Hathaway is Catwoman; Hardy is Bane

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

what are your thoughts on katie holmes in BB and maggie gyllenhaal in TDK?

Katie was basically "eye candy" and OVER-ACTED ...I never took Rachel Dawe's character seriously until Maggie KILLED IT.
I believe Maggie as a perfect mixture of looks, smarts and age I'd expect a Chicago/Gotham assistant district attn. to have.
I just wasn't buying it with Katie. And no offense to Maggie (cause I personally find her attractive), but to see Harvey
go crazy and Bruce risk his life for a chick that looks like Maggie made believe it was REAL LOVE not based on superficiality.
She's a REAL looking person, Katie Holmes is Mid-Western eye candy ALL HER ROLES have portrayed her like so.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

what are your thoughts on katie holmes in BB and maggie gyllenhaal in TDK?

Katie was basically "eye candy" and OVER-ACTED ...I never took Rachel Dawe's character seriously until Maggie KILLED IT.
I believe Maggie as a perfect mixture of looks, smarts and age I'd expect a Chicago/Gotham assistant district attn. to have.
I just wasn't buying it with Katie. And no offense to Maggie (cause I personally find her attractive), but to see Harvey
go crazy and Bruce risk his life for a chick that looks like Maggie made believe it was REAL LOVE not based on superficiality.
She's a REAL looking person, Katie Holmes is Mid-Western eye candy ALL HER ROLES have portrayed her like so.

I think Anne Hathaway is a good actress, she was great in Rachel Getting Married.

While I would have prolly rather have them not go the Catwoman route I have faith in the production team, Nolan and Bale
pimp.gif

I think Anne Hathaway is a good actress, she was great in Rachel Getting Married.

While I would have prolly rather have them not go the Catwoman route I have faith in the production team, Nolan and Bale
pimp.gif

I was wondering why take someone that good looking (pause) and make him Bane, till i found out son was Bronson. Damn.

I was wondering why take someone that good looking (pause) and make him Bane, till i found out son was Bronson. Damn.

Don't sleep on Hathaway. For all we know she might not even play Catwoman most of the film, similar to Eckhart portraying Two-Face. The release said she is playing Selina Kyle and Tom Hardy is playing Bane. There is no mention of Catwoman. Now I'm not saying Nolan is leaving Catwoman out of the film, I'm just saying don't criticize Hathaway for being the wrong fit for the role when she might not even have to be Catwoman for a lot of the film. I have a feeling Bane will be the main villain here. Nolan will do the characters justice once again. July, 20, 2012 is so far away though
30t6p3b.gif

Don't sleep on Hathaway. For all we know she might not even play Catwoman most of the film, similar to Eckhart portraying Two-Face. The release said she is playing Selina Kyle and Tom Hardy is playing Bane. There is no mention of Catwoman. Now I'm not saying Nolan is leaving Catwoman out of the film, I'm just saying don't criticize Hathaway for being the wrong fit for the role when she might not even have to be Catwoman for a lot of the film. I have a feeling Bane will be the main villain here. Nolan will do the characters justice once again. July, 20, 2012 is so far away though
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Nako, Hathaway lacks versatility, she's stuck in the same role. Anne is the goofy female supporting character or the goofy female lead. As for her being a tremendous actress, I can't think of one movie where she really stood out as a performer; she's a B-list actress at best without any noteworthy performances under her belt. I'm not going to be the guy that says she will screw the movie, but as of right now, she hasn't done anything career wise that says to me she will fulfill the part properly. 
Brokeback Mountain

Nako, Hathaway lacks versatility, she's stuck in the same role. Anne is the goofy female supporting character or the goofy female lead. As for her being a tremendous actress, I can't think of one movie where she really stood out as a performer; she's a B-list actress at best without any noteworthy performances under her belt. I'm not going to be the guy that says she will screw the movie, but as of right now, she hasn't done anything career wise that says to me she will fulfill the part properly. 
Brokeback Mountain

People are seriously questioning Nolan's decisions after all these years of flawless films?

35mjhb8.jpg

People are seriously questioning Nolan's decisions after all these years of flawless films?

35mjhb8.jpg

If people still don't trust Nolan after he cast Ledger as the Joker, then I don't know what to tell you.

People were losing their minds... and it ended up being one of the most iconic performances in recent films. Settle down and trust the filmmaker.

If people still don't trust Nolan after he cast Ledger as the Joker, then I don't know what to tell you.

People were losing their minds... and it ended up being one of the most iconic performances in recent films. Settle down and trust the filmmaker.

she's cute...ill go with it i guess. wait till i see it to decide if it was the right call or not

she's cute...ill go with it i guess. wait till i see it to decide if it was the right call or not

she was good in brokeback mountain, and anne's character in devil wears prada was exactly like michelle pfeifer's portrayal of cat woman: screw up to confident leading lady.

i'm just saying people are up in arms over this casting and i don't get it.

anyways, handsome bob will deliver.

she was good in brokeback mountain, and anne's character in devil wears prada was exactly like michelle pfeifer's portrayal of cat woman: screw up to confident leading lady.

i'm just saying people are up in arms over this casting and i don't get it.

anyways, handsome bob will deliver.

Loving the choice of Hathaway as Catwoman but I still don't see why Bane is in the movie. Bane has always come off to me as a little to cartoony for a movie like The Dark Knight Rises but I won't question Nolan. Surely he knows what he's doing and is gonna deliver another classic.
pimp.gif
And he has a good actor playing him.

Still no word on who's playing Talia Al Ghul?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom