Hathaway is Catwoman; Hardy is Bane

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

i remeber when everyone was all like *+! when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker in TDK. I have faith that Nolan knows what he's doing.

I was one in the minority when everyone was up in arms about Ledger.  Thought he was a tremendous actor before that movie and it really put him over the top. 

Won't question Nolan on this movie either.  Eames from Inception
pimp.gif

Loving the choice of Hathaway as Catwoman but I still don't see why Bane is in the movie. Bane has always come off to me as a little to cartoony for a movie like The Dark Knight Rises but I won't question Nolan. Surely he knows what he's doing and is gonna deliver another classic.
pimp.gif
And he has a good actor playing him.

Still no word on who's playing Talia Al Ghul?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

i remeber when everyone was all like *+! when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker in TDK. I have faith that Nolan knows what he's doing.

I was one in the minority when everyone was up in arms about Ledger.  Thought he was a tremendous actor before that movie and it really put him over the top. 

Won't question Nolan on this movie either.  Eames from Inception
pimp.gif

“I’m excited to continue the story we started with Batman Begins. Our challenge in casting the Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger’s interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale’s Batman is going to be incredible.

“I’m excited to continue the story we started with Batman Begins. Our challenge in casting the Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger’s interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale’s Batman is going to be incredible.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

Catwoman? You %#+#+@+ kidding me?? REALLY???

Why you mad? She's a classic in the Batman universe.

Cuz she's not exactly a villainess, but not exactly a heroine, either. She's probably gonna end up working with Batman, which is not good for these movies. It's gonna be like having Nightwing or Robin. He needs to be a one-man team.
We don't know if she's the only viallain though and I don't think Bane will be the main villain. I can see a team up of sorts with Bats and Cats versus Bane and the other villain, maybe Hugo Strange?

I'm just questioning his choice of putting in Catwoman. I mean, do we really need another spandex wearing vigilante working with Batman? Hopefully, it won't be the classic Catwoman we all know and he'll do something different with it or make her a 100% villainess or something. Oh, and put in Black Mask.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

Catwoman? You %#+#+@+ kidding me?? REALLY???

Why you mad? She's a classic in the Batman universe.

Cuz she's not exactly a villainess, but not exactly a heroine, either. She's probably gonna end up working with Batman, which is not good for these movies. It's gonna be like having Nightwing or Robin. He needs to be a one-man team.
We don't know if she's the only viallain though and I don't think Bane will be the main villain. I can see a team up of sorts with Bats and Cats versus Bane and the other villain, maybe Hugo Strange?

I'm just questioning his choice of putting in Catwoman. I mean, do we really need another spandex wearing vigilante working with Batman? Hopefully, it won't be the classic Catwoman we all know and he'll do something different with it or make her a 100% villainess or something. Oh, and put in Black Mask.

By the way, I trust his judgement when it comes to casting. Remember people were skeptical about casting Heath for The Dark Knight. Look what happened.

By the way, I trust his judgement when it comes to casting. Remember people were skeptical about casting Heath for The Dark Knight. Look what happened.

He's dead

He's dead

With the exception of Heath's performance, Nolan's movies are driven by the story than the individual characters. He more or less cares about the ensemble carrying a story. I mean, in TDK, the two main characters were Ledger and Bale.. and their supporting cast? Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman. You would think it would be the opposite, but the bottom line is, as long as Nolan has a solid story, he'll find a way to make it work.

I really didn't care who played Bane, I just wanted his character redeemed after the Schumacher debacle.

As for Hathaway, I wasn't a fan of the final five that Nolan was considering so I really am indifferent. I was really hoping someone like Rose Byrne would get the role. Someone who has some pedigree, but who isn't a "star."

With the exception of Heath's performance, Nolan's movies are driven by the story than the individual characters. He more or less cares about the ensemble carrying a story. I mean, in TDK, the two main characters were Ledger and Bale.. and their supporting cast? Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman. You would think it would be the opposite, but the bottom line is, as long as Nolan has a solid story, he'll find a way to make it work.

I really didn't care who played Bane, I just wanted his character redeemed after the Schumacher debacle.

As for Hathaway, I wasn't a fan of the final five that Nolan was considering so I really am indifferent. I was really hoping someone like Rose Byrne would get the role. Someone who has some pedigree, but who isn't a "star."

Back
Top Bottom