Have Jordans jumped the shark?

My Lunarepics are so much better than my UB's
I almost forgot.

I have the wolf grey joints of these.

The weather is beat here so ive only rocked twice.

That could be #1 now that you mention it.

Jeez...  yeah this is why im not buying jays,

Lunar epics

Footscape magista

Ultraboost

laugh.gif

Or I can drop a grip on some 3s and feel that, still not 1988 levels of remastered comfort

After the og 17... I never bought a good jordan again. I stopped buying new jays at the xx when I was so disappointed with horrid traction I vowed to never get got at retail again

definitely would rather get 3 pairs of NSW/Nike Running stuff than one pair of **** quality Jordans

sock darts, prestos, NSW retros >

plus you can always bank on them to be in stock everywhere...no lining up no funny business

more comfortable too

They must've never owned full zoom air shoes then. My ultraboost 1.0 cushioning is like softer zoom air.

Full zoom air is awesome. I have ran two marathons with full zoom air nike's and my feet never felt tired both times :pimp:

also when people speak of boost they only talk about the ultraboost
My Lunarepics are so much better than my UB's

I've actually never worn ultra boost

I do have adidas eqt 3/3s, nike lunarepic and lunarcharges

and the comfort is in that order

all 3 get the job done tho

so much more than just Jordans.

My rotation is some NMDs, just got a pair of UBs, flyknit Mercurials, and vans

Am I the only one who always saw Adidas as backup shoes? Maybe just because of my experience growing up, but Adidas were always a second option shoe to me, like something you get stuck with because moms wasn't dropping bread on the Nikes. Or when you really wanted Forces, but your wallet said Superstars :lol:

It's hard to wrap my mind around ANY Adidas being 170 now. That just seems absolutely crazy.

Am I the only one who always saw Adidas as backup shoes? Maybe just because of my experience growing up, but Adidas were always a second option shoe to me, like something you get stuck with because moms wasn't dropping bread on the Nikes. Or when you really wanted Forces, but your wallet said Superstars :lol:

It's hard to wrap my mind around ANY Adidas being 170 now. That just seems absolutely crazy.
That can be said about most sig jordans. And it's really about local demographics. I'm sure some U.K. and Euro cats don't see Adidas as back up anything. Hell im from MD and was spending $150-$200 on New Balances. Someone from a different locale would never spend that much on them, or probably didn't even knew New Balances cost that much.

Last edited:

That can be said about most sig jordans. And it's really about local demographics. I'm sure some U.K. and Euro cats don't see Adidas as back up anything. Hell im from MD and was spending $150-$200 on New Balances. Someone from a different locale would never spend that much on them, or probably didn't even knew New Balances cost that much.

This.

People don't realize that European dudes were dropping multiple hundreds on EQTs before adidas flooded the market with them. Same with with superstars: there are some that used to fetch a whole lot of money before the social media took off and democratized sneaker collecting.

Some people have worlds that don't extend beyond their block

The last pair of Jordans I bought was the 5s around senior year of high school. That was years ago.

I was never big into the basketball shoe aesthetic. Big, bulky with a lot going on in terms of design. It swallows the outfit, and I don't want loud basketball sneakers to be the center piece of my outfit, esp now since I'm in my mid 20s.

The running shoe trend is dope. Good comfort, sleek shoes but still has good support.

What a great question! I think they have but they are a business so they will supply as long as there is demand. I do miss the days when I'd get one pair of shoes every school year. I was happy with them and wore them every day. I wasn't thinking about the next model or colorway.
I picked up 5 retros this year which is crazy. I only have two feet!

"Nike NKE, +1.95% is facing heightened competition from Adidas AG ADS, +0.79% and Under Armour Inc. UAA, -0.17% as well as shifting trends that favor lifestyle fashions over athletic looks. But analysts remain optimistic about the Nike brand over the long term." - None Hypebeast Assessment :lol:

View media item 2269231
Running and Basketball is obviously Nike's bread and butter, as y'all stated.
They are weak on innovation compared to Adidas (Adidas stole that boost tech ). :lol: Still Nike reign.

View media item 2269232
They are releasing the earning #s today.

Last edited:
was reading about their earnings report today, and i didnt realize that Nike dropped to third in terms of apparel.

1. UA
2. Adidas
3. Nike

was reading about their earnings report today, and i didnt realize that Nike dropped to third in terms of apparel.

1. UA
2. Adidas
3. Nike

Crazy. I had no idea Adidas was doing it like that. I heard people mention Yeezys and eqts, what is Adidas other popular models?

Last edited:
Jumped the shark? I think that depends on who you're asking. Personally, I don't have a problem walking into a store and picking up a couple pairs of TB 3s on discount. Meanwhile, some people think it's lame if a shoe is sitting. And if it's sitting weeks later, some people even laugh and question if the brand is falling off. I don't pay attention to that aspect and just stick to buying what I like. I bought more Vans this year than anything else. Doesn't mean I like Jordan, Nike and Adidas any less or that they fell off in my view. It's just Vans was releasing a lot of dope product this year.

1. UA
2. Adidas
3. Nike

Crazy. I had no idea Adidas was doing it like that. I heard people mention Yeezys and eqts, what is Adidas other popular models?

Nike still holds top spot in footwear.

adidas had a resurgence of the Stan Smith and Superstar over the last two years, along with new models like the NMD, Tubulars, and ZX Flux's that have boosted them into running for top contender.

1. UA
2. Adidas
3. Nike

Pretty impressive for UA considering they do not have much in the casual division, I think they just launched it in the second half of this year?

Back
Top Bottom