Have you ever truly been heartbroken? How did you deal with it?

Originally Posted by peks03

concentrate on yourself, your own success and keep it moving.
QFT

yep...........do you, put yourself first...........dont give a ()#*$#

they still gonna throw the P your way.

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Robert De Niro
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Robert De Niro
pimp.gif

First step in getting over a heartbreak...Make a thread on NT. There is therapeutic value in posting a girl problem thread on NT and having your peers chime in on your situation. It helps give you perspective (some good, some bad) and even though you may not take any advice people have posted...you feel much better getting #*%+ off your chest.

From my personal experience there is no one right answer in this thread. For me personally I used many of the things posted in this thread I worked out, bettered myself school-wise and financially, read more, started getting at other females, and blah blah blah. It's been a year and I still haven't found a stable relationship but you know what...who gives a #$*#. I say distancing yourself from your ex is a must, there can be no friendship only very very rarely. travel and def. take some time out for yourself to be alone and just think inside your own space to confront all the bad #*%+ going on in your life and just stop living a life that is over-consumed with thinking about "what if this and if I had done that". You can't change the past, realize and accept that fact, adapt from mistakes and your 90% completed on your way to mend a broken heart. the other 10% is an individualized hurdle that is different for everyone and that part to overcome is the hardest because only with a real good self-assessment of what you are now and what/where you see yourself going are you able to move past that point.

GL.

First step in getting over a heartbreak...Make a thread on NT. There is therapeutic value in posting a girl problem thread on NT and having your peers chime in on your situation. It helps give you perspective (some good, some bad) and even though you may not take any advice people have posted...you feel much better getting #*%+ off your chest.

From my personal experience there is no one right answer in this thread. For me personally I used many of the things posted in this thread I worked out, bettered myself school-wise and financially, read more, started getting at other females, and blah blah blah. It's been a year and I still haven't found a stable relationship but you know what...who gives a #$*#. I say distancing yourself from your ex is a must, there can be no friendship only very very rarely. travel and def. take some time out for yourself to be alone and just think inside your own space to confront all the bad #*%+ going on in your life and just stop living a life that is over-consumed with thinking about "what if this and if I had done that". You can't change the past, realize and accept that fact, adapt from mistakes and your 90% completed on your way to mend a broken heart. the other 10% is an individualized hurdle that is different for everyone and that part to overcome is the hardest because only with a real good self-assessment of what you are now and what/where you see yourself going are you able to move past that point.

GL.

Im going through one right now, and it feels horrible.

We had been together since about last november, it was going great, but in june we both had to go our separate ways we to each other we would try to make it work. I came to LA for an internship and she was going to spend 3 months in costa rica/mexico doing stuff for school and visiting family. Everything was going fine for 2 months, we talked on the phone, email, skype and text. But in the last month, she stopped calling as frequently and when she did call it sounded like she only did it because she was supposed to and not because she wanted to talk to me (I did not realize this until this weekend when she ended and looked back to see if I could find out when exactly she began to change). So we finally see each other this past weekend and she hits me with the “i want to break up, I just dont have the same feeling as I did before I left.

Im going through one right now, and it feels horrible.

We had been together since about last november, it was going great, but in june we both had to go our separate ways we to each other we would try to make it work. I came to LA for an internship and she was going to spend 3 months in costa rica/mexico doing stuff for school and visiting family. Everything was going fine for 2 months, we talked on the phone, email, skype and text. But in the last month, she stopped calling as frequently and when she did call it sounded like she only did it because she was supposed to and not because she wanted to talk to me (I did not realize this until this weekend when she ended and looked back to see if I could find out when exactly she began to change). So we finally see each other this past weekend and she hits me with the “i want to break up, I just dont have the same feeling as I did before I left.

Originally Posted by mke49er

honestly bro hollering at other females didn't really help me. i just thought about it a lot and tried to learn from all that happened so i could become a better person. Once i grew as a person i wasn't tripping off her anymore, although i still got love for her as just a friend now. And listening to songs that related to the situation helped when i was feeling really bad.
QFT..i did the same thing. When you have time to yourself you tend to think a lot about the things that happen and how it affects you as a person.

you took the words out of my mouth.

Originally Posted by mke49er

honestly bro hollering at other females didn't really help me. i just thought about it a lot and tried to learn from all that happened so i could become a better person. Once i grew as a person i wasn't tripping off her anymore, although i still got love for her as just a friend now. And listening to songs that related to the situation helped when i was feeling really bad.
QFT..i did the same thing. When you have time to yourself you tend to think a lot about the things that happen and how it affects you as a person.

you took the words out of my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom