Have/Would You Use Coupons On a Date?

depends on the status of your relationship with this girl.. not how long you've been dating... if you are straight up and say "i got a greatdeal...but i have to use this coupon" and be casual about it, laugh it off, it shouldn't be an issue
if trouble arises
drop the "ITS A RECESSION" line

Originally Posted by sendtheroses

depends on the status of your relationship with this girl.. not how long you've been dating... if you are straight up and say "i got a great deal...but i have to use this coupon" and be casual about it, laugh it off, it shouldn't be an issue
if trouble arises
drop the "ITS A RECESSION" line
exactly just play it off like its no biggie

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

there are nice reasonably priced restaurants that aren't franchised or corporate. not all of them are insanely priced. you just needa do your hw.
1. So you would NEVER take your girl (long term) on a date to a place that accept coupons?

2. So EVERY eat out, has to be at a NICE restaurant?
I think you're trying to bait this young lady (no Chris Hansen)

1. If you eat at applebees, chilis, etc...they take coupons...I'm sure 90% of NT'ers have eaten at one of these restaurants

2. Take are restaurant like Pio Pio in Jackson Heights for example....it's just Peruvian style chicken, nothing fancy....but, the decor is great and theyhave a good atmosphere (and sangria)....the two of you can eat for under $25, and guranteed you and your date will have a good time....it's real easy tokeep things simple/cost effective and ensure that everyone has a great time....

there are nice reasonably priced restaurants that aren't franchised or corporate. not all of them are insanely priced. you just needa do your hw.
1. So you would NEVER take your girl (long term) on a date to a place that accept coupons?

if you saw my initial post in my thread, i said

roll.gif
if that's wifey then it's whatever but if it's your first date then it will also be your last date.

i was in a relationship for three years. i know how it goes. with a long term relationship nothing really matters... go to applebees and whatnot
laugh.gif

but if i went on a first date (or 2nd or 3rd) these days and some guy tried to pull that #@%%......
smh.gif
if the check came and dude pulled out a coupon, iwould just pick up the check and put it on my card to save the both of us the embarrassment.

i mean i know times is rough (and tough like leather ) but if your funds are not up then you shouldn't be taking agirl out to eat anyway. there are plenty other cheaper, funner activities to do. think outside the box. it's all about complimenting what you do have(creativity), instead of making her focus on what you don't have ($$$$)

roll.gif
if that's wifey then it's whatever but if it's your first date then it will also be your last date.

i was in a relationship for three years. i know how it goes. with a long term relationship nothing really matters... go to applebees and whatnot
laugh.gif

but if i went on a first date (or 2nd or 3rd) these days and some guy tried to pull that #@%%......
smh.gif
if the check came and dude pulled out a coupon, i would just pick up the check and put it on my card to save the both of us the embarrassment.

i mean i know times is rough (and tough like leather ) but if your funds are not up then you shouldn't be taking a girl out to eat anyway. there are plenty other cheaper, funner activities to do. think outside the box. it's all about complimenting what you do have (creativity), instead of making her focus on what you don't have ($$$$)
Hey Simply I got 2 coupons for Red Lobster..One for me and one for you
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Make sure you hide 2 99cent Arizona Ice Teas in your pursethough, red lobster drinks are expensive
tongue.gif

j.k..I would be ashamed of myself if i took a girl to Red Lobster...Thei biscuits are
glasses.gif
though

roll.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif
if the check came and dude pulled out a coupon, i would just pick up the check and put it on my card to save the both of us the embarrassment.

i mean i know times is rough (and tough like leather ) but if your funds are not up then you shouldn't be taking a girl out to eat anyway. there are plenty other cheaper, funner activities to do. think outside the box. it's all about complimenting what you do have (creativity), instead of making her focus on what you don't have ($$$$)
hits the nail on the head. cooking dinner with a lady is a lot more fun than you think... plus the satisfaction in knowing that you made a damngood meal is a great feeling.

What makes y'all think nice restaurants don't have coupons? I went to a fantastic japanese joint in ny whose name i can't remember, got on theiremail list and they periodically send coupons.

So forget the coupon

I shouldn't take a girl out to Applebees as a first date?
I'd stay away from cheaper chain restaurants...chances are you can find better food at "non-chain" owned restaurants (at the sameprice) if you do your research.

*And coupons aren't limited to "cheaper" restaurants....Ruths Chris has a "special" for a limited time where you get a 3 course mealfor $39.99. They may not give coupons at RC, but they hide their discounts by way of "specials."

So forget the coupon

depends how old you are.... i have a feeling you are young, but no you really shouldn't.... just shows a lack of thought.

like by me....across the street from fridays there is this really cute fairly cheap thai place and next door a japanese place..... would cost the same as thesecorporate places, but says a lot... and makes a world of difference. if you really dont care much about the girl, then who cares where you take her, but if youdo want to pursue her then just put some thought into it.

please just listen to me... with women... it's the thought that counts. cliche... but the truth.

Save the coupons for some other time..this is the wrong time to use it. If u gonna use a coupon, just try not to let her see

Originally Posted by FlyNY

j.k..I would be ashamed of myself if i took a girl to Red Lobster...Thei biscuits are
glasses.gif
though
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
you a damn lying fool
laugh.gif
you know you thought going to red lobster was doing it until NT (aka I)ripped you a new one.

Eh, I used one to get into Six Flags (Pay for one, other admission is free). No biggie, I'm not going to pretend like I'm doing it, when I never am.

- I don't understand, though.

- Why is using coupons viewed socially in a negative context? Frequently producing feelings of shame/embarrassment (assumedly due to perceived lack of resources) for the customer at time of redemption.

- The coupons were provided by the establishment to entice potential customers, as well as provide economic relief. During a period as such, recession, youwould think the overall connotation would be more positive...

- I'm perplexed...

So forget the coupon

depends how old you are.... i have a feeling you are young, but no you really shouldn't.... just shows a lack of thought.

like by me....across the street from fridays there is this really cute fairly cheap thai place and next door a japanese place..... would cost the same as these corporate places, but says a lot... and makes a world of difference. if you really dont care much about the girl, then who cares where you take her, but if you do want to pursue her then just put some thought into it.

please just listen to me... with women... it's the thought that counts. cliche... but the truth.
QFT

I used movie coupons once on a date, made the girl go buy popcorn than I quickly used the coupons to pay for the movie
grin.gif
ended up gettin some gyna that night
pimp.gif

Honestly, as long as your date dont see u use the coupon than its all good, Im forever gonna be using coupons on dates..I havnt found a broad that was worthusing money on.

Free movie + Free gyna FTW!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
You basically payin for gyna if you take a broad on a date (thats if she lets usmash after the date)

Reading some of these posts and one particularly let me know I couldn't take Simply on a date. We'd have "get togethers", probably invite youwhen the boys going out and splurging. I don't do that type of shhh on first dates. I keep it creative but if I want to go to BBQs, Rubbs, Jack In The Box,5 Guys Burgers that's where we going and I'll have all types of discounts word to Mayor and his internet coupons...

Only when I'm really feeling a girl and I see it getting serious would I pull out the Carolines/Laugh Factory, Justins/40-40 club type date.

EDIT - Don't forget guys nothing wrong with the movies(No IMax)
laugh.gif

First Date- Nice Restaurant, pay the bill.

Everything after - Whatever the checkbook allows.

Besides, I'm not a big fan of taking a girl to restaurant/movie. Chicks love the mini golf.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom