Have Jordans jumped the shark?

I remember on one of Jermaine Dupri's "Living The Life" Vlogs, he mocked people who were still stuck in the "Air Force One" Era. I think this was back in 08' when they were shooting "Stepped on My Jz" for Nelly. :lol:

Back in 2014, when Macklemore "Thrift Shop" blew up, I think that expanded people's consciousness as far as being more versatile with footwear selections. In White Hipster culture, it is popular to wear ankle cut boots. I follow this dude on YouTube named Aaron Merino who breaks down fashion stuff, not too many people are effing with sneakers anymore.

So either you buy 2nd hand/resale shoes for $20-30, or you go all out and spend 500-750$ on Prada, Gucci, Raf Simon, Yeezy etc.

Lost me at "white hipster".

Sneakers ain't going nowhere, b. At least not in black, "urban" culture.

you don't gotta be an encyclopedia to cop but spending wild bread on ish u don't know bout cuz its da thing to do reeks of shallowness... and that's in general and transcends everything.

I could see that if these were paintings or some **** but at the end of the day they are shoes

The main things people look for in a shoe is aesthetic value

Lost me at "white hipster".

Sneakers ain't going nowhere, b. At least not in black, "urban" culture.
I think you guys are both right. Different shoes are getting popular with urban youth yet, I think sneakers will be "in" for a long time.

Glad those 16's are priced like that.

I remember people begged for Nike Air on Retros. So if True Blues with Nike Airs are sitting, those 16's are in it for the long haul...most casuals don't **** with any after the 14's

Glad those 16's are priced like that.

I remember people begged for Nike Air on Retros. So if True Blues with Nike Airs are sitting, those 16's are in it for the long haul...most casuals don't **** with any after the 14's
True, I wish more SB's would sit.

Dudes dumb. Jordan will release all of their own designs. It's not like they limit themselves to a certain amount of shoes and a kid designs one ruins anything. FOH

I like Boost technology but god damn y'all overrate it

I'll take a Lunar sole over Boost any day of the week especially when you aren't just walking but actually using it to exercise
Yes and no. Boost 2.0 SURPASSES the hype imo.

Boost 1.0 (In terms of comfort) Meh.

Boost 2.0 > Anything comfort wise nike has/had. JMO

Last edited:

I think the reason why boost gets very hyped up is that most people were used to wearing Jordan's and other causal, not so comfortable shoes. Once people tried on boost shoes, they probably seem like a godsend shoe, compared to everything else they're used to. If everyone hyping up the boosts tried other running shoes, I'm sure they wouldn't be as hyped up.

I personally prefer Nike> adidas in everything. :nerd:

If everyone hyping up the boosts tried other running shoes, I'm sure they wouldn't be as hyped up.

so much this.

they are definitely comfy but not as ridiculously comfy as people say and not THAT much comfier than nikes most comfortable joints.

to me just in terms of comfort, lunar is as comfortable. different, but equally as comfy in my humble opinion.
ive had a lot of running shoes with various types of tech and there are a lot of ridiculously comfy options depending on you personally.

i think the thing about boost is that its a NEW type of comfort. the feel is different.

so much this.

they are definitely comfy but not as ridiculously comfy as people say and not THAT much comfier than nikes most comfortable joints.

to me just in terms of comfort, lunar is as comfortable. different, but equally as comfy in my humble opinion.
ive had a lot of running shoes with various types of tech and there are a lot of ridiculously comfy options depending on you personally.

i think the thing about boost is that its a NEW type of comfort. the feel is different.
Yeah people like them because they're plushy most popular Nike runners are mesh-upper.

you don't gotta be an encyclopedia to cop but spending wild bread on ish u don't know bout cuz its da thing to do reeks of shallowness... and that's in general and transcends everything.

I could see that if these were paintings or some **** but at the end of the day they are shoes

The main things people look for in a shoe is aesthetic value

aesthetics is couched in context...

there's a better appreciation for something when u know da ingredients to bake in design language & architecture.

for casual wear nothing else feels better than boost

for running and sports I'm used to a firmer ride (pause) for performance purposes of course

actually looking to try the basketball shoe with boost for concrete courts

running in shoes with all boost would feel like running in quick sand cause there's so much give

but wearing boost after a run is where it's at

Last edited:
The retro XVI's MSRP is $250 :smh: :rofl:

Why the hell is the price that high? Is it one of the retros they market as better quality so people have to pay $90-100 extra when that quality should be provided at regular price?

Last edited:

I think the reason why boost gets very hyped up is that most people were used to wearing Jordan's and other causal, not so comfortable shoes. Once people tried on boost shoes, they probably seem like a godsend shoe, compared to everything else they're used to. If everyone hyping up the boosts tried other running shoes, I'm sure they wouldn't be as hyped up.

I personally prefer Nike> adidas in everything. :nerd:

They must've never owned full zoom air shoes then. My ultraboost 1.0 cushioning is like softer zoom air.

Last edited:
Not Into sneakers anymore but I will always appreciate the aesthetic. As a designer, I appreciate the sneaker community because of the aesthetic designs and color ways they can produce. Usually people who are into sneakers understand scale, proportion, and color pallets. :pimp:

I love the ultra boost

I find the footscape magista slightly more comfy for long casual periods tho.

I think its due to the looser non sport specific upper and more flexible sole.

***** if adi can segment boost with "free" style flex grooves and loosens up the primeknit upper just a hair, new levels of comfort will be achieved. 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom