Half a million millenial men are missing from the labor market

Union cement truck driver here.

31 an hour, ot after 8, ot Saturday double time Sunday. Free health care, free dental, pension, company match 401k.

Am I gonna get rich? Nah, but I’ll be just fine.

At my job you can expect to make 70k-120k depending how much you wanna work, if you take a lay off in the winter etc.

Forgot to say I’m the lowest paid of the trades but I love this job. Taking a 95k pound truck and driving through two feet of mud is the life for me. :lol: :pimp:

Concrete finisher pays 41 an hour
Brick layer 38
Crane operator 40
Dozer or any other big iron pays 40
Diesel mechanic 36
Pipe fitter 50+

I’m telling you guys, get an apprenticeship get paid to learn instead of go in debt to join the rat race. Our jobs are fun as hell and pay good.
I can feel the radiance of this post :D:D:pimp:

if u wanna live in TriBeCa or upper east side, if u doing that in da hood u gucci.

Facts

People try to live above their means in nyc. You can be chillin out here with a nice renovated spot uptown or in bk with that salary. Even better if you have a girl/wife splitting some of those costs...

Facts

People try to live above their means in nyc. You can be chillin out here with a nice renovated spot uptown or in bk with that salary. Even better if you have a girl/wife splitting some of those costs...

or live like a small lord in da Bronx/parts of Staten Island.

90k is tough in nyc, extremely tough, i couldnt imagine living anywhere close to nyc on that without living in terrible conditions. My rent alone like 6k.

Maaaaannnnn, if you don’t stop talking down on The Bronx.

Although, them new luxury apt buildings by the Bruckner looking pretty dope.
Property in that area going to be a dope come up in 10 years.

I think a majority of old folks don't retire simply because they will lose out on their benefits.

Companies are finally starting to force them out with voluntold buy outs.

They're inflating payroll for no real gain which is working to millennial favor.

Damn I can’t believe vice actually mentioned a decline in unions.

That’s true, unions used to keep these companies in check now you got cats working at amazon pissing in bottles because they are afraid to ask their boss for a piss pass like they are in kindergarten.

Unions are still massive here but they are getting killed off in red states and wages are reflecting that.

Unions will always be big in the north east and California though.

Another millenial article title

Why Millennials Aren't Using Top Sheets on Beds

I only use a comforter in the winter and no sheets in the summer besides the fitted sheet and pillow case.

Bruh what is a top sheet? :lol:

I have the fitted sheet and a comforter, why would you need a sheet for your sheet

Back
Top Bottom