Has anyone noticed that on the show the first 48 every suspect is black or latino

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

i've seen one...but he was in a Mexican gang.

laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway, that's what the "typical" criminal in America looks like(Black (mainly) or Latino) so maybe they're trying to be authentic?[/color]

Originally Posted by Conrad Onasis513

I watched it all day sunday and every suspect was black

So what? You didn't watch every single episode that has been aired.
laugh.gif

They go to a select number of cities.

Ive seen quite a few episodes with white suspects.

I can probaly count on one hand the number of episodes where the suspect wasnt black or latino. What i find more disturbing than that is the amount of very"young" men of color (16-25) who throw their lives away episode after episode. I used to watch the show faithfully, but lately its just been verydepressing to see loss of life on both sides of the fence and all the pain and tormoil that the families are left to deal with.

Originally Posted by alejanz28

I can probaly count on one hand the number of episodes where the suspect wasnt black or latino. What i find more disturbing than that is the amount of very "young" men of color (16-25) who throw their lives away episode after episode. I use to watch the show faithfully, but lately its just been very depressing to see loss of life on both sides of the fence.

I totally agree. I've cried several times watching for bother the victims and the suspects. We need some real teachers/mentors/role models out here.

ive been noticed that. alot teenagers lives ended on that show, i feel even worse for the mothers

You Know " The Man " Owns What you watch ?...my tv is off all the time unless its for adult swim before going to bed

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

They go to a select number of cities.

Ive seen quite a few episodes with white suspects.

This basically is the reason why.

I've seen white suspects on the show, very few, though.

Thanks to our war on drugs, we will have a disproportionately large number of young black and Latino men being incarcerated. This sad fact happens for tworeasons, one is because they get arrested for possession or selling and while whites consume drugs just as willingly, to buy, sell and consume drugs, whitestends to have the means to not be caught and if caught, they can usually buy better legal representation. Second, an even more tragically, the drug war isgoing to draw the elements of the lower income, black and Latino communities into the business of not just selling drugs but protecting monopolies and cartelsby force.

No racial group are genetically predisposed to violent crime (probably because most research into genetics shows that there really are no distinct racialgroups in the first place) but among whites, those who are very much prone to violent will probably act violently and those who are peaceful will actpeacefully. Most of us are probably on a bell curve with very few truly and extremely violent or extremely peaceful people. What the drug war does, is that itallows monopolies to be created by those with a comparative advantage for violence. With out these sets of incentives, many people who are in say in the 90thto 99th percentile in terms of being violent by nature by go througgh life without committin gany serious crime. With this incentive to make money myestablishin ga black market monopoly through force, that 90th or 85th percentile or so has employment or sorts and that is why we see so many blacks andLatinos commit a much larger share of violent crimes than whites.

Combine this with the fact that whites and non whites commit non violent drug crimes but non whites are caught and convicted more frequently and you get acountry whose incarceration of blacks was ten time greater, per capita, than was apartheid era South Africa.

With all of the ruin created by the so called war on drugs, it really is strange why so few people with a voice in the public sphere rarely discuss this and ifthey do they rarely talk about excising this cancer upon our society. At best , we may get a few liberals, who call themselves "progressive," orconservatives, who rail against "big government," sheepishly hinting at reforming and making an abhorrent national mistake into a merely horrendousnational mistake.

I am from South Florida and went to school in Tennessee. It is really that bad.

Between Carol City, Liberty City, Little Havana, and the surrounding areas in Miami it is just that bad.

But they are mainly Black and Latino becuase our youth does do that stupid stuff.

The average white kid in that area has more opportunity than the Black or Hispanic kids.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

I am from South Florida and went to school in Tennessee. It is really that bad.

Between Carol City, Liberty City, Little Havana, and the surrounding areas in Miami it is just that bad.

But they are mainly Black and Latino becuase our youth does do that stupid stuff.

The average white kid in that area has more opportunity than the Black or Hispanic kids.

smokin.gif

Just don't be with the wrong people ..then you coooooooool

Back
Top Bottom