Has Derrick Rose lost YOUR respect? SRS

The gif of that is straight sick but my phone wouldn't upload it......

It's almost like they weren't hurt on same day ...

Thought you were referring to his heavy minutes not his bone spurs. Either way what does that have to do with Rose; he wouldn't be playing through an injury or dealing with bone spurs. My point was that he can make slight adjustments/ play fewer mins and still be effective.

If he's still not in playing shape then yes, by all means he is more susceptible to injury and won't be as effective. But that doesn't appear to be the case so I'm not too sure what point you're trying to make.
Tell us, how do you know what Rose is currently dealing with? If you have some inside info, please, explain. 
Rose's legs are probably closer to 100% right now then Kobe's have been since 2010. He had messed up knees during the 2010 playoffs and had to get cortizone shots. If he does not play through that he would have never gotten his 5th ring.
You as well, please tell us what mathematical equations you are using, in order to render this percentage.

You guys must be geniuses.

+1

:lol:

Tell us, how do you know what Rose is currently dealing with? If you have some inside info, please, explain. 

I'm going off of what he has said publicly. If he was experiencing any of those residual issues I'd expect him or the doctors to say so so that he doesn't continue to look bad.

I will not lose respect for another man because he wants to perform at his highest ability and nothing else.

You're mad about his adidas commercials. Blame Adidas.

You're mad you bought tickets and he didn't play. Watch boxing or MMA. This is a team sport, you bought Bulls tickets, whether you like it or not.

I still get nervous when guys get near my knee on the ground or when I tweak it and I tore my MCL in 2002 and didn't even require surgery. This guy probably literally sees his entire career in his mind everyday, I don't know why he's not coming back... but lose my respect?

Come on, G. You guys ask some of the craziest questions.

I will not lose respect for another man because he wants to perform at his highest ability and nothing else.

You're mad about his adidas commercials. Blame Adidas.

You're mad you bought tickets and he didn't play. Watch boxing or MMA. This is a team sport, you bought Bulls tickets, whether you like it or not.

I still get nervous when guys get near my knee on the ground or when I tweak it and I tore my MCL in 2002 and didn't even require surgery. This guy probably literally sees his entire career in his mind everyday, I don't know why he's not coming back... but lose my respect?

Come on, G. You guys ask some of the craziest questions.
Exactly !!! Couldn't have said it any better myself .

You as well, please tell us what mathematical equations you are using, in order to render this percentage.

Kobe has not had that type of explosiveness or leaping ability since like 2009. There is no need for mathematical equations for that.

That said, I am certain that there was some over compensation by Bryant as he became fatigued, especially after tweaking his knee during the game in which the tendon was torn.

I would love to see what mathematical equations led you to conclude that Kobe was over compensating. You are assuming a lot of stuff here as well yet you pretend not to and call out others that do.

Visual evidence of Rose dunking> your assumptions

or did Kobe tell you that he had an adjustment on his shoe or that he was over compensating or that he was too fatigued?

Also, and I do not know this about Mr. Bryant

oh

I think Rose is trolling all of us.

He's going to come back game 3 after the Bulls win game 2. It's going to be a nail in coffin for the fraud Heat.

I'm confused, first they said he's definitely out for the playoffs now they're saying he could possibly suit up Game 3 :rolleyes :smh:

when he comes back , he comes back...... i would hate for him to come back to please non fans of his/bulls and gets injured again.....

I want to see him back when he's good and ready

As I approach the end of rehab for my 2nd ACL tear, I do have a bit of perspective here. 

I tore my ACL playing ball, rehabbed, came back, had a collision with a team mate and did it again. 

I would image with Rose now it's almost all mental than physical. I'm scared of returning to basketball, I'm seriously considering not playing competitively again. Just a simple thing as jumping in the air for a rebound, turning mid air and landing makes me shudder as it was something like this which caused my knee to tear in the first place. I'm not an explosive player, nor do I play at a highly competitive level but I'm scared to return. 

Look at how Rose injured his knee. He wasn't jumping high in the air and got taken out, it was a nothing play that has sidelined him for a year. 

So much of his game is driving and being explosive that he is probably terrified about reinjuring himself. If you come back not feeling 100% right your body will play differently, you will run and land differently as your body is trying to protect your knee and this makes you even more vulnerable for reinjury. 

If Derrick is not 100% confident in his mind, I wouldn't risk it. 

Last edited:
I see what you are trying to do, you are trying to turn this into a Kobe versus Rose argument, when I've specifically stated how the body breaks down after injury, which is a medical fact.

My comments are about the athletes and their injuries, not them as players, which is what you are trying to compare.

Explosiveness.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about. Overcompensation happens, and it happens to all athletes when they are injured, even Kobe Bryant. It's natural for the human body to do as such, as this is how the body helps itself to continue functioning. If your left leg is hurt, your right leg will carry more of the burden. This is not an assumption, unlike your comparative theory on explosiveness. The key for every athlete to remain healthy, is to be properly conditioned, and then for his musculature to remain in proper balance, so that he can maintain proper athletic posture. After injury, this is just about impossible, the body will support itself through overcompensation, as that is what it is supposed to do. This is when the trainers add devices such as Dwight Howard's fitted tee, which helped his shoulders remain neutral in order to keep them in their strongest position, then preventing further injury.  Remaining in his form of neutral, and I say that HIS form of neutral because everyone's neutral alignment is different due to skeletal differences, kept him on the court for the remainder of his season.

I understand that you may not have studied this, quite obviously not having any background while suggesting explosiveness, but showing us someone dunking in practice, especially while they are alone, really isn't a good comparative measure between athletes.

It's a rough go attempting to discuss this sort of topic with fans, and that is because your heart gets in the way of your brain.

:lol: You are implying that Kobe might have injured himself due to his injuries/fatigue and that he was possibly overcompensating for it. IT MIGHT be due to that or it might not. A few Doctors and Gary Vitti said that the previous injuries may not have had anything to do with his achilles injury. They mentioned that it is possible for that type of injury to be a freak injury. BOTH scenarios are possible. However, you are implying that only your scenario is possible and implying that people targuing against you are idiots.

Kobe's previous injuries may be completely unrelated to his achilles injury yet you are implying that it would be wise for Rose to not come back or the same thing might happen to him. The same thing being what? A freak injury? an injury that possibly had nothing to do with overcompensation? Which is what I mean when I said that you are assuming. You do not have to go into a detailed explanation about what that is. I've played sports so I know what it is. I did not mean that you assumed that players can overcompensate. I meant that you are assuming that kobe overcompensated and that might have led to his injury. If Kobe's injury was a freak injury then the comparison is usless and the advice is useless. Nobody knows what led to his injury. You can speculate but you don't know. You may have studied this stuff and may be a surgeon but you don't know what caused Kobe's injury.

The video I posted shows that post injury Derrick Rose is jumping as well or even better than current Kobe. Kobe did not show that type of vert even on his dunk against Josh Smith this year. Post injury Rose is still more athletic than current Kobe. Yeah, I may be talking out of my *** with the percentages but that does not mean that it is not clear that post injury Rose already has better knees than current Kobe.

A poster said:

Kobe couldn't even get enough lift to dunk in a game at the start of the season a few years back, and he managed to adjust his game until his knee improved and he got his legs back.

and you replied with

With all due respect to Kobe Bryant, this year he tried to do the exact same thing, then tore his achilles tendon.

What does that tell you?

How did Kobe tried to do the exact same thing this season? First of all, his knees were not injured this season.

This scenario actually does not help your argument very much. Kobe had knee surgery then overcompensated until he got them strong enough to dunk. Was he injured because of coming back prematurely? No. So why would you imply that Rose might also get injured? Rose's knee was repaired as was Kobe's.

This year Kobe's ankle WAS NOT healed or repaired after he was injured. That is completely different than playing AFTER having surgery. Under the latter scenario Kobe was able to play and not get injured. That is more comparable to what Rose is going through now. He is not going to be playing on an injured knee that needs surgical repair.

Last edited:
:lol: You are implying that Kobe might have injured himself due to his injuries/fatigue and that he was possibly overcompensating for it. IT MIGHT be due to that or it might not. A few Doctors and Gary Vitti said that the previous injuries may not have had anything to do with his achilles injury. They mentioned that it is possible for that type of injury to be a freak injury. BOTH scenarios are possible. However, you are implying that only your scenario is possible and implying that people targuing against you are idiots.

Kobe's previous injuries may be completely unrelated to his achilles injury yet you are implying that it would be wise for Rose to not come back or the same thing might happen to him. The same thing being what? A freak injury? an injury that possibly had nothing to do with overcompensation? Which is what I mean when I said that you are assuming. You do not have to go into a detailed explanation about what that is. I've played sports so I know what it is. I did not mean that you assumed that players can overcompensate. I meant that you are assuming that kobe overcompensated and that might have led to his injury. If Kobe's injury was a freak injury then the comparison is usless and the advice is useless. Nobody knows what led to his injury. You can speculate but you don't know. You may have studied this stuff and may be a surgeon but you don't know what caused Kobe's injury.

The video I posted shows that post injury Derrick Rose is jumping as well or even better than current Kobe. Kobe did not show that type of vert even on his dunk against Josh Smith this year. Post injury Rose is still more athletic than current Kobe. Yeah, I may be talking out of my *** with the percentages but that does not mean that it is not clear that post injury Rose already has better knees than current Kobe.

A poster said:
and you replied with
How did Kobe tried to do the exact same thing this season? First of all, his knees were not injured this season.

This scenario actually does not help your argument very much. Kobe had knee surgery then overcompensated until he got them strong enough to dunk. Was he injured because of coming back prematurely? No. So why would you imply that Rose might also get injured? Rose's knee was repaired as was Kobe's.

This year Kobe's ankle WAS NOT healed or repaired after he was injured. That is completely different than playing AFTER having surgery. Under the latter scenario Kobe was able to play and not get injured. That is more comparable to what Rose is going through now. He is not going to be playing on an injured knee that needs surgical repair.

tl;dr

but just saw this directed to you in another thread:

Originally Posted by Al3xis

You're really taking this Kobe downfall harder than I thought you would. Keep your chin up, right on Kobe's nutsack.

:rofl:

Last edited:
Derrick Rose and the Bulls' history of letting players break themselves

At its very core, the Derrick Rose saga comes down to this: doctors and Chicago Bulls officials have told him that playing at this point does not carry the potential to for re-injury. He is healed, they say, despite the fact that he doesn't feel fully comfortable. He does not believe the doctors, or else he would be playing.

On one hand, most people believe doctors. On the other, most people have not had to deal with the Bulls' doctors.

Consider last season. As is often brought up, Rose played through a plethora of maladies. Every time, the team doctors cleared him to play. Every time, he got re-injured, or discomfort with one body part resulted in an injury to another body part. He was never comfortable in 2011-12, but he played, because the Bulls told him he could play. And on that fateful day in April 2012, he blew out his ACL. He faced up to a year of not being able to do that which he loves most: play basketball.

There's no guarantee that devastating injury was caused by playing long minutes through all of those other injuries. But in that situation, avoiding a mental link between the two must be difficult, maybe impossible. Faced with such disappointment, the Butterfly Effect takes over. Every aspect of the conditions is questioned. And blaming an injury on playing with other injuries is pretty widespread and natural.

Consider Rose's teammates. Luol Deng's had a run-in with Bulls doctors in the past. Back in 2009 -- Rose's rookie season -- the Bulls declared in February that one of Deng's injuries was shrug-worthy enough that the forward should "challenge himself physically" in treatment so he could get back on the court. The Bulls released a public statement to that effect and with those three words. The quote came from Bulls team doctor Brian Cole. It was widely seen as a P.R. volley designed to get Deng back on the court for a playoff push. TrueHoop's Henry Abbott captured the mood back then.

Deng didn't feel comfortable, so his agent arranged for an outside opinion. And suddenly that day-to-day injury the Bulls couldn't believe would keep Deng out of action turned into a stress fracture serious enough to require months of rest to heal. Deng didn't play again that season. He was eventually cleared for basketball activities in July. The Bulls said Deng wasn't really injured, and told him to play. A different doctor -- the correct doctor, in this case -- told Deng he was really injured, and that he shouldn't run, jump or cut on his leg for four months.

In Game 3 of the 2011 Eastern Conference Finals, Omer Asik broke his leg. We're not talking about a stress fracture here: he broke his leg. Somehow, he got cleared to play by team doctors in Game 4. He lasted two minutes. And didn't play again until December. Based on the coverage of that incident, Asik wanted to "tough it out." No one with an MD after their name stopped him.

Brian Cole is still the Bulls' team doctor. He is, one assumes, the guy who has told Rose he won't suffer any ill effects from playing despite mental discomfort this postseason. He's the guy who told Deng to practice and potentially play on a stress fracture that eventually required four months of rest. He's the guy who should have kept Asik from playing on a broken leg. He's the guy, one assumes, who cleared Rose numerous times last season.

And after all of that, you expect Rose to march off into battle? You expect Derrick Rose to trust what has appeared under the John Paxson regime to become one of the least trustworthy and most pushy NBA franchises when it comes to injury? You expect him to trust a coach in Tom Thibodeau who repeatedly runs his players into the ground by heaping huge minutes on them? Rose's specific situation is more nuanced -- there are a million factors. But we can't ignore that one blaring horn in the fog is the team doctor's history of wrongly encouraging an injured star to continue to play an injury that would get worse with activity.

Like clockwork, in the Bulls' first round series against the Nets, Kirk Hinrich -- who has been battling injuries (as many as eight of them) all season long -- played 60 minutes (60!) in a Game 4 win. He hasn't played since due to a calf injury. Would you trust this employer with your health? I find it hard to blame Rose for doubting the team given the Bulls' history. Again, it's all more nuanced than this. Rose is practicing, reportedly well. His public statements are cryptic. One assumes he has had other doctors check him out, and there have been no reports that outside opinions disagree with the Bulls' medical staff.

But for me, so long as the framing of the saga is that Rose won't play despite being healthy, the single factor that sticks out most is how reluctant we and Rose himself should be to believe a single word the Bulls' doctors say about who is healthy and who is not. The track record speaks for itself.

Overtraining can also lead to injury. Too many reps can also lead to de conditioning. Try going in to a gym, then bench pressing every day while using high reps, and then see what happens to your shoulders and elbows. If a player is practicing too much, he may also put himself at risk of injury.

Now for a player like Derrick Rose, coming back after an ACL injury, he must be cautious, and then rightfully so. Sure, many have come back faster, but then again, everyone heals differently, as per the article I posted earlier in this thread. Of course, the surgery is better, but even Micheal Redd could not come back, and he isn't even half the athlete that Rose is or was.

I think we all should simply wish all athletes a COMPLETE recovery, before forcing them to come back when they are not ready, be it due to mental or physical limitations.

Everything that happened before his injury or that led to it is irrelevant to this situation now. My post is not about Bryant but you and your "since I studied this and you did not my arguments are sound" self. I did not try to challenge you. That is what you did asking for me for mathematical equations. How dare I reply or try to challenge Dr. Professional, Master of the Universe. :smh:

I agree with your last line though so I'll just leave it at that. View media item 401217

Last edited:
Derrick Rose and the Bulls' history of letting players break themselves

At its very core, the Derrick Rose saga comes down to this: doctors and Chicago Bulls officials have told him that playing at this point does not carry the potential to for re-injury. He is healed, they say, despite the fact that he doesn't feel fully comfortable. He does not believe the doctors, or else he would be playing.

On one hand, most people believe doctors. On the other, most people have not had to deal with the Bulls' doctors.

Consider last season. As is often brought up, Rose played through a plethora of maladies. Every time, the team doctors cleared him to play. Every time, he got re-injured, or discomfort with one body part resulted in an injury to another body part. He was never comfortable in 2011-12, but he played, because the Bulls told him he could play. And on that fateful day in April 2012, he blew out his ACL. He faced up to a year of not being able to do that which he loves most: play basketball.

There's no guarantee that devastating injury was caused by playing long minutes through all of those other injuries. But in that situation, avoiding a mental link between the two must be difficult, maybe impossible. Faced with such disappointment, the Butterfly Effect takes over. Every aspect of the conditions is questioned. And blaming an injury on playing with other injuries is pretty widespread and natural.

Consider Rose's teammates. Luol Deng's had a run-in with Bulls doctors in the past. Back in 2009 -- Rose's rookie season -- the Bulls declared in February that one of Deng's injuries was shrug-worthy enough that the forward should "challenge himself physically" in treatment so he could get back on the court. The Bulls released a public statement to that effect and with those three words. The quote came from Bulls team doctor Brian Cole. It was widely seen as a P.R. volley designed to get Deng back on the court for a playoff push. TrueHoop's Henry Abbott captured the mood back then.

Deng didn't feel comfortable, so his agent arranged for an outside opinion. And suddenly that day-to-day injury the Bulls couldn't believe would keep Deng out of action turned into a stress fracture serious enough to require months of rest to heal. Deng didn't play again that season. He was eventually cleared for basketball activities in July. The Bulls said Deng wasn't really injured, and told him to play. A different doctor -- the correct doctor, in this case -- told Deng he was really injured, and that he shouldn't run, jump or cut on his leg for four months.

In Game 3 of the 2011 Eastern Conference Finals, Omer Asik broke his leg. We're not talking about a stress fracture here: he broke his leg. Somehow, he got cleared to play by team doctors in Game 4. He lasted two minutes. And didn't play again until December. Based on the coverage of that incident, Asik wanted to "tough it out." No one with an MD after their name stopped him.

Brian Cole is still the Bulls' team doctor. He is, one assumes, the guy who has told Rose he won't suffer any ill effects from playing despite mental discomfort this postseason. He's the guy who told Deng to practice and potentially play on a stress fracture that eventually required four months of rest. He's the guy who should have kept Asik from playing on a broken leg. He's the guy, one assumes, who cleared Rose numerous times last season.

And after all of that, you expect Rose to march off into battle? You expect Derrick Rose to trust what has appeared under the John Paxson regime to become one of the least trustworthy and most pushy NBA franchises when it comes to injury? You expect him to trust a coach in Tom Thibodeau who repeatedly runs his players into the ground by heaping huge minutes on them? Rose's specific situation is more nuanced -- there are a million factors. But we can't ignore that one blaring horn in the fog is the team doctor's history of wrongly encouraging an injured star to continue to play an injury that would get worse with activity.

Like clockwork, in the Bulls' first round series against the Nets, Kirk Hinrich -- who has been battling injuries (as many as eight of them) all season long -- played 60 minutes (60!) in a Game 4 win. He hasn't played since due to a calf injury. Would you trust this employer with your health? I find it hard to blame Rose for doubting the team given the Bulls' history. Again, it's all more nuanced than this. Rose is practicing, reportedly well. His public statements are cryptic. One assumes he has had other doctors check him out, and there have been no reports that outside opinions disagree with the Bulls' medical staff.

But for me, so long as the framing of the saga is that Rose won't play despite being healthy, the single factor that sticks out most is how reluctant we and Rose himself should be to believe a single word the Bulls' doctors say about who is healthy and who is not. The track record speaks for itself.
Fixed. Gotta make sure the blind can see :lol:

Last edited:
But doctors and Professional(s) are experts and infallible tho. Why would a layman like you challenge the doctors of the bulls organization? You know nothing about physiology or medical mathematical equations :smh:

But doctors and Professional(s) are experts and infallible tho. Why would a layman like you challenge the doctors of the bulls organization? You know nothing about physiology or medical mathematical equations :smh:

clearly NOT infallible if they cleared Lu & a 2nd doc saw it was a BREAK

Doesn't take away the fact that dude has been ballin for the past 2 months, and going hard at that. 

Back
Top Bottom