Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

Only remake..... for now.
Man I was really hoping for that Narrows remake that was shown in the Promethean video...oh well.
Wouldnt doubt that we see it at some point, map packs will come out and they'll all have one remakes in them. Standoff has to come first though
how the hell does anyone like vahalla? 
sick.gif
Serious? Vahalla was too dope, it had it all, great weapon placement, good for vehicles and on foot gameplay, great cover on the map, the list goes on. What was wrong with it? 

Hoping Guardian and The Pit makes it.

Was Narrows the one with the two cannons?

I'm going to go look at the gameplays posted now.

Yeah Narrows was that one, it was good when it first came out, then Bungie decided to make the spawns switch all the time and ruined it. I wasnt a huge fan of Guardian but a bunch of people loved it.

The Pit though
pimp.gif
. If you didnt like that map, then something is wrong with you.

Last edited:

Yeah Narrows was that one, it was good when it first came out, then Bungie decided to make the spawns switch all the time and ruined it. I wasnt a huge fan of Guardian but a bunch of people loved it.

The Pit though:pimp: . If you didnt like that map, then something is wrong with you.

I didn't like Valhalla or the one you like Standoff... Standoff is the one where you start out on one end at the beach and the other end is in the back part of the map with the Laser gun atop the highest point and the camo is in the little cave... I never really liked that map because if you spawned beach side you were at a disadvantage.

I loved Guardian for FFA and 4v4... controller sniper tower with a shotty or hammer... it's a wrap... only thing bad about Guardian I think there was only one BR spawn on the whole map if I'm not mistaken at the top of yellow lift room.

The Pit though:pimp: . If you didnt like that map, then something is wrong with you.

those maps are bringing back memories. It just makes it so much more clear how some of the maps in reach were just horrible. I literally only play sword base and uncaged on reach, everything else I just quit

Nah the map you just described was High Ground

This was Standoff. Two bases, each with Camo, shotty, a hog, power drain, and a laser in the middle. Laster control + hog was a win most of the time, and there was a ton of rocks that were good for cover and yet it was open enough where you could get angles on people to team BR. Best map ever
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

those maps are bringing back memories. It just makes it so much more clear how some of the maps in reach were just horrible. I literally only play sword base and uncaged on reach, everything else I just quit
If there was anything wrong with that game it was the maps, so many of them were so bad. Its ridiculous how they messed that part of the game up so badly.

Last edited:
Only remake..... for now.

Man I was really hoping for that Narrows remake that was shown in the Promethean video...oh well.
Wouldnt doubt that we see it at some point, map packs will come out and they'll all have one remakes in them. Standoff has to come first though
how the hell does anyone like vahalla? :x
Serious? Vahalla was too dope, it had it all, great weapon placement, good for vehicles and on foot gameplay, great cover on the map, the list goes on. What was wrong with it? 

its too big to play thats why :lol:

i only like it when someone drives me on the warthog and i just sit there shooting people.

like i said before, the maps better be awesome in halo 4, everything else doesnt even matter IMO if the maps arent good and fun then the games is pointless.

thats why reach sucked after awhile, the maps were terrible

WOW. HAVEN'T FOLLOWED HALO 4 IN A COUPLE MONTHS BUT JUST SAW GAMEPLAY ONLINE. LOOKS LIKE THEY GOT IT RIGHT THIS TIME.

I HAVEN'T ANTICIPATED A HALO GAME SINCE HALO 3. REACH AND WAS SO BAD.

LOOKING FORWARD TO HALO 4. GONNA GO RESERVE TODAY.

I AM EXCITE. :D

I thought Reach online was pretty fun. The campaign was awesome though, my next favorite other than CE.

Also, Halo 2's Lockout >>>>>>>>>>> any other map.

Last edited:
Starts 10/13... Halo 4 Xbox 360 Microsoft $44.99 ships free

starts 10/13...3am edt

put this code at checkout 

EMCYTZT2339

final price before taxes is $44.99 ships free

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6874103248

I'm going to do this and take my 5 dollar preorder back.

Just did it, no tax either. $45, cant beat that.
BLOOD GULCH IS THE BEST HALO MAP TO DATE.

LOCKOUT AND THE PIT ARE NOT FAR BEHIND.
Blood Gulch was wildly over rated. Standoff was better than it, it deserves to be in the top 10 though, same with The Pit.
I thought Reach online was pretty fun. The campaign was awesome though, my next favorite other than CE.

Also, Halo 2's Lockout >>>>>>>>>>> any other map.
Nah..... I for one hated Lockout, but you just had to play it so often that you learned to deal with it. The team that doesnt spawn BR tower is at such a disadvantage, its dumb

Last edited:
So did i read right, they are "not" going to have a 1-50 ranking system? please someone tell me im wrong :nerd:

So did i read right, they are "not" going to have a 1-50 ranking system? please someone tell me im wrong
nerd.gif
From what I know 1-50 is out and probably will never come back. Shame too ranked Halo was so much better and whatever they attempt to replace it with in this game wont measure up.

Halo 4 Playlist list.

Slayer Pro 4v4 Playlist.
- Damage unchanged
- Classic weapon drops, but implemented via Infinity drop pods
- NO radar
- 10-15% faster base movement speed, reloading, AND swapping
- No loadout customizations
- 3 loadouts: AR, BR, DMR
- NO AAs.
- Resupply perk for all
- 1 Frag. No plasmas from spawn

SWAT 4v4 Playlist
- DMR and BR loadouts
- BR bullets to body shot kill have been tuned to be balanced

Oddball
- They considered exploits all the way through
- It is not advantageous to throw the ball out of the map
- It's better to throw it to your teammate
- Personal points for catches, interceptions
- Points do not accumulate mid-flight during throws/catches
- Ball is an auto-grab

CTF
- Inspired by NBA, NHL, and NFL rule changes that made the games faster & more exciting, yet still competitive
- They looked at the game from top down and analyzed how the flag moves
- Goal was to keep the flags moving
- Flag doesn't need to be home to score
- Can't drop flag
- Flagnum is there and it does 20% more damage than regular Magnum
- They found that these changes brought a more solid experience, which leads them to believe that it leads to a good competitive experience
- "A lot less randomness"

Join in Progress
- Can join during a game's voting phase
- Games are fuller faster
- When someone quits in a 4v4 competitive playlist, that spot will be filled (with certain restrictions)
- No late joining

Matchmaking in General
- More focus on skill-based matchmaking
- Fewer playlists
- Each playlist will have 1 game mode

Custom Games
- More settings
- The amount of points required for personal ordnance can be tuned in Infinity Slayer gametypes
- You can tune the choices that you get from personal ordnance and change each option's weighting, eg. all overshields, 1/1000 chance of getting a certain combo, AAs, all magnums, etc.
- Classic weapon drop system is fully supported
- You can define which weapon can drop, when, and where. You can drop at exact times
- Many, many options for weapon drops (see vid for forge snippets)

Default MM
- Initial weapon drops
- Grenades are on resupply timers (respawn after 90 seconds of pickup)
- World ordnance uses random timer (fixed to 2 minutes -- tuned by map)
- "System is so flexible, you are able to use both systems simultaneously"
- Objective ordnance (like in Dominion)
- Each base in Dominion has a certain # of ordnance points assigned to it
- Whenever the base resupplies, it's going to drop a set of ordnance (you can tune what's in that ordnance)

Gametypes

Slayer
Regicide 
Capture The Flag
King of the Hill
Oddball
Dominion
Extraction (new one)
Flood
Grifball

Don't know how the new gametype works.

Gametypes missing from Reach/H3:

Assault
Headhunter
Invasion
Juggernaut
VIP
Race
Stockpile
Territories

No Bomb but theres Griffball
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Last edited:

starts 10/13...3am edt

EMCYTZT2339

when does it ship/arrive? $45 is a damn good price tempted to do it
The free shipping is for 3 day, but I'll deal with that for whats basically $18 off. Those 3 days will fly by like that, and with how much I play Halo it wont even matter.

warning

The whole game has leaked on the internet. spoilers are popping up right and left and videos are appearing on youtube.

Last edited:
no radar for slayer? 
mean.gif
Idk why they didnt make regular Slayer playlist as well. I have no problem with Slayer pro, on most maps I prefer to have no radar, but it really isnt for everyone and they should know that. People will complain and they'll add it though, no doubt about it.
warning 

The whole game has leaked on the internet. spoilers are popping up right and left and videos are appearing on youtube.
I heard and didnt even want to mention it. People over at the Waypoint and Bungie forums are crying about it nonstop. I know like 3 people who downloaded it and are playing it SMH. Trying to avoid it myself, Halos story has gotten meh to me, but I still wouldnt want it ruined.

Im still salty...sorry for venting but the ranking system is what made this game. Halo 2 and 3 online was perfect...it felt more of like an arcade style game and thats what everyone loved. Plus being level 50 was the ish :smokin:smokin:smokin

Im still salty...sorry for venting but the ranking system is what made this game. Halo 2 and 3 online was perfect...it felt more of like an arcade style game and thats what everyone loved. Plus being level 50 was the ish
smokin.gif
:smokin:smokin
I agree. Ranked Halo is always better than social. The gametypes are better, since rank is on the line people try way harder and dont BS as often, and ranking up was just rewarding, and then when they put playlist EXP on there for halo 3 and people wanted to play on their 50s and get playlist generals, that took it over the top for me, nothing but ranked games.

starts 10/13...3am edt

EMCYTZT2339

Blood Gulch was wildly over rated. Standoff was better than it, it deserves to be in the top 10 though, same with The Pit.

Nah..... I for one hated Lockout, but you just had to play it so often that you learned to deal with it. The team that doesnt spawn BR tower is at such a disadvantage, its dumb

lock out was the best. and the team that doesn't spawn br tower gets a sniper which balances it perfectly.

Im still salty...sorry for venting but the ranking system is what made this game. Halo 2 and 3 online was perfect...it felt more of like an arcade style game and thats what everyone loved. Plus being level 50 was the ish :smokin:smokin:smokin

yup, now win lose or draw nobody cares. also bring back the proximity hearing. talking trash was half the fun of the game in halo 2-3, now rooms are quiet and boring.

Back
Top Bottom