Have Jordans jumped the shark?

UA makes stuff that your typical dude will rock, like a plain old thermal you get your dad at Christmas

Adidas clothing is meh to me, I bought one of their Originals hoodies last week and it leaves a lot to be desired but it was $50 off $85 so oh well

I love Nike's athletic stuff but they def. need to move towards a more lifestyle direction, you can't really rock their stuff with jeans and lifestyle sneakers

yeah, i dont see that many folks rocking adidas clothing other than them THOT pants.

maybe their surge came from sports apparel like NBA and soccer stuff.

as far as UA, they hold the market when it comes to the suburbs and more affluent families. also they are the only ones that make hunting clothes which is a pretty huge market.

Nike’s business is still by far the largest, generating $3.74 billion in sales in the most recent period versus $877.6 million for Adidas and $827 million for Under Armour.

So the almost 3 billion dollar sales advantage is all shoes?

I see UA quite a bit. If u from the south and youre in sec country you will se ua.

Adidas....i mean...i see it now and again but its mostly the classics...i would imagine they take the lead overseas...i know adidas is big in europe and u go to any continent theres soccer jerseys.

Nike tho...i see nike EVERYWHERE in terms of shirts...shorts...etc...etc.

Last edited:
Nike has the NFL and they get the NBA next year

I have already seen dudes at the Sixers games rocking the Nike samples, I can't wait til they replace Adidas NBA trash

Only people who rock Superstars nowadays are 16 year old white girls. I do love the Stan Smiths, though.

Crazy. I had no idea Adidas was doing it like that. I heard people mention Yeezys and eqts, what is Adidas other popular models?
EQTs are only popular because of Pusha T. If he didn't put his spin on it, it would be just like every other unknown adidas shoe.

ZX Flux, Alphabounce, Ultraboost.

EQTs have been popular. esp among running heads.

they were only hyped up after push.

zx flux are ugly to me. tubulars i don't like but i see the yeezy esque appeal there.

boost is like the face of athleisure at the moment.

Last edited:
Flyknit trainers were the best looking running shoe Nike dropped since roshes. Racers are a consolation prize.

Adidas is winning in the casual market and that's what's in right now.

I do agree about superstars being teen white girls shoes, dunno when it happened but that who I see with them the most. Guessing the jenners.

Nike has the NFL and they get the NBA next year

I have already seen dudes at the Sixers games rocking the Nike samples, I can't wait til they replace Adidas NBA trash

UAs are getting MLBs next year, no?

I love Nike's athletic stuff but they def. need to move towards a more lifestyle direction, you can't really rock their stuff with jeans and lifestyle sneakers

Most Nike stuff has plenty of casual appeal, I can wear those windrunners with jeans all day.

Plus they actually have casual divisions, ther ACG and Nikelab stuff are definitely made for my lifestyle/baller sneakers, granted plenty of them are pretty pricey.

And Nike has definitely taken advantage of the athleisure trend with their tech fleece line, they even have takedown fleece version that doesn't fit like some JNCO jeans.

Last edited:
What a great question! I think they have but they are a business so they will supply as long as there is demand. I do miss the days when I'd get one pair of shoes every school year. I was happy with them and wore them every day. I wasn't thinking about the next model or colorway.
I miss those days too. I wore the 1991 Maroon VI everyday for like 2 years straight in 2nd and 3rd grade until they fell apart.

No social media back then, so you didn't really have as much info about sneakers and apparel. Only what you saw in the JC Penney catalog and what your homies or athletes were wearing
laugh.gif

Nike signed Bryson Tiller so looks like this is the start it them attacking the Adidas model

Adidas track pants are a staple in da hood. Everybody I know owns at least 1 pair. I don't even rock my nike gear like that no more, a few adidas hoodies, tees, and joggers.

anyone else think the swingman jersey hype will make a return now that nike will be making them?

Adidas track pants are a staple in da hood. Everybody I know owns at least 1 pair. I don't even rock my nike gear like that no more, a few adidas hoodies, tees, and joggers.
Yeah that soccer/training pant wave came out of nowhere and those and those adidas tiro pant are seen everywhere.

The retro XVI's MSRP is $250 :smh: :rofl:

:x

I love the XVI's but not for 250+ tax.

I'm older now so I try spend money on experiences over buying things like sneakers/expensive clothes. Someone stated it earlier about pulling yams in general stuff. I get more compliments on my Stan Smith primeknits than I do with any of my Jordan's.

250.00!? :smh:

I guess I'll chime in one last time before this thread fades into bolivian.

But the way I see it, Jordan's brand in general is too iconic to just completely lose all relevancy. Jordan is just as much apart of the 80's and 90's as the years them self. Those decades can be coined as the intro to "hip." The wave came on strong. There was a huge cultural shift during that time which greatly influences a lot of what goes on today in pop culture.

Any popular television show from that era is riddled with Jordan sneakers (Fresh Prince, Martin, Wayans Bros., A Different World, Boys Meets World, Seinfeld, Family Matters, Roseanne, etc). Let's not even mention the hoards of movies, music videos, posters, album covers and so forth his sneakers appeared on. This also helped shift transition from Jordans just being a basketball shoe strictly for basketball players, but now it becomes a fashion statement that represents a new generation, a new lifestyle and attitude.

As long as these shows and movies are syndicated Jordans will constantly plant seeds and draw different types of inspiration. Because much like we watched all those old shows from the 60's and 70's growing up, 80's and 90's programs definitely have a cult following amongst the younger heads who emulate what they see. All of this and I'm not even tapping into the athletic side of these.

So while the brand may exhibit it's peaks and valleys like any other, they will always be relevant to some extent. History itself will not allow Jordan's to fade into bolivian!!!

Last edited:
One thing I hate is when people try to slander those who collect Jays as adults.

Let them dudes cook Mayne....

For me, at 27, when I saw the same shoe come out multiple times, I was donezo

When I saw I could get just as many yambs with some $40 nikes vs $200 Jays, I was donezo

When the velocity of the shoes coming out sped up, I was donezo.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt, doe... I worked in Footlocker for 5 years and got very jaded towards kicks and the way people (dudes) acted towards them. Hadn't copped a pair since 2011, or kicks in general since 2012.

QFT.

Back
Top Bottom