Have people become this comfortable selling “UAs”??

EDIT: Looks what I wanted this thread to accomplish has done just that. I’ve reported many times in the past only for bogus listings to stay up. BOOM the seller I mentioned below has their listings removed it looks like. Good job to whoever helped report. Looks like another seller I had my eye on has their listings removed as well. A small W but I will take it as improvement no matter how little. :lol:

This is exactly what I’m trying to fight against. There’s a movement of young folks that see no reason at all to buy authentic. And even make fun of people for “wasting their money” on authentic sneakers. Well guess what? If nobody bought authentic then there wouldn’t be anything for the replica factories to copy. And then what??

I thought this was worth a new thread. **** has gotten out of hand. You now have people listing “UAs” and even admitting they’re “UA” in the listing. Anyone can hop on Reddit and find out where to get the highest quality replica Jordan 11s for well under $100. And most of us know that there’s no such thing as unauthorized authentic and that is just a term created by the replica sellers and their middlemen. Unfortunately there are plenty of folks out there that believe they are getting unauthorized authentic sneakers made in the same factory as retail pairs in stores. Nope.

But to turn around and try to flip them on eBay for $250? No. All three of these listings pictured in the description it reads “high quality uas”. As a community we should work to limit the success of this kind of **** as much as possible. I reported it just as I do for any obvious fake. It doesn’t get anymore obvious here when the seller admits it and the price also reflects it.
33B7BA72-469B-4854-8F32-068238A98933.jpeg

54F4D5E9-F725-4A07-A34E-509FC8833388.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't wear fakes, but I don't knock a another person for not falling into the trap of consumerism. Especially when the "sneaker game" has turned into a 3 headed monster that is almost impossible to catch pairs at retail.

Honestly you caring about other people and how they spending their money is weird.

I completely understand how you feel. And I would never promote or influence anyone to buy a fake anything. But its like this for me. If I see a person wearing an easy spotted fake Jordan, I still look at em. But in no way could I judge a dude when I dont know his situations. Maybe the person dont know, maybe they just dont care. Or maybe their personal income wont allow it. Who knows. Its not like JB is making things any easier now a days. No excuse, just stating the obvious.
As far as the seller here goes. Is it wrong? Yes, without question. But, at least the seller is being honest with his listing. Which is rare. I dont know where "UA" are sold, dont care. I have scanned through those super cheap sites for some laughs though. Either way we look at it, Fake to Real, we still all overpay for a product that dont cost much to make in the first place.

OP I understand how you feel. It’s been very flagrant on eBay.

but I understand the other side too. To each his/her own. I personally wouldn’t patronize that.

I got got on a pair of Fear of Gods...

...wasn’t hip to the 2020 fake game and the price was too good to pass up on eBay - I copped quick fast...

...had a ***** tell me they were reps at a boutique, but that’s only because he inspected the **** out them **** for minutes, and even then it was “I think they’re replicas bro” - so even he wasn’t a 100%...

...you think I still wear em or not? Here’s a hint, I have them on right now...

...would I purposely buy more? Prolly not, but if people can make damn near the same quality and sell em for much cheaper, then Nike has a serious problem on their hands.

awesome thread:emoji_laughing:

to me its crazy to care about what some other dude wears, sells, or spends his money on...

i have a couple of kids...they definately have their own lane and are not into the things i was into as a kid no matter how much i pressure them into it (basketball, street fighter, super mario, etc)...

young kids buying fake 11s probably werent even born when 11s came out so it really has no sentimental value to them...old dudes buying fake 11s probably are not into doing raffles or hunting on their phone for shoes...

either way...i kinda enjoy good looking fakes being around w all the nonsense companies put the consumer through...companies should cater to their customers...you have to admit buying a shoe you like has become a pain in the ***

What is really nuts is how China's counterfeit manufacturers introduced and began marketing the label/term "unauthorized" or "UA" into reddit subs and other social media about 3 or so years ago, for the sole purpose of making the idea of buying counterfeits sound and seem more acceptable, and people just ate it all up. The public's perception was so easily manipulated just by accepting a downright unbelievable claim that "these pairs come from the same factories owned by Nike, they're the same and just not authorized" even though they arent the same to the trained eye and clearly inconsistent when you shine a black light on them. Its as ridiculous as a girl saying "I don't have fake boob implants, they're natural but unauthorized by god."

They should do a system where sellers have to upload actual pics of the item with their seller name etc.

What is really nuts is how China's counterfeit manufacturers introduced and began marketing the label/term "unauthorized" or "UA" into reddit subs and other social media about 3 or so years ago, for the sole purpose of making the idea of buying counterfeits sound and seem more acceptable, and people just ate it all up. The public's perception was so easily manipulated just by accepting a downright unbelievable claim that "these pairs come from the same factories owned by Nike, they're the same and just not authorized" even though they arent the same to the trained eye and clearly inconsistent when you shine a black light on them. Its as ridiculous as a girl saying "I don't have fake boob implants, they're natural but unauthorized by god."
The “UA” thing started a lot longer ago than three or so years LOL
The name of this thread should be Beating the Dead Equine Vol 106
:rofl:
Could use the NT tagline: Since‘99.

I don't wear fakes, but I don't knock a another person for not falling into the trap of consumerism. Especially when the "sneaker game" has turned into a 3 headed monster that is almost impossible to catch pairs at retail.

Honestly you caring about other people and how they spending their money is weird.
:rofl: I knew this would come up. If everyone bought fakes instead of authentic then we wouldn’t have authentics at all. Are you slow? :lol: So yes I do care about how other people spend their money.
Regardless of these philosophical ways to look at it, it’s illegal. Counterfeit goods are a serious problem across industries. That’s reason enough not to support it.
Exactly. I could EASILY source high quality replicas right now and flip them but I choose not to. Some of these slow folks don’t get why it’s not right.

You do realize, some ppl will see this and buy from this seller. Because you didn't edit his his eBay id
The only people that have bought from this seller are people that don’t even know they’re fake or what a “UA” is (or isn’t actually). If I were to buy high quality reps why would I buy from an eBay seller for over double the cost??? :rofl:

Look guys. Even the folks that buy NOTHING but reps don’t agree with selling “UAs” for more than twice what you paid for them and easily sourced. And those boys don’t even use the term UA. I wonder why lol

There’s a growing number of people who actually believe that a “UA” is authentic and that they’re getting the legit product backdoored. These ignorant people are being taken advantage of and it’s not right at all.

Last edited:
I completely understand how you feel. And I would never promote or influence anyone to buy a fake anything. But its like this for me. If I see a person wearing an easy spotted fake Jordan, I still look at em. But in no way could I judge a dude when I dont know his situations. Maybe the person dont know, maybe they just dont care. Or maybe their personal income wont allow it. Who knows. Its not like JB is making things any easier now a days. No excuse, just stating the obvious.
As far as the seller here goes. Is it wrong? Yes, without question. But, at least the seller is being honest with his listing. Which is rare. I dont know where "UA" are sold, dont care. I have scanned through those super cheap sites for some laughs though. Either way we look at it, Fake to Real, we still all overpay for a product that dont cost much to make in the first place.
First of all I have never called out anyone for wearing a fake and I never would. Second of all in my OP the only people I mentioned judging are the young idiots that laugh AT ME AND YOU for “wasting our money on authentic”. The geniuses don’t get it that if nobody bought authentic like THEM there wouldn’t BE anything TO replicate, and they wouldn’t be able to buy their precious reps.

second of all dude, and you know this better than most, how is this seller being honest when there is no such thing as UA in the first place????? No the seller isn’t being honest. But he is being AUDACIOUS. Audacious not honest my man.

Yea the seller is most definitely being shady by putting that little disclaimer at the end. Most people wouldn’t even understand “these are high quality uas.” If I didn’t know any better (like the average consumer) I’d just assume that was a typo or something.

The price should be a dead giveaway though. Penny pinching and looking for the absolute cheapest in this hobby makes no sense to me. I look for reliable sources and reasonable prices.

EBay really could do a better job weeding those out.

Exactly. I could EASILY source high quality replicas right now and flip them but I choose not to. Some of these slow folks don’t get why it’s not right.
First of all I have never called out anyone for wearing a fake and I never would. Second of all in my OP the only people I mentioned judging are the young idiots that laugh AT ME AND YOU for “wasting our money on authentic”. The geniuses don’t get it that if nobody bought authentic like THEM there wouldn’t BE anything TO replicate, and they wouldn’t be able to buy their precious reps.

second of all dude, and you know this better than most, how is this seller being honest when there is no such thing as UA in the first place????? No the seller isn’t being honest. But he is being AUDACIOUS. Audacious not honest my man.
Several years ago, a local gas station/mini mart was selling AF1s from behind the counter. One day as I was buying something else, I said to the guy working, you know those sneakers are counterfeits, right? If I were you guys, I’d think hard about whether it’s a good idea to be selling product like that out of your otherwise seemingly legitimate business. Two weeks later, I was back in there and the shoes were gone. And I never saw them selling them again. I don’t know if they thought I was a cop but they definitely stopped selling them.

As for the newest round of newbs who are misinformed about UAs, this whole thing comes up every couple or few years. Personally, I couldn’t care less about what some nitwit millennials think about people paying the real MSRP for authentic products :lol:

OK, in my time ever with this hobby I have never heard anyone bag on someone that buys an authentic of anything. Second, yes the small ua print at the very end of the listing description is a red flag of bull**** I did not think of initially. So yes, he or she may be "audacious". But if people buy em, what do you do?
But in this case, if there are people that laugh at guys like you and I, so the **** what. Let them laugh with their fake ****.
If people want to spend their money on something not authentic, let em. Do I support it? No. Do I give a ****? No.. The Air Jordan line is obviously not the only thing counterfeited here. The crusade of stopping fakes is an impossible task. The regulations overseas are far different than they are here as you know. The best way to AVOID the problem is NOW luckily landing a pair at retail from a retail chain. But for some reason, the great people at Nike/JB have no problem making that difficult for us to do. While at the same time "fighting against fakes". Its unfortunate that some cannot obtain an item the traditional retail way of buying them straight up in a store. Nike too concerned about their appeal and status. Not the true consumer.
If we really want to look at the core problem here, it is the overpriced under produced sneakers they make with intention. The guy that sells a fake is no different than a guy that sells a shoe for triple of they paid for. Those people are not in this hobby. They are in for the money. Authentic or not, its about money.

Several years ago, a local gas station/mini mart was selling AF1s from behind the counter. One day as I was buying something else, I said to the guy working, you know those sneakers are counterfeits, right? If I were you guys, I’d think hard about whether it’s a good idea to be selling product like that out of your otherwise seemingly legitimate business. Two weeks later, I was back in there and the shoes were gone. And I never saw them selling them again. I don’t know if they thought I was a cop but they definitely stopped selling them.

Who the hell goes to a local gas station/mini mart to buy sneakers?

OK, in my time ever with this hobby I have never heard anyone bag on someone that buys an authentic of anything. Second, yes the small ua print at the very end of the listing description is a red flag of bull**** I did not think of initially. So yes, he or she may be "audacious". But if people buy em, what do you do?
But in this case, if there are people that laugh at guys like you and I, so the **** what. Let them laugh with their fake ****.
If people want to spend their money on something not authentic, let em. Do I support it? No. Do I give a ****? No.. The Air Jordan line is obviously not the only thing counterfeited here. The crusade of stopping fakes is an impossible task. The regulations overseas are far different than they are here as you know. The best way to AVOID the problem is NOW luckily landing a pair at retail from a retail chain. But for some reason, the great people at Nike/JB have no problem making that difficult for us to do. While at the same time "fighting against fakes". Its unfortunate that some cannot obtain an item the traditional retail way of buying them straight up in a store. Nike too concerned about their appeal and status. Not the true consumer.
If we really want to look at the core problem here, it is the overpriced under produced sneakers they make with intention. The guy that sells a fake is no different than a guy that sells a shoe for triple of they paid for. Those people are not in this hobby. They are in for the money. Authentic or not, its about money.

Damn, well said, fam.

Who the hell goes to a local gas station/mini mart to buy sneakers?
LOL exactly. It wasn’t like a typical gas station, though. One of those larger places that also had a whole side inventory of shirts, hats, bongs, etc. Not in the best part of town, either. But it definitely was suspect, which is why I couldn’t help myself that day when I said something to them.

I have a question since eBay just implemented a new plan that you have to send the shoes to a third-party to authorize them
would the third-party team stop the sale of these Specific Auctions ?

I thought this would have been met with more support since my logic is irrefutable.

BUT I will say this. If I ever abandon my morals (and logic) and decide to sell replicas (there’s no such thing as UA and the people selling them know it), I’m glad to know so many of you genius NTers will support that endeavor.

For the slow folks, I never attacked anyone that wears reps other than the ones that make fun of us for wearing authentic (and there are plenty of young gen z minimalists that can afford authentic but choose to buy reps instead all the while laughing at people who buy retails). I can’t believe I feel the need to say this again because it was in my OP but if everyone bought reps then there wouldn’t be reps at all eventually when authentics cease to be produced. This little irrefutable piece of logic went over the heads of all the “duuuhhh it’s weird to care about what someone else spends their money on derrrrr duhhh” geniuses.:rofl:

I’ve said everything that I need to say regarding this subject

Back
Top Bottom