Hathaway is Catwoman; Hardy is Bane

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

Catwoman? You %#+#+@+ kidding me?? REALLY???

Why you mad? She's a classic in the Batman universe.

Cuz she's not exactly a villainess, but not exactly a heroine, either. She's probably gonna end up working with Batman, which is not good for these movies. It's gonna be like having Nightwing or Robin. He needs to be a one-man team.
We don't know if she's the only viallain though and I don't think Bane will be the main villain. I can see a team up of sorts with Bats and Cats versus Bane and the other villain, maybe Hugo Strange?

I'm just questioning his choice of putting in Catwoman. I mean, do we really need another spandex wearing vigilante working with Batman? Hopefully, it won't be the classic Catwoman we all know and he'll do something different with it or make her a 100% villainess or something. Oh, and put in Black Mask.
If he sticks to decent stories Catwoman will absolutely be a villain - she's a cat burglar and Batman occasionally works with her when their goals align - not like she's part of a super team or anything.

Bane will be interesting too - like a few folks have said he's a good realistic character. I always hoped someone would film the whole Knightfall story so maybe this can start that.

Either that or the one where Batman starts taking pills like Venom so he can get bigger and stronger - that was an interesting look at how far you can go to do "good". Had Batman examining himself and his methods.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

Catwoman? You %#+#+@+ kidding me?? REALLY???

Why you mad? She's a classic in the Batman universe.

Cuz she's not exactly a villainess, but not exactly a heroine, either. She's probably gonna end up working with Batman, which is not good for these movies. It's gonna be like having Nightwing or Robin. He needs to be a one-man team.
We don't know if she's the only viallain though and I don't think Bane will be the main villain. I can see a team up of sorts with Bats and Cats versus Bane and the other villain, maybe Hugo Strange?

I'm just questioning his choice of putting in Catwoman. I mean, do we really need another spandex wearing vigilante working with Batman? Hopefully, it won't be the classic Catwoman we all know and he'll do something different with it or make her a 100% villainess or something. Oh, and put in Black Mask.
If he sticks to decent stories Catwoman will absolutely be a villain - she's a cat burglar and Batman occasionally works with her when their goals align - not like she's part of a super team or anything.

Bane will be interesting too - like a few folks have said he's a good realistic character. I always hoped someone would film the whole Knightfall story so maybe this can start that.

Either that or the one where Batman starts taking pills like Venom so he can get bigger and stronger - that was an interesting look at how far you can go to do "good". Had Batman examining himself and his methods.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

By the way, I trust his judgement when it comes to casting. Remember people were skeptical about casting Heath for The Dark Knight. Look what happened.

He's dead
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

what are your thoughts on katie holmes in BB and maggie gyllenhaal in TDK?

Katie was basically "eye candy" and OVER-ACTED ...I never took Rachel Dawe's character seriously until Maggie KILLED IT.
I believe Maggie as a perfect mixture of looks, smarts and age I'd expect a Chicago/Gotham assistant district attn. to have.
I just wasn't buying it with Katie. And no offense to Maggie (cause I personally find her attractive), but to see Harvey
go crazy and Bruce risk his life for a chick that looks like Maggie made believe it was REAL LOVE not based on superficiality.
She's a REAL looking person, Katie Holmes is Mid-Western eye candy ALL HER ROLES have portrayed her like so.

you explain what the character is supposed to be prefectly.. my problem (and i presume alot of ppls as well) is we don't share that same opinion of gyllenhal..

it is hard for me to see her in that position where bruce wayne AND harvey dent would be willing to throw everything away to be with her..

now of course i believe TDKR will be a great movie (and have the upmost faith in nolan).. i'm just not a fan of hathaway AND the female nolan has used in each of the movies has been a flub, in my opinion

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

what are your thoughts on katie holmes in BB and maggie gyllenhaal in TDK?

Katie was basically "eye candy" and OVER-ACTED ...I never took Rachel Dawe's character seriously until Maggie KILLED IT.
I believe Maggie as a perfect mixture of looks, smarts and age I'd expect a Chicago/Gotham assistant district attn. to have.
I just wasn't buying it with Katie. And no offense to Maggie (cause I personally find her attractive), but to see Harvey
go crazy and Bruce risk his life for a chick that looks like Maggie made believe it was REAL LOVE not based on superficiality.
She's a REAL looking person, Katie Holmes is Mid-Western eye candy ALL HER ROLES have portrayed her like so.

you explain what the character is supposed to be prefectly.. my problem (and i presume alot of ppls as well) is we don't share that same opinion of gyllenhal..

it is hard for me to see her in that position where bruce wayne AND harvey dent would be willing to throw everything away to be with her..

now of course i believe TDKR will be a great movie (and have the upmost faith in nolan).. i'm just not a fan of hathaway AND the female nolan has used in each of the movies has been a flub, in my opinion

Nolan also made Elle Page bearable in Inception so Hathaway might surprise you guys.
I don't get why you used the word bearable though? Ellen is an amazing actress. (Check out 'Hard Candy,' and 'An American Crime' for two heavily slept on performances...she can definitely act.)

Nolan also made Elle Page bearable in Inception so Hathaway might surprise you guys.
I don't get why you used the word bearable though? Ellen is an amazing actress. (Check out 'Hard Candy,' and 'An American Crime' for two heavily slept on performances...she can definitely act.)

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'ma take it all the people saying she can't act didn't see Rachel Getting Married

THIS. Please don't say Hathaway can't do this role if you haven't seen it.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'ma take it all the people saying she can't act didn't see Rachel Getting Married

THIS. Please don't say Hathaway can't do this role if you haven't seen it.

Originally Posted by EvansST

Lol I remember when people were saying Brokeback Joker.

We all know how Ledger portrayed the Joker.

I trust Nolan.
THIS!!!!!!

as a huge batman fan, i doubted that anyone could redeem the franchise after joe schumacher ruined it. then i wasnt too thrilled with the liam chosen to be ras but he nailed the role. same with heath playing the joker but of course nolan once again proved us all wrong. i will never doubt nolan
pimp.gif

HAIL CHRIS NOLAN!

Originally Posted by EvansST

Lol I remember when people were saying Brokeback Joker.

We all know how Ledger portrayed the Joker.

I trust Nolan.
THIS!!!!!!

as a huge batman fan, i doubted that anyone could redeem the franchise after joe schumacher ruined it. then i wasnt too thrilled with the liam chosen to be ras but he nailed the role. same with heath playing the joker but of course nolan once again proved us all wrong. i will never doubt nolan
pimp.gif

HAIL CHRIS NOLAN!

i dont doubt anne hathaway at all but i just HATE HATE HATE catwoman cant stand that character so damn corny but we'll see

i dont doubt anne hathaway at all but i just HATE HATE HATE catwoman cant stand that character so damn corny but we'll see

Considering Bane paralyzed Batman in the comics & broke the walls of Arkham Asylum, this could open the door to more Batman movies with a DIFFERENT lead actor & a whole assortment of villains. Nolan, you sly fox you.

Considering Bane paralyzed Batman in the comics & broke the walls of Arkham Asylum, this could open the door to more Batman movies with a DIFFERENT lead actor & a whole assortment of villains. Nolan, you sly fox you.

Will there be another villain?  I don't see Bane carrying the main bad guy role in a movie
eyes.gif

Will there be another villain?  I don't see Bane carrying the main bad guy role in a movie
eyes.gif

As stated in this thread, how anyone is doubting Christopher Nolan at this point is
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Bane if done correctly, and I have no doubt that he will be, will be an excellent challenge to Batman.  There is most likely another villain in the movie as well.

Back
Top Bottom