Have Jordans jumped the shark?

Those olive green 8s coming out are fire

I dont eem mess with non og cws but theyre too nice

The first pics that looked like the Undefeated IVs was better

Color blocking was nice. Not a fan of the pair that is actually releasing.

undefeated-air-jordan-8-2017-featured-681x454.jpg

kids-air-jordan-8-sequoia-max-orange-681x441.jpg

Man you guys complaining about jb putting out the same shoes over and over again, I wish pairs like the blk/red 1s were always available like they've made white/white forces.

I think the hype from jb has definitely calmed down from a few years ago. The early 2010s were hell though with the influx of ppl who followed the trend.

Someone mentioned it in here, but cosign on the new cw's looking like the nicekicks fakes back in the day
Its calmed down because prices are high and there's literally a new drop every week. It adds up. Have to pick and choose more than ever now.

View media item 2266032
those right there. they look better than any yeezy. any nmd. watever.

if you took the jump man off it would still look like an amazing sneaker.

that color on 8s trumps the olive on 9s. it just works so much better. i didn't even think about that color on 8s.

those are GREAT.

they did everything right with that.

i cannot wait to get those

Last edited:
30 plus old man here.Loved jays but stopped because of the hassle and oversaturation.Price wise with the downgraded quality just killed it for me.Props to those who still like them though.I will say,when I copped my first pair of free runs,felt the comfort,it was a wrap!!

That's fair.

I was always a all around sneakehead. I liked Jordans, some more than others but to say I loved them, nah. Foams were the only show I had a real passion for but I wouldn't say I loved them. Shoe tastes are like seasons for me. Constantly changing.

Last edited:
if you don't like air jordans now, then you didn't love them in the first place.
We can agree to disagree here. There's a lot of shoes I loved that I don't like anymore. Foamposites being another. Nike whored out the model to the point I don't want to see them anymore. Some other models were liked because of nostalgic reasons, but I grew out of it.

Haven't copped in a minute...I was peepin the true blues doe [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji] surprised they are still around.

We can agree to disagree here. There's a lot of shoes I loved that I don't like anymore. Foamposites being another. Nike whored out the model to the point I don't want to see them anymore. Some other models were liked because of nostalgic reasons, but I grew out of it.

I was out of the "sneaker game" for a minute and I'm still hyped for the royal foam release lol

My favorite shoe models releasing in tons of colors and easy to get is a blessing for me.

i swear this exact thread has been made before

somebody @ the guy wit the shark jumping over the jumpman as his av

Only jordans i'd want now are 1's and 11's. But if they still sellout in seconds on online stores and you can't walk into stores to buy them without lining up then they're not worth the hassle.

Just a different time man.

Back in the days you had to earn them J's, like you better hoop or be on some dboy fly ****...

average joes couldn't walk around with J's on, they knew better or would feel the wrath of the flames.

now any kid with their parents money can moonwalk

the shoes used to stand for something, no mas.

I aint mad, just how it used to be.

I cop a few every now a then, but its hard to pay $220 for a pair of IV's that used to be $100 with way better craftsmanship and materials. Mathematics don't add up.

man, when MJ passes, it's gonna be pandemonium. :lol:

Was just talking about this at the barbershop the other day. The subject came up somehow that Jordan's passing would be more widely and passionately celebrated than Muhammad Ali's.

The vast majority disagreed. I for one kept stating that's it's not even going to be close. The celebration of Jordan's life is going to be on epic proportions.

I know it's a morbid subject but that's just the kind of ish that comes up in the 'shop. :lol:

Just a different time man.

Back in the days you had to earn them J's, like you better hoop or be on some dboy fly ****...

average joes couldn't walk around with J's on, they knew better or would feel the wrath of the flames.

now any kid with their parents money can moonwalk

the shoes used to stand for something, no mas.

I aint mad, just how it used to be.

I cop a few every now a then, but its hard to pay $220 for a pair of IV's that used to be $100 with way better craftsmanship and materials. Mathematics don't add up.

are you secretly ghostface?

Lots of nonsense in here.

Whenever sneakers get discussed in General, it's to be expected.

And here is the problem with JB

This Nter copped banned 1s, i believe the release date was Sept.

And the same exact shoe is releasing next year

like one small detail is probably changing thats it.

But this is my issue, its the same thing over and over and over again.
I was fortunate to land a pair of Blk/Red 1's and I have no gripe if JB re-releases them again. I can understand if you paid resale for a shoe and it were to be re-released soon after why you'd be upset. I don't understand anyone being bothered though if they are a real fan of the shoe and they get a chance to secure another pair.

if you don't like air jordans now, then you didn't love them in the first place.
There is definitely some truth to this statement.

Was just talking about this at the barbershop the other day. The subject came up somehow that Jordan's passing would be more widely and passionately celebrated than Muhammad Ali's.

The vast majority disagreed. I for one kept stating that's it's not even going to be close. The celebration of Jordan's life is going to be on epic proportions.

I know it's a morbid subject but that's just the kind of ish that comes up in the 'shop. :lol:

I have to disagree with u on that, MJs funeral would not be more widely and passionately celebrated than Ali's. True MJ the athlete was amazing and did remarkable things on the court but as a person Ali was greater and had a larger impact.

Back
Top Bottom