Harvey Weinstein = Hollywood dumpster fire.

"friends for decades"

I dunno how you could be "friends" with a scum bag like that for decades and you knew what's going on. Unless you partake in the debauchery as well.

I get they all associate with one another in that industry just like any other industry, but "friend"?

some people just about their bread/minding their business....i get that too...

Quentin Tarantino admits he kept Harvey Weinstein’s secret
email-icon.svg

By Gabrielle Bluestone Oct 19, 2017
tarantino-weinstein.jpg

Unlike the scores of men in Hollywood expressing disbelief that Harvey Weinstein could have spent decades sexually harassing and assaulting the women around him, the director Quentin Tarantino says he knew — and did nothing.

“I knew enough to do more than I did,” Tarantino, who has been friends with Weinstein for decades, told the New York Times in an explosive interview published Thursday. “There was more to it than just the normal rumors, the normal gossip. It wasn’t secondhand. I knew he did a couple of these things.”

ADVERTISEMENT
He also called ******** on the dozens of male executives, filmmakers and writers — including Weinstein’s own brother, Bob — who said they were shocked by the revelations.

“Everyone who was close to Harvey had heard of at least one of those incidents,” he told the paper. “It was impossible they didn’t.”

(Bob, who Harvey reportedly believes played a role in exposing the scandal, claimed in a recent interview that, “No F-in’ way was I aware that that was the type of predator that he was.”)

Weinstein has been publicly accused of harassing or assaulting at least 40 women, and the Times reported earlier this month he had previously reached settlements with at least eight, including the actress Rose McGowan, who has since publicly stated that he raped her. (McGowan starred in a double-feature film, “Grindhouse,” directed by Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez in 2007.)

Tarantino told the Times he was aware of the McGowan settlement, and had also been informed of Weinstein’s behavior by Mira Sorvino, a former girlfriend who says the disgraced producer gave her an unwanted massage and tried repeatedly to pressure her into a sexual relationship.

“He started massaging my shoulders, which made me very uncomfortable, and then tried to get more physical, sort of chasing me around,” she told the New Yorker, adding that he later came to her apartment, bypassed the doorman and showed up at her front door — only leaving when she told him her boyfriend was on his way. She said she believed her career had suffered as a result.

When Sorvino initially told him what had happened, “I was shocked and appalled,” Tarantino told the Times. “I couldn’t believe he would do that so openly. I was like: ‘Really? Really?’ But the thing I thought then, at the time, was that he was particularly hung up on Mira… Because he was infatuated with her, he horribly crossed the line.”

He told the Times he assumed the harassment would stop once he started dating Sorvino, saying he thought at the time, “I’m with her, he knows that, he won’t mess with her, he knows that she’s my girlfriend.”

Tarantino also disclosed that he knew of “several episodes” involving another unnamed but “prominent” actress, and told the Times he was sorry he didn’t act sooner.

“I wish I had taken responsibility for what I heard,” he added. “If I had done the work I should have done then, I would have had to not work with him.”

It’s the first time Tarantino — whose career was essentially launched and molded by Weinstein — has publicly acknowledged what he knew and when. Last week, he claimed he had been “stunned and heartbroken about the revelations that have come to light about my friend for 25 years” and asked for “a few more days to process my pain, emotions, anger and memory,” before commenting further.

He now says he knew, but not to the extent that’s been revealed in the two weeks since the story broke.

“What I did was marginalize the incidents,” he told the Times. “Anything I say now will sound like a crappy excuse.”

Cover: Director Quentin Tarantino, left, and Harvey Weinstein pose together at the after party for the premiere of “Grindhouse” in Los Angeles, on Monday, March 26, 2007. (AP Photo/Matt Sayles)

https://news.vice.com/story/quentin-tarantino-admits-he-kept-harvey-weinsteins-secret-2

quentin-tarantino-admits-he-kept-harvey-weinsteins-secret-2

A+ to his Pr team. Thats exactly how I would of spun this. Say that I was a oblivous piece of sh*t. very good pr team.

Her not speaking up and going along with it is probably the same way I am accused of "defending" NFL players that are barely holding on that refuse to take a social justice stance.

I get it, I guess.
Pathetic to come in here, try to compare your bull **** to her experience just to continue tk play the victim due to feeling some type of way in another thread.

:lol:
"friends for decades"

I dunno how you could be "friends" with a scum bag like that for decades and you knew what's going on. Unless you partake in the debauchery as well.

I get they all associate with one another in that industry just like any other industry, but "friend"?
Its Hollywood, "friend" doesn't mean the same thing :lol:

Last edited:
To give an example, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are/were real friends. Grew up together and came in to the industry together.

Brad Pitt and George Clooney are Hollywood friends (over the span of a trilogy of movies).

Difference with QT and Harvey is they just kept working together and in a much different capacity as director and producer. Most of a producer's job, especially big ones, is being on the phone constantly and brokering deals while breaking bread at restaurants and hotels.

What did I just read?

At no point in reading all of that did I even get a hint at these alleged sexually inappropriate things Louis has done. I don't even know if they were done to men or women.

I was beginning to think it was some sort of Onion type joke that would pay off at the end. Some weird red carpet questioning, using Cosby as a lead in to Louis was so obvious. Then the parts where all her friends supported her to a point and they all heard of the Louis rumors but not once detailing them.

Then it just ends.

Its funny cuz I watched the trailer first and I was reminded Louis is a Woody Allen fan and has been in a Woody movie. But I'm also thinking Louis is such a depreciating neurotic kind of guy its crazy to think he has the balls to sexually harass anyone :lol:

After some googling, apparently Louis is also rumored to be fapping in front of women and not letting them leave the room until he finished :lol: :sick:

Last edited:

Yeah I saw that vice article posted on Twitter this morning. I opened the link hoping to read something about the rumors, and it turned out to be a pity piece. The woman that wrote it gave no sources or examples she didn't even get the info from someone that was sexual assaulted. She heard a rumor about Louis, decided to ask his comic friends at an event about it, then cried about getting kicked out for asking question like that.
Louis is known as a great comic, but does he have any power in the business? He doesn't seem like the type of dude that could get away with fapping in front of women. If it's true then he is a piece of **** though.

In a court of law, can all these assistants be considered accomplices? Seems like they were throwing these women into the Lions den time and time again.

What did I just read?

At no point in reading all of that did I even get a hint at these alleged sexually inappropriate things Louis has done. I don't even know if they were done to men or women.

I was beginning to think it was some sort of Onion type joke that would pay off at the end. Some weird red carpet questioning, using Cosby as a lead in to Louis was so obvious. Then the parts where all her friends supported her to a point and they all heard of the Louis rumors but not once detailing them.

Then it just ends.

Its funny cuz I watched the trailer first and I was reminded Louis is a Woody Allen fan and has been in a Woody movie. But I'm also thinking Louis is such a depreciating neurotic kind of guy its crazy to think he has the balls to sexually harass anyone :lol:

After some googling, apparently Louis is also rumored to be fapping in front of women and not letting them leave the room until he finished :lol: :sick:
The Hollywood - Subway connection :smh:

The stories I've heard was that he's tried to masturbate in front of a few female comics.

I'm not so sure I'm willing to just cast those accusations aside.

I didn't read that article, but I don't think that a biased piece should make us think he's innocent of the accusations. I love Louie, but son is definitely capable of very creepy ****. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Pretty hilarious how Entourage nailed him with the Harvey character. I had no idea who Weinstein was but when I saw him and read the stories I immediately knew how the Harvey character in Entourage was inspired :lol:

entourage_s4e4.jpg

The stories I've heard was that he's tried to masturbate in front of a few female comics.

I'm not so sure I'm willing to just cast those accusations aside.

I didn't read that article, but I don't think that a biased piece should make us think he's innocent of the accusations. I love Louie, but son is definitely capable of very creepy ****. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
I wasnt dismissing any accusations, just that piece and writer.

I still haven't heard any accusations other than the same ones you just brought up and it was first time hearing about it. Piece made it sound like he was on some full blown Weinstein **** or worse. I agree he's capable of super creepy ****

Who were the female comics? :nerd:

Last edited:
Ain't no doubt in my mind that some of if not all of this is true. All the women speaking up, former child stars, male actors. Everybody ain't lying. It's been known that hollywood is a weird *** place.

"friends for decades"

Money and power.

"And that was the last of my personal encounters with Harvey Weinstein. I share all of this now because I know now what I did not know then. I was part of a growing community of women who were secretly dealing with harassment by Harvey Weinstein. But I also did not know that there was a world in which anybody would care about my experience with him. You see, I was entering into a community that Harvey Weinstein had been in, and even shaped, long before I got there. He was one of the first people I met in the industry, and he told me, “This is the way it is.” And wherever I looked, everyone seemed to be bracing themselves and dealing with him, unchallenged. I did not know that things could change. I did not know that anybody wanted things to change. So my survival plan was to avoid Harvey and men like him at all costs, and I did not know that I had allies in this."

This is why it's funny to me when people say "they waited to long to speak" or **** like that. This dude can make or break peoples career. He's been protected by the culture in Hollywood, this is what they do.

yea they all know whats going on and most of the actors and actresses choose to stay quiet to keep their careers going. its ridiculous and these celebrities shouldnt be worshipped like gods. they all scumbags

treatment as in what? did it have to do with anything near the vagina? come on now at what year do you realize this not right? she went along with it for years why??

when i played football if some doctor told me he was giving me treatment im beating guys *** the minute he lay a finger on my **** and tell everyone i know and getting his sick *** fired. not sure whats up with some of these people these days

Sexual victimization is a strange phenomenon when it comes to how victims respond. You can find females (or males) EVERYWHERE who were abused for years by teachers, uncles, priests, doctors. They all say pretty much the same thing.

"I thought it was my fault."
"I didn't think anyone would believe me."
"I was afraid for my life."

But strangely enough, not telling anyone for years is a surprisingly "normal" response.

The human brain will also allow a victim to repress a traumatic memory or memories for years until it' triggered later on.

Watch The Keepers and it will give you an idea.

08ce9f7252ca0e0ea6f138ae67d6920869c5628a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom