Harvey Weinstein = Hollywood dumpster fire.

Ian McKellen Talks Impact Of “Wrongful” Sexual Harassment Accusations, Claims Some Actresses Exchanged Sex For Roles

ian-mckellen.jpg

http://deadline.com/2017/12/ian-mckellan-sexual-harassment-women-kevin-spacey-1202229600/

Academy Award-nominated actor and advocate for equality Sir Ian McKellen recently addressed the numerous sexual harassment allegations running rampant through the industry saying that wrongful accusations can definitely have an impact. He also pointed out how earlier in his career, many women would have sex for roles.

During a talk at Oxford Union, according to the Daily Mail, McKellen applauded victims for coming forward about sexual harassment saying “it’s sometimes very difficult for victims to do that.” He added, “‘I hope we’re going through a period that will help to eradicate it altogether.”

He then went on to share his own experiences during the early ’60s. “The director of the theatre I was working at showed me some photographs he got from women who were wanting jobs,” he said. “Some of them had at the bottom of their photograph ‘DRR’ — directors’ rights respected. In other words, if you give me a job, you can have sex with me.” He pointed out how that was commonplace and said it was “madness.”

Although supportive of the victims, he went on to talk about being cautious about the accusations flooding Hollywood as of late. “‘I assume nothing but good will come out of these revelations, even though some people get wrongly accused — there’s that side of it as well,” he said.

As an openly gay man, McKellen also addressed the allegations surrounding Kevin Spacey, who he worked with in 2004 while he was the artistic director at the Old Vic in London saying that the way he chose to come out was “reprehensible because it linked alleged underage sex with a declaration of sexuality.”

Gandalf is spot on with this assessment. There are two sides to every story and due diligence is necessary.

Things are getting out of hand when you have people having consensual affairs claiming abuse, etc..

https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/matt-lauer-accuser-1.15511427

I posted about this last week. “Abuse of power”? Such bs. She forgot to admit that him being the star of the network and having a lot of influence is why she was attracted to him and had an affair with him. Everything they did was consensual but she still makes herself a victim somehow.

these guys going to have to draft up a contract before hooking up with any of these ladies

these guys going to have to draft up a contract before hooking up with any of these ladies

its a two step verification process

consent and nondisclosure

Yep yep... I remember Jordan talking about it when Tiger woods was caught up.

Any female has to sign some sort of agreement and that's why that piece of turd Jordan has and will never get caught up.

I remember hearing JJ Redick would make girls sign NDA's before engaging in any activity with any girl. (Before he got married).

I know DeRay says he records EVERYTHING. Said a girl tried to claim he raped her, but he showed her the video and she started copping pleas

I remember hearing JJ Redick would make girls sign NDA's before engaging in any activity with any girl. (Before he got married).

I know DeRay says he records EVERYTHING. Said a girl tried to claim he raped her, but he showed her the video and she started copping pleas
You gotta protect yourself if you're an honest man but w/ a nice position in life. Now not every guy is honest...there's some that do abuse it to sexually harass women.

Opportunist on both sides.

I work in healthcare and I don't **** with any women in my department. It's just a rule I abide by because I don't got time for some **** **** lol

So basically it's cool for women "to use what they got to get what they want" (you betta think) just be careful offering your company and never ever whip it out unless the ink is dry on the contract.

Back
Top Bottom