Halladay Will Say Yes to Yanks

indifferent.gif

Halladay Would Waive Clause For Yankees
28th November, 2009 - 10:13 am

New York Daily News - Roy Halladay would waive his no-trade clause if the Blue Jays were able to work out a deal with the World Series champions, according toa report.

A story on the Canadian website Slam Sports quoted an unnamed major league executive as saying, "I don't know when he is going and I don't knowwhere he's going. But I do know that Halladay has told the Jays he'll approve a trade to the Yankees."

Halladay used his no-trade clause to block deals to the Twins and Rangers this past summer.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

"I don't know when he is going and I don't know where he's going. But I do know that Halladay has told the Jays he'll approve a trade to the Yankees."

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Halladay used his no-trade clause to block deals to the Twins and Rangers this past summer.

I'm sensing a pattern here

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
If they end up having to trade him to Boston or New York for a package that doesn't include Jesus Montero or Casey Kelly...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

lmao ... how you win the world series and potentially add roy halladay ...

CC
Roy

does it matter?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
If they end up having to trade him to Boston or New York for a package that doesn't include Jesus Montero
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Not sure about that, the more this goes on the less the Jays will get.

the hell?!??!?!

Is that new information or something? Everyone knew we were shopping around for a pitcher at the deadline and Halladay's name was thrown out there but itwas considered a far-fetched idea that we would even go after him. I knew we were on the list of teams he didn't want to go to but we actually had a dealset and ready?

And he blocked it?
indifferent.gif

If so, Halladay you %@%#

Originally Posted by Los Yankees

Not sure about that, the more this goes on the less the Jays will get.
That's what I'm saying... They should have traded him at the deadline last year when they were clearly not going anywhere...

They let JP drag this out way too long and now they've got a new GM whose first move will be to either trade Roy Halladay or keep him and watch him walkaway after the season... STUPID.

This is yet another reason to add to the list of reasons why hating on the Yankees for "buying" championships is ******ed. People want to play forwinners. Bottom line.

Originally Posted by dland24

This is yet another reason to add to the list of reasons why hating on the Yankees for "buying" championships is ******ed. People want to play for winners. Bottom line.
Buying isn't even the case here. Doc is getting TRADED, not signing with the Yankees. Of course he'll sign an extension with them, butthat's besides the point. Jays are considering trading him to the Yankees because they are one of the few teams with the combination of prospects and moneyneeded to get Halladay. And he'll accept it because he wants to win after being in hell for the past 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom