Having a License But Not Being Able To Drive Unappreciation

mad.gif
I might be the only one on here. But i was just wondering if this has/ishappening to anyone else. I have my license but my parents dont let me drive by myself.
eyes.gif
This seems to run in my family for this generation, my sister had to wait ayear after getting her license but she failed her first test and my cousin also had to wait a year (passed test her first time). If this has happened toanyone, can you tell me how you got your parents to let you drive. I hate this so much, I see people getting their license and driving right away and im stucknot being able to drive.

I already have a car. But they dont let me drive. I just dont get it. Their reason is "you need to get used to the road" and "why do you need torush driving." But there is no reason for me to even have a license if i cant drive by myself, i might as well have a permit.

^ How old are you fam?

If you have your license already and you "need to get used to the road", then somethings wrong.

Originally Posted by ThEbAyKiD415

I already have a car. But they dont let me drive. I just dont get it. Their reason is "you need to get used to the road" and "why do you need to rush driving." But there is no reason for me to even have a license if i cant drive by myself, i might as well have a permit.

man that must suck
smh.gif

i think they're afraid of the thought of you being out there on the road by yourself...you really gotta sit them down one day and explain your issuewith that and have your mom or dad in the passenger seat and show them you can handle yourself out there on the street...

just a suggestion

I'm gonna have to admit, I didn't start getting used to the road until I started driving alone
grin.gif
. Just gotta be sure you know everything.. cause you might not know what to do at certainsituations. Your parents are just looking out for you fam.

DaT SiCk KiD wrote:
man that must suck
smh.gif

i think they're afraid of the thought of you being out there on the road by yourself...you really gotta sit them down one day and explain your issue with that and have your mom or dad in the passenger seat and show them you can handle yourself out there on the street...

just a suggestion

I try to talk to them about it but they dont listen. And i drive with them in the car all the time. They also tell me that people who started drivinglive closer to school (I live in SF but go to school in SSF).

That totally sucks man. But I have a question, not to thread jack but.. What would happen if you get pulled over in NY driving on your permitALONE in a car? (with no traffic violations committed like speeding and such)

yea i know theyre looking out for me but i have to learn stuff myself.
that's not really a reassuring thing to say when vehicle & insurance costs are taken into account
laugh.gif
But I feel you, had my license at 17 and couldn't drive until about acouple months later

yea it sucks having a license but not being able to drive. i didn't have a car to use back then...and when my brother let me use his car for a few monthswhen he went away, i didn't have much gas money. i would walk sometimes and i see kids my age driving and i'd get a little mad. thank god those daysare over.

I dont have a drivers license and still be driving and i dont even have a car i have to borrow moms smh soon im going to get my own car.

Originally Posted by JDMEVOIXMR

word, i know how you feel.
smh.gif
parents don't want to pay insurance.

insurance is expensive man..I had to wait a couple months as well

im 16

...and that's the reason why your parents ain't letting you drive fam

you should def. tell them that having the license and sitting on it at home isn't going to do anything...at least they should make sure you get somepractice here and there or make sure you have an opportunity to prove them wrong
i'm not going to say who's right or wrong because i've neverseen you drive before
laugh.gif
but i kind of understand why now (your age)...at16, there are times you're probably not going to make the smartest/wisest decisions out there on the road but at the same time...experience is key so itreally goes both ways

I already have a car. But they dont let me drive. I just dont get it. Their reason is "you need to get used to the road" and "why do you need to rush driving." But there is no reason for me to even have a license if i cant drive by myself, i might as well have a permit.

my parents said the exact same thing to me. but REAL TALK their right. i gotmy lisensce at 17 bout 3 weeks before i turned 18 thats when they let me drive they thought i needed more practice. I almost got into in accident mergingbecause it was a two lane that turned into a one lane. It made me a better driver tho you got to be used to all these situations doggy. Speeding is anotherthing i have not been pulled over yet but was doing 40 on a 35 today and i was like damn im not use to goin this slow. Speeding is an addiction, but at the same time doing the speed limit is always gonna be too slowfor u but don't worry u'll under stand them soon right now gas prices are crazy now driving is the last thing u wanna do

Back
Top Bottom