Has the Jordan hype gone down?

Concord 11s have always been overrated to me. They look nice but the madness of 2011 was shameful and unnecessary. Hype will def come back up next year, especially of they bring back an OG 11, more Nike air 3-6 and more OG 1s. Even if the hype doesn't go back up, I still love certain Jordan's and will cop until I get my favorites. Wouldn't be apprised of JB brought back the Bred, Royal, or Shadow 1s. It'll be 3 years since they last release and if def possible

Last edited:
I also felt that like in the recent months, not only are air jordans not sold out within a few days but generally i see fewer teenagers wearing air jordans which retail at 180 - 200 bucks but more jordan brand shoes mostly with some soles and designs of aj 3 etc.
I guess the only sold outs will be limited to the AJ11 mid releases and some very limited models.
Overall the jordan brand hype has (finally ) cooled off.

I also felt that like in the recent months, not only are air jordans not sold out within a few days but generally i see fewer teenagers wearing air jordans which retail at 180 - 200 bucks but more jordan brand shoes mostly with some soles and designs of aj 3 etc.
I guess the only sold outs will be limited to the AJ11 mid releases and some very limited models.
Overall the jordan brand hype has (finally ) cooled off.
because kids are hyping over some kanye joint that cost like $50 to make, $200 retail, and $8-900 resell. they don't have money left to buy Jordans.

Some of the reasons I guess the Concords were a big deal was because of the patent leather and that Jordan was fined each game he wore them making them have this sort of grail status among some sneaker collector and buyers.  

Patent leather yes, other stuff no...it's a black white patent leather shoe....just the dopest combo on a shoe.

Concord 11s have always been overrated to me. They look nice but the madness of 2011 was shameful and unnecessary. Hype will def come back up next year, especially of they bring back an OG 11, more Nike air 3-6 and more OG 1s. Even if the hype doesn't go back up, I still love certain Jordan's and will cop until I get my favorites. Wouldn't be apprised of JB brought back the Bred, Royal, or Shadow 1s. It'll be 3 years since they last release and if def possible
personally I don't give a damn about 11s right now. They just look so tacky to me. The jumpman being flipped was a HUGE deal imo and the thin low cut patent leather makes me cringe. I wouldn't even put retro 11s in my top 15 sigs. If they reversed those stupid changes they would probably crack my top 10 again. I don't wear any of mine anymore, regret buying tbh

Last edited:
With the Maroon VIs sitting on release day the hype IMO has died down from what it was. I'm glad people who want these are now buying.

The funny thing is seeing all the posts on these forums where guys are returning what they bought.....they want the hype.

Maroons sitting are you serious???? It hasn't even been half a day or even 3 hours!! The meaning of the word sitting had changed from not selling out in a few days to not selling in minutes, wow

Maroons sitting are you serious???? It hasn't even been half a day or even 3 hours!! The meaning of the word sitting had changed from not selling out in a few days to not selling in minutes, wow
Exactly I hate when people say shoes sitting on the day it has released is a bad thing or even past the weekend. Like shoes made in such large quantities are always supposed to sell out instantaneously on the morning of its release

Exactly I hate when people say shoes sitting on the day it has released is a bad thing or even past the weekend. Like shoes made in such large quantities are always supposed to sell out instantaneously on the morning of its release

Well when that's what jordan brand use to do all the time it sayingsomething no?

I bet y'all (maybe even me too) be mad when the white cement 4s don't sit. If they do I will really genuinely be shocked.

Oh sorry, I forgot I have to be super specific.......Jordan's have been selling out within hours on release day for what 3-4 years now? The last 5-6 pairs have not. So if hype is measured by a reduction from what it was and the criteria established is selling out within a few hours then yes the hype is dying down from what it was.

Well when that's what jordan brand use to do all the time it sayingsomething no?

Exactly! Lessening from what it was.

Now I'll wait for people to jump in on the 'mass produced' and made in 'large quantities' excuses, like that has just recently changed.....hmmmmmm a multibillion dollar consumer products company produces in large quantities....who would have thunk it :x

Seeing Maroon 6s sitting on finishline.com puts a smile on my face.

Seeing Maroon 6s sitting on finishline.com puts a smile on my face.
laugh.gif

This still leaves me worried about the white cement 4s. The hype for those always to be double or even triple that of the marooons. I thought everyone was hyped about the maroons a few months ago??

This still leaves me worried about the white cement 4s. The hype for those always to be double or even triple that of the marooons. I thought everyone was hyped about the maroons a few months ago??
WC 4s not sitting. Maroons wrong place, wrong times. Lost in the shuffle with 11s or yeezys. 

Last edited:
its died down, i see a lot of the 7 retros and even the 9's that released recently just sitting on shelves at stores. even the aquas, cyber mondays and maroons are still out there for retail. jordan brand released way too many shoes i feel that unless you have the cash to blow or that person who buys every retro no matter what, people will pass and wait for just the big releases like the 11's. doesn't help as well when the quality on jordans are still trash and they continue to raise the price

I hope the decreased hype decreases violence and deaths over these shoes. That's a bigger plus than shoes sitting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom