Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

?

It's not that bad :lol:

Halo 4 is a great game

Meh game is alright but I also agree that not that many people will be on this game come the new year... well maybe everyone getting the game for Christmas so that might build the population.

Dudes is bringing that call of duty **** to Halo with the camping a high spot or an enclosed area with the saw or sword or shotgun.

I gotta run with a couple of you guys on here because running with randoms is getting me so tight like they keep going back to where dudes is camping and just giving them more kills with more ordance drops of heavy weapons.

Antidope is right though they should have kept multiplayer like how they had it with Halo 3... to me that was just perfect man that game.

I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep messing with this game, but then again I'm not young anymore where I can chill out for hours on end playing video games and Halo isn't really a pick up and play type of game like COD is.

Game is pretty good, but my gripes are with how these smelly bastards are playing but you can force people to play a game to how you think they should.

I mean today I finished the campaign so I started only playing the multiplayer today... I definitely don't see myself putting in as much hours as I did with Halo 3 though.

I prefer the map/weapon control of Halo 3 instead of this crap where some scrub gets the ordanance drop and gets rockets out of nowhere.

Its going to be one of the top played Xbox games until halo 5 comes out.

Its going to be one of the top played Xbox games until halo 5 comes out.
I no longer use this as a means to judge these games by. Its expected now.

http://www.halotracker.com/Default.aspx The only site at the moment that has detailed H4 stat tracking.

MLG is going to BR starts only
pimp.gif
. At least someone listens.

Annnnndd button glitches are back. Wonder how widespread its going to get.

Someone figured out how to avoid Join In Progres

Okay

So we all hate Join In Progress, I hate it, you hate it, your nan hates it aswell as her dog. So some legend on the MLG forums has discovered a way to detect when you are going to get Joined In Progress and how to avoid it so you can only play games you want to, from the start. Here's how to avoid JIP..

"While searching for a game, if you see Incoming Players that are blinking then it will be a brand new game and no need to quit out. But what if you see players names! This means it will be a Join in Progress game, and you can't press B to get out! No worries though. Just press Start, then go to network settings and change it from Xbox Live to Local. Wait 1 second, then change it back to Xbox Live. This will kick you out of the JiP crappy system, and throws you back to the lobby. From there, just restart the search."

and there you go guys, oh and by the way it doesn't count as a DNF (Did Not Finish) or a loss in your stats so it want mess with that stuff.

I've been doing this for a about an hour and it works great and it doesn't mess with your stats, literally had more fun in Halo 4 in the past hour than I have since Nov 6.

Spread the word.

Last edited:
nice find.

props to anyone being able to pull those off in a game

Last edited:
Halo Waypoint and stat tracking in general is complete *** compared to halo 2 and halo 3. I can't see how well I am doing in snipers because that is included in slayer overall kills.

I think I am a better sniper than I was in reach already but not as good as in halo 3 yet.

Props on that JiP fix. Nothing worse than being thrown into a game where you are losing badly or it's 2v4 for the entire match.

Visible skill ranking is so necessary. It gives players something to strive for; further motivation to win games every time as opposed to "at least I got mine"

One of my favorite aspects of Halo 3 multi was the competitiveness at 40+

It would be cool if they had fans vote for a retro map/remake.. Guardian or The Pitt belong here.

Binary Rifle :x

as far as multi-player goes, which would you guys say is more fun? cod or halo4? i own halo4 and have been an avid onliner since H2. H2 was and will always be GOAT for me but i strictly play multiplayer. i wonder about the replay value with how the system is set up now...they have to be like cod to keep up with them but why cant we customize what we want when we reach ordinances? (or can we and i just dont know s*** ?) i used to love the BR/Shotgun and it seems like im limited to what weapons i want to start off with... :frown:

P.S i play forreal...so add me if you guys are down to play some SWAT or somethin. GT: Cadentracer0660

I don't think the shotgun can ever be a starting weapon cause it is a power weapon. You can make the BR your starting weapon and there is also a perk that allows you to carry 2 primary weapons.

I was reading that there is a specialization called Tracker that allows you to change your ordinance if you did not like it.

Halo Waypoint and stat tracking in general is complete *** compared to halo 2 and halo 3. I can't see how well I am doing in snipers because that is included in slayer overall kills.

I think I am a better sniper than I was in reach already but not as good as in halo 3 yet.
I never really noticed this, but wow. Terrible terrible terrible. How do you move so much backwards in terms of the stat tracking.
Visible skill ranking is so necessary. It gives players something to strive for; further motivation to win games every time as opposed to "at least I got mine"

One of my favorite aspects of Halo 3 multi was the competitiveness at 40+

It would be cool if they had fans vote for a retro map/remake.. Guardian or The Pitt belong here.

Binary Rifle
sick.gif
Yeah I agree, it cut down on the people who would BS around in game. Binary Rifle is ridiculous. "Hey lets take the laser and make it as quick easy as the sniper rifle" That and incineration cannon are too powerful. Makes no sense.
as far as multi-player goes, which would you guys say is more fun? cod or halo4? i own halo4 and have been an avid onliner since H2. H2 was and will always be GOAT for me but i strictly play multiplayer. i wonder about the replay value with how the system is set up now...they have to be like cod to keep up with them but why cant we customize what we want when we reach ordinances? (or can we and i just dont know s*** ?) i used to love the BR/Shotgun and it seems like im limited to what weapons i want to start off with... :frown:

P.S i play forreal...so add me if you guys are down to play some SWAT or somethin. GT: Cadentracer0660
I'm biased, but I would say Halo.
I don't think the shotgun can ever be a starting weapon cause it is a power weapon. You can make the BR your starting weapon and there is also a perk that allows you to carry 2 primary weapons.

I was reading that there is a specialization called Tracker that allows you to change your ordinance if you did not like it.
Who needs shotty anymore when you can spawn with Boltshot. That gun is ridiculous, I dont even feel right using it.

I have a couple of people on my list who have this, theyre not huge fans. According to them, even if you get a mediocre selection and switch it out, youre probably going to get more mediocre stuff.

That snipedown video is a reason why there needs to be ranks. I mean he is good but not 25-0 good against players at his level.
The halo 4 population is almost half what it was last week already. I think Call of Duty + no ranks are taking effect now. I might take a break from the game until the ranks implemented or just play halo 3
mean.gif
yeah but its not like he'd be a general already the game just came out.

Last edited:
I got bored with this game quickly :smh:

Can't believe I'm saying that about Halo... my beloved Halo |I

I went back to MW3 and will probably pick up BLOPS 2 and stick with that.

Some reasons that I wasn't that interested in the game:

The maps suck... almost all of the ones for infinity slayer everyone gets to the middle point that has an enclosed space and camps there and just DMR while hiding behind cover.

Big Team Slayer is what I started playing after getting pissed off by infinity and dudes camp on the outer parts of the map with the DMR.

I haven't tried Slayer Pro yet so I'll give that a shot... I mean I'm going to play the game here and there maybe, but I can already see I'm not going to put the hours into Halo 4 like I did 3... hell not even Reach.

There are too little maps period you're always playing the same ones and like I miss how Halo 3 was with grenading to drop shields and finish a person off. None of that in this game because most of the levels there really is not grenade bouncing so you can't really strategically use them.

I also hate the fact that I'll do real good and then my teammates suck... playing around and driving the mongoose through the cannon and all sorts of nonsense causing me to get frustrated because I'm tryharding and they're BSing around.

I haven't played with anyone yet in multiplayer so maybe if I get other good players that do good and I'm rewarded with a win for doing good also it would make my experience with this game better.

The skill ranking definitely needs to come back and have players choose between if they want to play ranked matchmaking and social.

Maybe when they add more maps I'll play some more, but multiplayer is just frustrating me.

Add me if you're going to play serious and you're decent at the game.

GT: Never Had Much

yeah kinda sucks when I constantly keep doing good in games and still keep losing, pretty frustrating :smh:
and man that boltshot is no joke >D

Game is trash compared to BO2. Maps are horrible and there is only like 5. I will dl all map packs tho. I loved halo 3. Multiplayer and all was "perfect"

halo 3 was my jam til COD4 came out. its crazy how both of those games came out around the same time and where the peak of their franchises

I still play H3 from time to time. Its dying though, theres always connection issues because the lobbies contain people from all over cause the population is so small now.

One of the annoying things about this game is that you cant press select  and keep walking. Why did they remove that? I dont want to stand still while looking at the score.

Dominion makes no sense. Just played it for the first time today. This exists yet Assault is gone
indifferent.gif

I haven't played since I picked up Borderlands 2...hopefully when I get back on they'll have some of the connectivity issues fixed.

nothing of note has been improving so far except for a few glitches being patched

the playlists are still trash

snipers only lasted 1 week and was replaced with a non slayer FFA :smh: :x

I went through a period where I thought that the game was meh, but I recently went over that hump. Probably didn't have as much fun with a FPS since COD4. And I'm not even that good, k/d is something like 1.2, but still having mad fun. The maps don't seem that trash anymore either, other than Solace. :x

does anyone know when they are goin g to raise the rank cap? i thought they said november 20?

I went through a period where I thought that the game was meh, but I recently went over that hump. Probably didn't have as much fun with a FPS since COD4. And I'm not even that good, k/d is something like 1.2, but still having mad fun. The maps don't seem that trash anymore either, other than Solace.
sick.gif
I agree with this, I kinda got over the stuff that I didnt like and will hold out hope until Janaury and see what happens with the TU. I actually like Solace.
nothing of note has been improving so far except for a few glitches being patched

the playlists are still trash

snipers only lasted 1 week and was replaced with a non slayer FFA
mean.gif
sick.gif
This has moved up to #1 on my complaint list. All of their playlist people need to be FIRED, this is the worst playlist breakdown since the beginning of H3.

Map pack release dates leaked, I dont think I'm falling for this blatant money grab. Hopefully one of the packs contains some good 4v4 maps if thats the case I'll buy that one, but all three? Nah.
[h2] [/h2]
[h2]Halo 4 Map Pack DLC Release Date Revealed on Xbox 360 Dashboard[/h2]
November 27, 2012, 15:14 [IST]

|

Gadget Guru

Start of google text ad on the top of the article/* style google text ad double*/.double_google_text_ad{width: 660px;padding: 4px 5px 4px 4px; float:left;border-bottom:solid 0px #A3A3A3;margin:10px 0;}.ads_by_google_dbl{color:#000000 !important;font-size:12px;font-family: arial;}.google_text_ad_single_link_top_dbl{text-decoration:none;font-size:15px;font-family: verdana;}.google_text_ad_multi_link_top_dbl{text-decoration:none;font-size:15px;font-family: verdana;}.google_text_ad_desc_top_dbl{color:#000000;font-size:11px;font-family: verdana;line-height:16px;}.google_text_ad_desc_top_dbl_bottom_tp{color:#000000;font-size:11px;font-family: verdana;line-height:16px;}.google_text_ad_url_top_dbl{color:#000000 !important;font-size:10px;font-family: verdana;text-decoration:none}.entry .double_google_text_ad table, .entry .double_google_text_ad table td {border: 0 none;}/* style google text ad double*/

/** The JavaScript returned from the following page uses* the parameter values assigned above to populate an array* of ad objects. Once that array has been populated,* the JavaScript will call the google_ad_request_done* function to display the ads.*/Ads by Google
ITT Tech - Official Site  
Tech-Oriented Degree Programs. Education for the Future.
www.ITT-Tech.edu

End of google text ad on the top of the article

halo4-image.jpg

Halo 4 will be getting three multiplayer map packs for downloading starting from December 10, 2012 and will end on April 1, 2013. The information was obtained through a leaked picture which appeared on German Xbox dashboard. The leaked image was first published in Halo Council. Three dates have been notified for the upcoming map releases.

It includes; 
  • Crimson Map Pack to be released on December 10[sup]th[/sup]
  • Majestic Map Pack to be released on February 25[sup]th[/sup]
  • Castle Map Pack on April 1[sup]st[/sup]
However the claim still stands as a rumour since the reports are not yet confirmed by 343 industries themselves. The Crimson Map Pack is comprised of three maps including Wreckage, Harvest and Shatter. The Wreckage edition will witness chaos among a clash of civilizations and dangerous exposures. Harvest includes the gamers venture in to human colony environment followed by Shatter which deals with human foray on an alien moon. 

The second map pack named Majestic Map Pack will be comprised of maps, Landfall, Monolith and Skyline. Landfall deals with infantry battles where as Monolith deals with the firepower of the opposing teams. Skyline map as the name signifies provides gamers with an industrial feel with confined spaces. The third and the last map pack is Castle Map Pack which is comprised of Daybreak, Outcast and Perdition. 

Daybreak edition will happen in a military background located in a mountain range. Outcast will see gamers moving through arches of an alien edifice. Perdition will have players engaged in an urban sprawl that would need them to use up tactical speed and situational awareness. All the three map packs would be made available for Halo 4 War Games Pass that will cost about 2,000 Microsoft Points. The pass will give gamers a 15 percent discount along with a Falcon emblem. The Map Pas was however provided for free with Halo 4 Limited Edition.
does anyone know when they are goin g to raise the rank cap? i thought they said november 20?
Its January now I heard. Its going to roll out with the TU apparently. There shouldnt be a cap in the first palce

I know people who have already reached SR130.... Ridiculous. I dont see the point a progression based ranking system where you can feasibly hit the highest rank in 4 weeks though, the first Inheritor in Rech didnt come along until 4 months post release. It also takes the same amount of EXP to move up to each specialization which makes it meh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom