Have Jordans jumped the shark?

Jordan's can never go away.

Fearing the day the namesake passes away though :wow:

Then we'll see all you dudes rocking Jordan's again and talking about your fondest memories in them :rolleyes
man, when MJ passes, it's gonna be pandemonium. :lol:

Last pair of jordans i purchased was the banned 1s but before that it was bred iv... left the jumpman once price went sky high with poor quality

Last pair of jordans i purchased was the banned 1s but before that it was bred iv... left the jumpman once price went sky high with poor quality

And here is the problem with JB

This Nter copped banned 1s, i believe the release date was Sept.

And the same exact shoe is releasing next year

like one small detail is probably changing thats it.

But this is my issue, its the same thing over and over and over again.

A long time ago. Adidas is going the same way thanks to Kanye & Kim. We need new blood in the shoe game.

I dont see what the big deal is though? if you bought the last release, just pass on the next one. If you missed out/ passed on the last release for whatever reason, now you have a chance to buy them again.

It seems like a good thing to me to have the classic jordans more available for purchase. That way you don't have to use bots or lineup or overpay on ebay to combat the freaks that buy them all up.

It's actually amazing marketing.

All of us that were young... Saw the old heads getting Jays left and right. We didn't have the resources to cop.

So when they re release 10 years later... And you're 26 with a full time job making $50k vs 16 making minimum wage at Kroger, you got more leeway to cop.

The cycle continues because young heads always looking up to the old heads...

It'll get diluted with each generation, but it's still going to last a few more generational cycles.

I dont see what the big deal is though? if you bought the last release, just pass on the next one. If you missed out/ passed on the last release for whatever reason, now you have a chance to buy them again.

It seems like a good thing to me to have the classic jordans more available for purchase. That way you don't have to use bots or lineup or overpay on ebay to combat the freaks that buy them all up.

Thats the problem right there, theres no variety, so the same shoe is being released everywhere, and me personally thats how they losing my money, they aint gonna lose sleep because of me lol, but its boring when the same shoe is being released everywhere

A long time ago. Adidas is going the same way thanks to Kanye & Kim. We need new blood in the shoe game.

It's there. You just gotta pay attention. There are lots of brands out there doing great things.

I will say that I hate what kanye is doing to adidas though because before thwy signed him, they would always bring back something from their archives. I loved how every year they would drop some obscure models from the past, but they stopped everything in 2015 with the superstar anniversary celebration, ultraboost catching fire, and pharrell joints. Since then, it's been only stan smiths, black/white superstars, and NMDs/UB.

Are these real bruh
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Jordans still king in DC/Maryland. J's, foams, I don't even see the adidas hype.
def agree with this. I still see people rocking foams and jays here in PG. im the very few who has ultra boosts on 
laugh.gif

Air Jordan 1's, Air Force 1's and Dunks are the archetypal sneaker imo. I will wear either of the 3 at ANY age.

I love J's as much as the next guy and always have/will, but them joints been played. Dudes 30+ in fresh J's daily is pathetic. Here and there in some sweats, :smokin

It's about quality and J's are not that.

I've liked the run up in NKE stock the last five years but this past year it hasn't done ****.

It's there. You just gotta pay attention. There are lots of brands out there doing great things.

I will say that I hate what kanye is doing to adidas though because before thwy signed him, they would always bring back something from their archives. I loved how every year they would drop some obscure models from the past, but they stopped everything in 2015 with the superstar anniversary celebration, ultraboost catching fire, and pharrell joints. Since then, it's been only stan smiths, black/white superstars, and NMDs/UB.
I'm so pissed.

I could get a pair of Superstar IIs for 60 bucks. Cheaper at outlet. Now suddenly cant find them for under 80...this is ridiculous....

I'm looking at asics, vans, and keds for my new go to brands until Adidas stops the price inflation for the hypebeasts and sheeps.

Another day, another Forbes list for basketball legend Michael Jordan. Weeks after bring named the highest paid athlete of all-time, Jordan has been named America's fourth richest celebrity of 2016.

The list, limited to entertainers, tallies the net worth of the biggest stars in the country. Jordan, worth an estimated $1.2 billion, only trails Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas. The publication also notes that his key source of income is Jordan Brand, annually a $2.8 billion sneaker and apparel business under the Nike umbrella. By 2020, Nike wants to make Jordan a $4.5 billion business, meaning it's not inconceivable that His Airness could someday top this list.

Good. Need a new pair of og 11 ie low. Release under a hunnid cause these guys on to the next one [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Certain models have become classic silhouettes; almost chuck Taylor status. So while the hype may die down they will always be in style.

However the accelerated releases, competition from aDi and their lack of street marketing are going to catch up a lil. JB super arrogant and the quality fix was one step back but the young cats are digging on puma adi and it's help them if UA designs a casual sneaker that hits.

My buddy is mad @ Jordan and has only been buying KDs and LeBrons. Why? "Jordans a ****"

lol

Last edited:
Jordans are still a staple in the hood. Are they cool? Not to me. The market is flooded and people are going crazy for someone they have never seen play or saw him on the Wizards.

As a whole, the sneaker culture is in bad shape. Suburbia helped to expedite the condition that its in now.

you gotta go to the hood..there jordans are still being rocked by any and everybody

but you are completely correct. 
most adults do not wear jordans...especially since most adult establishments that are worth a damn you would wanna dress nicer and jordans don't fit in to that category

unless you are like some of those cats on nt that go to applebees on a friday night to party 

aka these "establishments" are prejudice against people who wear certain styles of clothing

but Jordan's are far from falling off

I personally have relegated my jordan purchases to a very select few of signature numbers

I only buy 1s, 3s, 12s and 13s

the only thing that has changed is choice

other brands have positioned themselves to be appealing to wear outside of jordans

in a lot of circles nothing else was considered cool to wear if it wasn't jordans

but now there's a wider margin of acceptability in larger ranges

Last edited:
go on any block any where all u see is mikes. all the hypebeast moved on to adidas though which is cool, now GRs dont sellout and fetch ridiculous resell prices like a few years ago

Man you guys complaining about jb putting out the same shoes over and over again, I wish pairs like the blk/red 1s were always available like they've made white/white forces.

I think the hype from jb has definitely calmed down from a few years ago. The early 2010s were hell though with the influx of ppl who followed the trend.

Someone mentioned it in here, but cosign on the new cw's looking like the nicekicks fakes back in the day

Those olive green 8s coming out are fire

I dont eem mess with non og cws but theyre too nice

Back
Top Bottom