hot sauce i have ever tried and this is coming from someone who has a high tolerance to any hot sauce.
the chicken was good though
happy.gif

Man I haven't had the Halal in prob 2 years, gotta make a trip back to NYC soon.

BTW, OP you have a sweet avatar. Sentry is one of the coolest characters right now, always takes care of business with the void

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

It's a yogurt/cucumber based sauce of Greek origin.

Yep, it's called Tzatziki. Stuff is so good, I had a Falafel gyro with extra Tzatziki for lunch today. Too good man.
The white sauce at 53rd and 6th is NOT tzatziki sauce. The halal sauce is mayo based.

And yes, the cart across the street (the south east corner of the intersection) is the same food.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

chicken over rice ftw but why u blowing up the spot though
dudes have a damn website -- http://www.53rdand6th.com/
no one's blowing up anything.

http://upload.wikimedia.o...en/5/5c/53rd_and_6th.jpg src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5c/53rd_and_6th.jpg">
What part of they have a line for 3 blocks did he not understand. We're not giving them any publicity they don't already have.

I don't like this particular cart much, I much prefer the one on the other side, Shandi's halal. They got the square plate and cook your halal withonions and green peppers
pimp.gif

We talking about Chicken and Rice? Whenever I head up to NYC this is always a must. I remember the first time I had it I put in too much hot sauce and Iseriously was dying. I think I ended up buying 4 bottles of water. Lesson learned.

Originally Posted by ThEPoiNTGoD

A piece of advice for those who are new to the cart--and for those who may not know:

The cart on the southeast corner of the 53rd and 6th is exactly the same as the famous one (SW corner) with the giant line. Same food, same owners, same supplies, same sauces.

This.

tacos1.jpg
tacos.jpg

i think i prefer taco trucks out here ....but i do wanna try this halal stuff ...my cousin out in NYC been telling me about it ...but i just never foundinterest in visiting east coast...but if i do, this the first thing imma try ...

In DC it's all about the L Street Bulgogi cart on 14th and L NW.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

$7 for a healthy portion of spicy bulgogi

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by marcgrat

Originally Posted by Gmills23

What is that white sauce?

You just answered your own question.

Exactly...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

White Sauce + Hot Sauce + Spicy Rice + Lamb + Chicken =

33d8kf5.gif

smokin.gif

Edit:

BTW, get your mind out the gutta, this GIF is NOT from that type of movie...

terrible gif execution.

28lxssk.gif

hows about that for an execution...
grin.gif

jesus !#*$%%! christ i almost choked on my water
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom