Have people become this comfortable selling “UAs”??

I thought this would have been met with more support since my logic is irrefutable.

BUT I will say this. If I ever abandon my morals (and logic) and decide to sell replicas (there’s no such thing as UA and the people selling them know it), I’m glad to know so many of you genius NTers will support that endeavor.

For the slow folks, I never attacked anyone that wears reps other than the ones that make fun of us for wearing authentic (and there are plenty of young gen z minimalists that can afford authentic but choose to buy reps instead all the while laughing at people who buy retails). I can’t believe I feel the need to say this again because it was in my OP but if everyone bought reps then there wouldn’t be reps at all eventually when authentics cease to be produced. This little irrefutable piece of logic went over the heads of all the “duuuhhh it’s weird to care about what someone else spends their money on derrrrr duhhh” geniuses.:rofl:

I’ve said everything that I need to say regarding this subject

You clearly care about this way too much.

all i gotta say is that i’ve never in my life experienced nor heard of anyone being laughed at for paying full retail for an authentic pair of shoes by someone wearing reps/fakes/UA or whatever you wanna call them

if anything it’s more of people looking down on people with the fakes. only take that you see nowadays is people paying those ridiculous prices for those “custom bootlegs” on those dunks or AJ1s where the swoosh is altered

all i gotta say is that i’ve never in my life experienced nor heard of anyone being laughed at for paying full retail for an authentic pair of shoes by someone wearing reps/fakes/UA or whatever you wanna call them

if anything it’s more of people looking down on people with the fakes. only take that you see nowadays is people paying those ridiculous prices for those “custom bootlegs” on those dunks or AJ1s where the swoosh is altered

I think a big part of it is that a lot of people who have authentic pairs of hyped releases feel a sense of exclusivity that they feel people wearing fakes impedes upon (since they didn’t have to cough up exorbitant resale or jump through hoops/win the lottery to get a pair for resale). I still think this is the minority of sneakerheads but, at the end of the day, any long term sneaker collector will tell you-the only person your sneaker collection should appease is yourself.. Unless you work for (or are heavily invested in) one of these major sneaker brands and need to grow business, you really shouldn’t care about what other people put on their feet.

It's levels to this... Where do you think 99.7 percent of early sellers get their inventory from???

Back in the day when all the Ocks had jays a couple months before they dropped .. something was always a bit fishy about it but most people thought since Ock is selling it early for 300 it's a good deal...

back in the day fakes weren't made at the same facilities as the authentic but these days they are... Or at least have the same source materials ..

If you pay 80 bucks for a pair of fakes off DJgate they won't be as good as the 160 UA counterpart...

Then the guy who buys the 160 UA model gets them through stockx cause they look damn near the same down to the stitching..

It's crazy these days...I want a pair of space jams but I don't want a UA pair nor do I want to spend 350 on a pair either ..

If nike didn’t make copping sneakers damn near like playing the lotto maybe UA/repilicas/fakes wouldn’t be as much of a thing as it is right now.

While I wouldn’t cop a pair of UA sneakers I don’t look down on those that do. In fact I hope enough ppl do to **** on Nike. Nike will not change if it doesn’t hurt them financially or if it doesn’t hurt their image.

You see what kind of company Nike is by paying attention to how they moved during the crack epidemic, how they’re moving through this pandemic, etc. They don’t give a **** about the consumer.

Loyalty to a brand that doesn’t care for its customers has to be hard to come by but they have people wrapped around their fingers. If I had to pay resale or pay retail for a UA I would buy the UA. Nike doesn’t care about me and I don’t care if I support Nike or the warehouse that sells them out of the back door. No loyalty to me gets no loyalty back

I don’t wear fakes, but I’d expect it as inevitable if I played the eBay game. Luckily I don’t. If I can’t get a pair on release day, there’s a high likelihood that I’ll just chalk it up on that particular pair. Haven’t bought a pair of Jordan’s since the concords, when I was able to cop at an actual Nike store.

I don’t wear fakes, but I’d expect it as inevitable if I played the eBay game. Luckily I don’t. If I can’t get a pair on release day, there’s a high likelihood that I’ll just chalk it up on that particular pair. Haven’t bought a pair of Jordan’s since the concords, when I was able to cop at an actual Nike store.
This right here would dictate Nike’s numbers and kill the resell game but people are so thirsty it’s a different world for sneakers.

If nike didn’t make copping sneakers damn near like playing the lotto maybe UA/repilicas/fakes wouldn’t be as much of a thing as it is right now.

While I wouldn’t cop a pair of UA sneakers I don’t look down on those that do. In fact I hope enough ppl do to **** on Nike. Nike will not change if it doesn’t hurt them financially or if it doesn’t hurt their image.

You see what kind of company Nike is by paying attention to how they moved during the crack epidemic, how they’re moving through this pandemic, etc. They don’t give a **** about the consumer.

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a Nike addict and tell you I’m biased, so feel free to take what I’m sayin with a grain of salt...

....buuuuuuuut, is that really Nike’s responsibility tho?

Interesting topic.

It seems like kids have come full circle - buy sneakers to resell for ridiculous prices, other kids miss out but want to feel socially accepted so they buy reps, now they laugh at people who buy authentics.

I do partly blame the big companies though, because if they made enough to kill resale then people wouldn't really have to turn to reps. For a lot of people buying reps is a good alternative to enjoying the sneaker culture while not going broke trying to pay resale prices.

This right here would dictate Nike’s numbers and kill the resell game but people are so thirsty it’s a different world for sneakers.

Interesting topic.

It seems like kids have come full circle - buy sneakers to resell for ridiculous prices, other kids miss out but want to feel socially accepted so they buy reps, now they laugh at people who buy authentics.

I do partly blame the big companies though, because if they made enough to kill resale then people wouldn't really have to turn to reps. For a lot of people buying reps is a good alternative to enjoying the sneaker culture while not going broke trying to pay resale prices.

I think people view sneakers differently nowadays, especially with younger sneakerheads.. There’s literally popular “sneaker investment” advice YouTube channels. It’s hilarious because this is a completely fabricated resale market since Nike could damn near kill it by producing more product but this market actually mutually benefits the brand in perceived value.

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a Nike addict and tell you I’m biased, so feel free to take what I’m sayin with a grain of salt...

....buuuuuuuut, is that really Nike’s responsibility tho?
It is to a certain extent. They know they have die hard and loyal customers but refuse to cater to them and only go after the day to day consumer mostly. Annoying

Think rocking fake **** is wack personally but I would never go out my way to chastise someone who does because they have nothing to do with me and what I wear. What I have a serious issue with is sellers who lie and mislead consumers into thinking they're buying something 100% authentic when they're actually not. Another thing that blows my mind is people paying retail and sometimes even more for fakes. Why would anyone knowingly pay more for something inauthentic is beyond me, don't care how good they claim the quality is its still not the real deal.

With the promeince of reselling and Nike cutting back stock again cause they don't want **** sitting on shelves no more like a few years back I've learned to practice patience or just go without altogether

Mom and Pop Stores are becoming extinct, Nike recently ended a 50 plus year union with a retailer here in the Bronx that sold kicks but also sporting goods. It’s a different ball game.

Last edited:
I see a few people saying they don’t care what the next person is doing/wearing, I get that but the issues here is bigger then not calling someone out for wearing fakes. The problem is people are buying fakes and selling them to other people. Just because one EBay seller lists them as “GM” doesn’t mean all will and having fakes out in the market mixing in with the legit pairs is a BIG PROBLEM That could potentially affect almost everyone on Niketalk. Fakes or GM or whatever are illegal and are a inferior product and should not be accepted in the sneaker community IMO. I get not calling someone out for wearing fakes because you don’t know their situation but it’s the people that buy whole size runs off of the counterfeiters in China and sell them as legit or saying they’re GM but made in the same factory that are the problem.

I see a few people saying they don’t care what the next person is doing/wearing, I get that but the issues here is bigger then not calling someone out for wearing fakes. The problem is people are buying fakes and selling them to other people. Just because one EBay seller lists them as “GM” doesn’t mean all will and having fakes out in the market mixing in with the legit pairs is a BIG PROBLEM That could potentially affect almost everyone on Niketalk. Fakes or GM or whatever are illegal and are a inferior product and should not be accepted in the sneaker community IMO. I get not calling someone out for wearing fakes because you don’t know their situation but it’s the people that buy whole size runs off of the counterfeiters in China and sell them as legit or saying they’re GM but made in the same factory that are the problem.
As long as China and other countries can play by their own rules, how can it truly be stopped? It cannot be done by having a ton of people just sit and report what they think they see on ebay. Too many opinions vary along with potentially discrediting of resellers with authentics. So thats where Im at with it. What can we really do to stop it besides not buy them?

Wouldn’t this problem be easily solved if companies like Nike simply upped production? Why buy a potential fake when you can go on NDC and grab a legit pair easily on release day?

Wouldn’t this problem be easily solved if companies like Nike simply upped production? Why buy a potential fake when you can go on NDC and grab a legit pair easily on release day?
Nike says they are trying to stop it. But are they? It seems to be working quite in their favor so far.

I don’t think it would solve the the problem completely but it would definitely help tremendously.

i do not condone selling fakes, but being realistic, there’s no real way to stop it

too many sites out there selling knockoffs nowadays are set up looking like legit and will get the attention of the average person that doesn’t know better and just assumes they’re getting a really good deal. don’t forget that money is always the most important factor and if anyone thinks they can save money, then they’ll go for the cheaper option

onto the global standpoint, not sure if many of you have gone into asia, but fakes and knock offs are literally sold everywhere, especially in third world countries where they literally have stands selling fake shoes

fake shoes are hurting peoples feelings more than Nikes bottom line...Nike makes alot of $$$$$, enjoy the shoes...Nike will be fine

20201027_181811.jpg

onto the global standpoint, not sure if many of you have gone into asia, but fakes and knock offs are literally sold everywhere, especially in third world countries where they literally have stands selling fake shoes

I forget who quoted it but to some extent some designers know they've made it when they go to other countries and see mounds of their fake gear. I've been to a ton of markets around the world and at one point Supreme was EVERYWHERE.

To some degree everything is faked. Its a much bigger problem that just sneakers. However, in a first world country like America where people are literally spending thousands of dollars to buy a single pair, why wouldn't we expect a counterfeit market to thrive?

I'm kinda surprised no one brought up the "Bootlegs support terrorism" thing, also not sure how true that is.

Some how the fake industry is at an all time high with counterfeit shoes, but Nike themselves are at an all time high as well. Hmmm. Would you not think something would give here? Yet, Nike somehow is OK with the millions made off the resell market of their real shoes where they do not seem to profit at all from. Hmmm. To a money hungry, cost cutting, low waging brand like Nike Inc, something does not make the equation work for me here.

Back
Top Bottom