Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

Story mode looks like it will be great.... multiplayer looks like too much to get used to.

But as usual I placed my pre order. Like someone else said the simplicity is pretty much gone. I saw in a video preview of the oddball game type where dudes were passing the ball to each other.

CTF cats can use a gun in the other hand

Last edited:
Does the movement feel closer to Halo 3 or Reach?
Closer to 3. But its slight....it mostly feels like HALO ya know? i don't know how to describe it lol.
I know what you mean. There was Halo, and then there was Reach.
Story mode looks like it will be great.... multiplayer looks like too much to get used to.

But as usual I placed my pre order. Like someone else said the simplicity is pretty much gone. I saw in a video preview of the oddball game type where dudes were passing the ball to each other.

Cant drop the flag either. The Flagnum smh. I hate this term but those things are all the Casuals fault. The complaints about the way objective was played were never ending.

"Oh hes juggling the flag/bomb its not fair," "oh he threw the ball off the map its not far" "Oh no in objective the spawns are more predictable its not fair" I actually saw a post by a 343 developer that said it was never in your best interest to throw the oddball off the map and let it reset
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Yeah ok.... As much as I played Slayer I always preferred Objective and these changes are ruining it. I havent heard much about King of The Hill but I'm sure they found a way to mess with that too.

$12 off of Halo 4 through Newegg with code EMCJNJD242!

So $47 shipped
pimp.gif

However, you'll have to wait the 3 days for shipping.

I'M NOT SURE I SEE THE PROBELM.

YOU COULD DROP THE BALL AND LET A TEAMMATE PICK IT UP, ESSENTIALLY PASSING IT BEFORE IN PREVIOUS GAMES ALSO I WAS DAMN GOOD AT DROPPING AND FLAG AND USING THE BR SO I MIGHT AS WELL OF HAD A GUN IN MY HAND AT THE SAME TIME AS THE FLAG. NOT TO MENTION IT'S ONLY A PISTOL....

EITHER WAY, DOESN'T MATTER TO ME MUCH AT ALL SINCE I ALMOST NEVER PLAY OBJECTIVE GAMES. JUST STRAIGHT TEAM SLAYER. ALL DAY, EVERYDAY, BY MYSELF....

$12 off of Halo 4 through Newegg with code EMCJNJD242!

So $47 shipped :pimp:

However, you'll have to wait the 3 days for shipping.

MINE CAME OUT TO $45 SHIPPED :pimp:

HOPEFULLY THEY SHIP A DAY OR TWO BEFORE SO IT ARRIVES ON THE DAY OF OR THE NEXT DAY.

X-Clamp fixed my 360 earlier and played through 3 missions today. So far the game is really good. It has that mysterious feel to it that the story hasn't had since Halo 1. If you have any non-spoiler related questions, shoot. I'll try to answer them if I can.

What difficulty are you playing on?

How much of a challenge are the Promethean knights compared to an elite?

Are you still gonna buy a hard copy when it releases?

im hype for this, first time in years :x i honestly hope the multiplayer is amazing like the halo 3 days where i could have easily played 12+ hours with my boys.

too bad those days are long gone :frown:

What difficulty are you playing on?
How much of a challenge are the Promethean knights compared to an elite?
Are you still gonna buy a hard copy when it releases?
Playing on heroic. The Promethean Knights are a little bit harder to kill than elites, especially if they have that guard thing flying above them (they also attack you and can revive the knights). The different classes of elite make a pretty big difference in this game though. There are some who can survive being stuck with a plasma or multiple energy sword slashes, so I'd say compared to the highest class of elites, the Knights are just a bit tougher.

And yeah I'm gonna buy the game. Bought every Halo game to date even though I had burnt copies when they leaked (3, ODST, Reach). I've been a Halo Stan since the release of the Xbox. I'll never forget the first time I played it. Me and my dad on co-op looking for "the captain's keys" on the Pillar of Autumn for hours :lol: :lol:. I still have the original non-GOTY Halo 1 disk. My dad went out and bought it for me after hearing about it from his friend in work. I think his name was Shannon; that guy's responsible for countless hours/days/weeks/months of gaming in my teens :lol:.

:smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Played about an hour last night 1 v 1 with my homie split screen.... The "Mantis" the mech...is fun as hell!! its not super duper powerful so I imagine if its one guy in the mantis vs like 3 guys on the ground, they will be able to take him out after dying once or twice..

The BR and DMR seem to be pretty equal and balanced...like it doesnt matter which one you are using. And with the BR you can barely barely even tell it shoots 3 round bursts because its so damn fast.
That walking shield looks cool as it switches to 3rd person but it doesnt last terribly long at all (which I think will be good)

Basically I can't wait till Election Day so everyone will be on!!

NBA 2k13 (copped) and Halo 4 are the only games I will actually be buying this year and next probably.

Redbox ftw. I usually beat a game within like 3 or 4 days so $8 vs. $60 aint no joke.

I'M GETTING ANXIOUS.

THE MORE GAMEPLAY VIDEOS I WATCH THE BETTER THE GAME LOOKS AS THEY PUT THE FINAL TWEAKS.

SO GLAD THEY WEAKENED PROMETHEUS VISION. NOW IT LOOKS LIKE ALL THE ARMOR ABILITIES ARE BALANCED AND WILL TAKE A SERIOUS BACKSEAT TO JUST PLAIN GOOD GUNPLAY BUT ARE STILL A GOOD OPTION TO HAVE.

JUST WATCHING THE PROS PLAY, THE GAME SEEMS EERILY SIMILAR TO HALO 3 IN THE MECHANICS WHICH IS A GOOD THING :pimp:

I'M HEADING TO DALLAS ON NOVEMBER 4TH FOR THE MLG FINALS WITH A GROUP OF PLAYERS SO WE CAN COMPETE AND ALSO PLAY HALO 4

HAS ANYONE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS? I JUST WATCHED THE FIRST THREE EPISODES. THE FIRST TWO START OFF SLOW BUT MAN DOES IT AWAKEN IN EPISODE 3. SERIES LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE :pimp:

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY A FULL BLOWN MOVIE HAS NOT BEEN MADE :smh:

Last edited:
^ Just watched all 3, **** got real in the 3rd episode :lol: :pimp:. You know how many episodes in total there's gonna be?

I've played and beat all of the Halo's on Legendary, but damn the way you're describing the enemies :frown: looks like it will be tough... I like a challenge 8)

I can't wait to play, but I'm mostly interested to play with some of you guys on here.

I've always suffered from playing with randoms and doing good, but my crappy team makes me lose.

Looks like all the multiplayer maps they've shown are big maps.

In that video posted the last page it states the game comes shipped with 10 maps.

I hope they don't milk us like how they do with COD :smh: with the DLC.

How does sniping feel?

I mean I know you haven't played against anyone online so it's hard to say.

Also, do you have to lead your shots like you did in Halo 3 or is it more like Halo 2 in which where ever the crosshair reticule is that's what you hit?

Just finished the game. While the story was really good, I have to say the ending was kind of anti-climactic. Also, while some missions were pretty long, the game as a whole was kind of short, only 8 missions total :/. The scene after the credits wasn't really too much either.

About the ending: The Legendary ending could possibly be different than what I saw (I beat it on Heroic), but we'll have to wait for videos/reactions of that after the game releases, because I don't really feel like playing through the game again. Heroic was hard enough :lol:.

Last edited:
Just finished the game. While the story was really good, I have to say the ending was kind of anti-climactic. Also, while some missions were pretty long, the game as a whole was kind of short, only 8 missions total :/. The scene after the credits wasn't really too much either.

About the ending: The Legendary ending could possibly be different than what I saw (I beat it on Heroic), but we'll have to wait for videos/reactions of that after the game releases, because I don't really feel like playing through the game again. Heroic was hard enough :lol:.

BRO...

UPLOAD VIDEOS OF THE MULTIPLAYER!!!!!

BRO...
:lol: You can't play multiplayer on Live yet, you'll get banned so I can't take any videos of that. As for split screen, none of my real-life friends play Halo, they're all COD Stans so I can't upload that either. Besides, the game is 2 disks with multiplayer being on the 2nd, and I only downloaded the 1st :lol:.

Last edited:

About the ending: The Legendary ending could possibly be different than what I saw (I beat it on Heroic), but we'll have to wait for videos/reactions of that after the game releases, because I don't really feel like playing through the game again. Heroic was hard enough
laugh.gif
BRO...

A bunch of multiplayer vids and streams have been floating around, I've just held off on posting them because I didnt want to ruin it for anyone, I havent even watched them. Most of them have been pulled but the ones that I got that were still up were these two. A game from the #1 Euro MLG team and an Octagon game
I havent been following the live action stuff either I'd rather wait until they all are out and just watch it all at once.

I know a couple of people that are going to MLG Dallas too 

whoa... calm down there bro :lol:
i just clicked on thread and went directly to reply... didn't read anything... sorry if i wanted to give you guys something else halo-ish :smh:

whoa... calm down there bro :lol:
i just clicked on thread and went directly to reply... didn't read anything... sorry if i wanted to give you guys something else halo-ish :smh:

PEOPLE ALWAYS TAKE THINGS ON NT AS AN ATTACK.

YOU THIS UPTIGHT IN REAL LIFE? I WASN'T ATTACKING YOU.

I WAS JUST REFERRING YOU TO THE PREVIOUS POST, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS ANSWERING THE QUESTION YOU ASKED >D

Back
Top Bottom