Have Jordans jumped the shark?

Not to take anything away from Ali but when MJ passes the earth will cease spinning for a moment to pause for the GOAT.

Was just talking about this at the barbershop the other day. The subject came up somehow that Jordan's passing would be more widely and passionately celebrated than Muhammad Ali's.

The vast majority disagreed. I for one kept stating that's it's not even going to be close. The celebration of Jordan's life is going to be on epic proportions.

I know it's a morbid subject but that's just the kind of ish that comes up in the 'shop.
laugh.gif
I have to disagree with u on that, MJs funeral would not be more widely and passionately celebrated than Ali's. True MJ the athlete was amazing and did remarkable things on the court but as a person Ali was greater and had a larger impact.
And MJ is a huge self-hating *******.

Actually reading about the man himself and not the sports legend contributed to my retirement from Jordans. Refuse to even wear em now.

Not to take anything away from Ali but when MJ passes the earth will cease spinning for a moment to pause for the GOAT.

Oh no doubt about him being the GOAT basketball wise its just as a person and things he did off the court (or didnt do) he isnt close to what Ali was.

And MJ is a huge self-hating *******.

Actually reading about the man himself and not the sports legend contributed to my retirement from Jordans. Refuse to even wear em now.

As ive gotten older ive learned to appreciate athletes who do things outside of their sport. I mean they have no obligation to do anything outside of sport, but i definitely appreciate those who do a lot more. As a kid i thought MJ was god cuz of things he did and achieved on the court but as i got older i realized how much of an ******* he really is.

If you bought the V2's hold this L, and if your still rebuying the same old Jordans for higher retail and a Nike Air tag this L is for you too. Crazy how something so basic can get people in a frenzy.

If you bought the V2's hold this L, and if your still rebuying the same old Jordans for higher retail and a Nike Air tag this L is for you too. Crazy how something so basic can get people in a frenzy.
You know whats crazy

I still remember being under the shoe craze hypnosis

I woulda read your post and said verbatim: "why this ***** hating 
laugh.gif
"

When ya rolling in the sauce the game consumes you 
mean.gif

Black Cement III w/ Nike Air on the back and I'm officially done with Jordans.

I own two pairs of 1s and a pair of 5s.

Lots of nice sneakers out there that dont require stress to get and dont have the the stupid price. Got a couple Js that I rarely wear. There are a few colorways Id like to own but Im not going to break the bank or my back trying to get them They can have them.I find myself reaching for my racers or 90s most often. Even though I have " better" shoes in my collection. Ive cut back buying shoes this last year and tried to focus on actually wearing the pairs I already have.  Most people where I live dont care about sneakers, its mostly rednecks or hippies. If you have a clean pair of shoes you are already ahead. Plus its a small market so most of the cool shoes never even make it to stores. So I spend my disposable income on other things.

I completely stopped giving a **** about Jordans or sneaker collecting in general if I want a pair I'll go get it but I'm not going to go through extreme lengths anymore , I have a closet full of js I've accumulated over time and I really only like a few of em enough to wear(3-8 for the most part), for instance I'll be rocking a fresh pair of 4s until they put me in the ground regardless of what hype or the "fly boys" think about them because they're my favorite sneaker of all-time if they start selling them things at wally world then that's fine with me I'll buy like 30 pair and be set for the rest of my life

Last edited:
a cool concept would be rocking what u like and letting people do the same for themselves.

Really don't see Adidas all that often in DC/PG. Most of the ones I see in the store are terribly ugly tho, and the ones that are decent are 150+. Which seems absurd to me to spend on some Adidas, but to each his/her own.

Ewing's are popular here too for some strange reason :lol:

Everyone I've seen in NMD's, Yeezy's and Boost try to hard. I'm not saying everyone that owns them, just everyone I've seen. Jordan's went through the same weird streak a couple years back with people trying to dress up garbage like Oreo 5's. Like @sckid20 mentioned, if you aren't in love with Jordan's now, especially with them being much easier to get in years past then you never loved them in the first place.

what do u guys mean when someone "tries too hard"

i see that comment used a lot and always wondered what it meant 

Everyone I've seen in NMD's, Yeezy's and Boost try to hard. I'm not saying everyone that owns them, just everyone I've seen. Jordan's went through the same weird streak a couple years back with people trying to dress up garbage like Oreo 5's. Like @sckid20
mentioned, if you aren't in love with Jordan's now, especially with them being much easier to get in years past then you never loved them in the first place.

That's a strong statement, my g.

People grow. People change.

Jordan brand grew... Jordan brand changed.

Back
Top Bottom