Has Derrick Rose lost YOUR respect? SRS

And if you honestly believe that Rose is NOT playing because of his health then have a talk w/ his brother and I'm sure your minds would change on how this entire process has been handled :lol:

youve been talkin to reggie?

you got access to reggie? :nerd:

:rolleyes

No, but I have a buddy who's in the know and has called everything up to this point. Derrick doesn't control Derrick, everyone around Derrick controls Derrick.

And if you honestly believe that Rose is NOT playing because of his health then have a talk w/ his brother and I'm sure your minds would change on how this entire process has been handled :lol:

No, but I have a buddy who's in the know and has called everything up to this point. Derrick doesn't control Derrick, everyone around Derrick controls Derrick.

ok

"Professional's post was spot on

"Last year, Rose played with turf toe, back spasms, plantar fasciitis, all of which in my opinion led to the ACL tear, which most likely was due to over compensation, why should Derrick Rose risk coming back if he does not feel one hundred percent?"

Ok but you're tellin us to talk to Reggie in order to change our minds ... apparently you haven't had a word with Reggie either so how would you know how this process has been handled? :nerd:

Oh, yea, that's right, you're buddy is in the know :rolleyes

I don't want to hear one negative thing about jay cutler ever again

I wish I could give this like a thousand reps :lol:

I like how people are talking lime Rose is some high performance sports car that needs special care and maintenance or else it will spin out of control and crash or something. Yea, he's an explosive guy but he's still a human being just like any other NBA player coming off an injury. Kobe couldn't even get enough lift to dunk in a game at the start of the season a few years back, and he managed to adjust his game until his knee improved and he got his legs back. Why can't Rose do the same?

The other excuse that "nobody else has to shoulder so much of the load, its Rose alone that keeps them afloat and does everything. He can't do that unless he's 100% " looks pretty damn stupid now that this Bulls team, even further depleted, made it to the second round and is a game up on the Heat. Especially since Reggie made those comments about the team not being committed to surrounding him with he necessary supporting cast to be a contender.

It seems to me like he's scared that since he's not in his peak physical shape yet (even though the knees healthy)is that he won't be as effective and if he comes back and doesn't do that well he'll be failing/letting everyone down. Its natural to feel that way, but even if he's at 80% he's still quick/athletic enough to make an impact. Hell, Mike Miller could barely get up and down the court in the finals last year and yet he hit a ton of huge 3's that helped the heat put the game away. Rose doesn't have to come back and immediately be the focal point of the offense, he can do what Arenas did when he was coming off his injury and just try and be a spark off the bench.

I don't want to hear one negative thing about jay cutler ever again

I wish I could give this like a thousand reps :lol:

I like how people are talking lime Rose is some high performance sports car that needs special care and maintenance or else it will spin out of control and crash or something. Yea, he's an explosive guy but he's still a human being just like any other NBA player coming off an injury. Kobe couldn't even get enough lift to dunk in a game at the start of the season a few years back, and he managed to adjust his game until his knee improved and he got his legs back. Why can't Rose do the same?

The other excuse that "nobody else has to shoulder so much of the load, its Rose alone that keeps them afloat and does everything. He can't do that unless he's 100% " looks pretty damn stupid now that this Bulls team, even further depleted, made it to the second round and is a game up on the Heat. Especially since Reggie made those comments about the team not being committed to surrounding him with he necessary supporting cast to be a contender.

It seems to me like he's scared that since he's not in his peak physical shape yet (even though the knees healthy)is that he won't be as effective and if he comes back and doesn't do that well he'll be failing/letting everyone down. Its natural to feel that way, but even if he's at 80% he's still quick/athletic enough to make an impact. Hell, Mike Miller could barely get up and down the court in the finals last year and yet he hit a ton of huge 3's that helped the heat put the game away. Rose doesn't have to come back and immediately be the focal point of the offense, he can do what Arenas did when he was coming off his injury and just try and be a spark off the bench.

Ultimately I don't respect him any less as a person cus what he's feeling is natural. But its hard to put him in that same category as an MJ or Kobe etc from a competitive/will to win standpoint. What if MJ had decided he didn't wanna play cus he couldn't be at his best when he had the flu? What if Kirk Gibson hadn't decided to give it a shot in the 88 world series? He could barely even walk and didn't even play in the rest of the series, but that home run won them the game and lives on forever. By his own account, Rose isn't still in pain and docs say the knee is healthy, he's not in an RG3 like situation. So given all that its hard to look at him as being a legendary competitor when he is sitting out cus he's just not mentally ready to come back yet.

Last edited:

Ok but you're tellin us to talk to Reggie in order to change our minds ... apparently you haven't had a word with Reggie either so how would you know how this process has been handled? :nerd:

Oh, yea, that's right, you're buddy is in the know :rolleyes

:lol:

All people want to hear is if he's playing or not. That's all. People know that he is the franchise player and even if he says i'm sitting out for 2 years to fully recover and didn't want to risk further injuries then IMO .. it wouldn't even matter.

if you take away the lebron james, that team is not built to be a top 4 seed. so his point isnt valid, the bulls with deng healthy and kirk is still the second best team in the east, at least from a defensive
standpoint, this derrick rose stuff is really getting messy and it's showing a part of his character i dont like, i know basketball is all to the kid, but he's from englewood for christ sake, just say im not playing this year and let this waste of a story go away ,its taking away from the magic that the team and tib is doing this year. People under estimate Noah leadership also, the kidd won back to back national championship for christ sake, give him that Respect he doesnt earn he takes it.

Pooh looking more selfish then kobe tweeting right about now.

All I want to hear is if Jordan is coming back.

I mean, he keeps hinting, but never really saying anything, and it's been almost ten years. All he does is release shoes, run his team, and then speak at camps! The league needs him more than ever, and I think that he is a punk, for not coming back and entertaining the fans.

Did I get it right?

:stoneface:

I mean, he keeps hinting, but never really saying anything, and it's been almost ten years. All he does is release shoes, run his team, and then speak at camps! The league needs him more than ever, and I think that he is a punk, for not coming back and entertaining the fans.

Did I get it right?
indifferent.gif

Did I get it right?
indifferent.gif

Three stone faces in a row. That banishment level, especially within your first 30 posts.

Did I get it right?

Not even close.

Did I get it right?

#smartdumbninja

[quote name="Professional"]All I want to hear is if Jordan is coming back.

Did I get it right?[/quote]No. He's not physically able to keep up.

Last edited:
Living in IL, whenever I eventually go to a Bulls game, what I'm paying for w/ my ticket is the ability to see premier athletes perform.

You know, Marco and Kirk. :lol: That's why I bought my ticket.

With all due respect to Kobe Bryant, this year he tried to do the exact same thing, then tore his achilles tendon.

What does that tell you?

There's literally no proof that Kobe playing heavy minutes had anything to do with his Achilles injury. The only people you hear giving that opinion are sports journalists/ the general public, not doctors. Gary Vitti said there was no proof that the two were related. In general playing heavy minutes like he was would wear you down and make you more prone to hurting yourself, but the Achilles injury wasn't proof of that. Many guys who've ruptured their Achilles do it while running normally downfield or planting to throw a pass.

Kobe had also tweaked both ankles and hyperextended his knee in that game prior to the Achilles injury. As far as we know Rose hasn't had any injuries or discomfort in his full practices with the team, he's just not mentally ready to play in games.

"There's literally no proof that Kobe playing heavy minutes had anything to do with his Achilles injury. The only people you hear giving that opinion are sports journalists/ the general public, not doctors. Gary Vitti said there was no proof that the two were related. In general playing heavy minutes like he was would wear you down and make you more prone to hurting yourself, but the Achilles injury wasn't proof of that. Many guys who've ruptured their Achilles do it while running normally downfield or planting to throw a pass."

Debatable. A torn achilles can occur when the calf muscle tightens due to fatigue or overuse.

Dudes rusty... I think his purpose it to not get in the way. With the way the Bulls are running lately, he's the type of person to not wanna jump in and all of a sudden become a focal point in their game.

Although it would seem reasonable to bring him in for a possible elimination game. Y the **** not.

Thought you were referring to his heavy minutes not his bone spurs. Either way what does that have to do with Rose; he wouldn't be playing through an injury or dealing with bone spurs. My point was that he can make slight adjustments/ play fewer mins and still be effective.

If he's still not in playing shape then yes, by all means he is more susceptible to injury and won't be as effective. But that doesn't appear to be the case so I'm not too sure what point you're trying to make.

Thought you were referring to his heavy minutes not his bone spurs. Either way what does that have to do with Rose; he wouldn't be playing through an injury or dealing with bone spurs. My point was that he can make slight adjustments/ play fewer mins and still be effective.

If he's still not in playing shape then yes, by all means he is more susceptible to injury and won't be as effective. But that doesn't appear to be the case so I'm not too sure what point you're trying to make.

I'm sorry, but where did I mention anything about heavy minutes
What the individual also does not understand, is that Kobe Bryant was also playing with bone spurs, which causes inflammation, edema, due to overuse. Also, and I do not know this about Mr. Bryant, but when a player is playing with bone spurs, heel spurs, they must make an adjustment to the shoe that he is wearing, in order to limit further damage to the soft tissue at the heel, shifting the balance from his heel, toward his forefoot. That said, I am certain that there was some over compensation by Bryant as he became fatigued, especially after tweaking his knee during the game in which the tendon was torn.

Derrick Rose would be very smart to avoid this sort of fate.

Rose's legs are probably closer to 100% right now then Kobe's have been since 2010. He had messed up knees during the 2010 playoffs and had to get cortizone shots. If he does not play through that he would have never gotten his 5th ring.

Back
Top Bottom