Has The Whole, "Thug" Era Ended?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

thug life>>>emo skinny jeans steve urkel look kids are rocking nowadays
sick.gif
So much one can say about this above quote, but I'll just i'll just comment that while it may just be about "fashion" to you,the impact goes a lot deeper than what style of clothes one wears. Anyway, I'll chalk it up to a "cultural" flaw.

There's thugs all around us. They are wearing the button-up shirts, skinny jeans, etc..

Perhaps the thug-style of fashion has died down, but if you go to the wrong neighborhood, you're not any safer than you were a few years ago.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

It's the pussification of America. People are more insecure, they simp/thirst/beast, and they don't know about responsibility and individuality. They define their "manhood" in the wrong way and as a result we have a bunch of lost souls in this country. Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of some of these things and the thug movement was born of a lot of the same insecurity, just in the other direction. And I don't think my post has anything to do with this thread but I wanted to type it.
I fully agree. It's a result of a bunch of insecure and lost man-boys who didn't have proper guidance and tutelage growing up and are nowangry at the world as if it owes them something so now they're hell bent of making others feel their pain.

Originally Posted by verynecessary

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Originally Posted by verynecessary

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Originally Posted by socluis90

i understand what op is saying. there are thugs everywhere. his point is in the 90's and early 00's it was idolized. not no more.
No he's wrong on all fronts I kno 13yr old kids that want nothing more than to be a ganster. Some kids will always idolize gangsters it just depeneds on where you're from and you can get "fresh" and be a gangster too.
can you contradict yourself any more?

it's not mainstream anymore. doesn't mean it's not there.
are you in agreement with me? Vado-"I can't understand you, you used too many words" I'm saying it's NOT gone genius.
nah. op is saying if the thug era is over. you're saying it's not. i'm saying it's not gone, but the "era" is over. there will always be kids trying to be thugs, and there always have been, but it's not what most kids want to be anymore.

"MOST" kids never wanted to be thugs or *%%+ would crazier than it is. I can't say I even see a decline in how many kids want to be thugs the90's image of a thug is gone they're still out there in numbers just wearing tighter clothes.

i live in jacksonville florida- where ya u c most people wearin tighter stuff and polo shoes n whatnot. but guess what? there was two fights TODAY. overnothing more than northside/jax beach. and since we're talking about clothes like that defines a goon-no, these particular people still staying in jivejungle jean shorts n high top forces type dudes. really doesn't matter though- yes, there are still thugs.

wrong, i know mad kids who really are into this gangster stuff.

funny because none of them would fight me, long martial arts backround lol

Clothing or the way you dress has nothing to do with being about yours.

I dun seen _'s get sonned in button ups
and handle it later in Champion Hoods

laugh.gif
Baggy clothes and cornrows dont make a thug. This is where people get it messed up. Prejudgement.

I know a lot of "thugs" you see wear their clothes a certain way, act and talk a certain way, but when you start judging people based on whatthey're wearing or how they talk, you're start losing. I guess you can say the trend of being a cliche thug is kind of dying down because of thechange in culture, but the true thugs are still out and this is making it even easier for them to either blend in, or do what they do a little more because thearea isnt so hot anymore and they get to fill in the spots that the posers were taking up.

Stop judging people off how they appear and you'll start seeing where things really are... Look at your government officials and politicians.. Betyou'll find a lot of thuggin goin down there.

^NT in large part has never experienced any REAL thuggery whatsoever.. it's actually funny to me because these guys swear they have a perspective on !#!*.I've never claimed to be a thug per say, but I dabble...and I maintain ties to the streets that I've spent my whole life in. I don't panic orflinch when 10 or 12 shots ring out. It's normal to me. These guys would !#!* themselves
laugh.gif
. I know murderers, robbers, hustlers, etc. It'sno big thing. Everybody is doing something illegal in the hood
grin.gif
. They think all criminals actually look like criminals
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

laugh.gif
Baggy clothes and cornrows dont make a thug. This is where people get it messed up. Prejudgement.

I know a lot of "thugs" you see wear their clothes a certain way, act and talk a certain way, but when you start judging people based on what they're wearing or how they talk, you're start losing. I guess you can say the trend of being a cliche thug is kind of dying down because of the change in culture, but the true thugs are still out and this is making it even easier for them to either blend in, or do what they do a little more because the area isnt so hot anymore and they get to fill in the spots that the posers were taking up.

Stop judging people off how they appear and you'll start seeing where things really are... Look at your government officials and politicians.. Bet you'll find a lot of thuggin goin down there.
So true man, corparation murder people by the thousands even millions. They get a lot of %*%!, but no ones really cracking down on them. Moneymakes you want to throw in the towel some times.

As long as there is hip hop music, ignorant folks, and money to be made, there will ALWAYS be thugs. It has always been that way.

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

The era when kids who never lived in the "hood" tried to act and dress like thugs has faded. But the real thugs are still in the hood.
This right here sums it up. Quoted For Truth

thats true i remember thoso days and now i dont even think about wearing thoso type of outfits

Back
Top Bottom