Having a License But Not Being Able To Drive Unappreciation

I was in the same situation a year ago. My mom got tired of picking me up from practice after school so she let me drive.

Edit:

I just saw you were 16...your young! On the weekends and when your Mom has to go buy groceries etc volunteer to drive her there and when she's runningerrands. If you exemplify good driving skill and decision making It should ease your parent's minds on letting you drive. Could take time though.

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

take that dl to a dealer and test drive for fun..

laugh.gif

I got my license 2 weeks ago, and im 20, due to a family illness that kinda turned everything upside down.
But its worse when you are 18 and still cant drive

smh.gif
I got my license last summer and I was able to drive my own car like 6 months later. Just be patient I guess

my mom wont let me drive her car, but my homeboy just got a car and he lets me drive it whenever i need to go somewhere. had my license for 8 months till ireally drove any where

you gotta do what you can because its not your own car

now i would have a problem with that if you paid for your own car, and your parents were still trying to pull that stuff off...

now I would have a problem with that if you paid for your own car, and your parents were still trying to pull that stuff off...
you forgot to add...paying for his own insurance...and paying his parent's for the food, clothing and shelter they provide as well.

just b/c someone pays for it with "their own money" doesn't mean a parent's input is automatically negated

Originally Posted by FreshProduct

Damn
ohwell.gif
My mom let me drive her BMW around with a PERMIT (a $#!@ load of times)
laugh.gif

Hell yeah I was pushin my moms Tahoe at 15 with a permit. Man it must really suck.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThEbAyKiD415

I already have a car. But they dont let me drive. I just dont get it. Their reason is "you need to get used to the road" and "why do you need to rush driving." But there is no reason for me to even have a license if i cant drive by myself, i might as well have a permit.

I'm betting your parents are asian

DA MATRIX 1 wrote:
my parents said the exact same thing to me. but REAL TALK their right. i got my lisensce at 17 bout 3 weeks before i turned 18 thats when they let me drive they thought i needed more practice. I almost got into in accident merging because it was a two lane that turned into a one lane. It made me a better driver tho you got to be used to all these situations doggy. Speeding is another thing i have not been pulled over yet but was doing 40 on a 35 today and i was like damn im not use to goin this slow. Speeding is an addiction, but at the same time doing the speed limit is always gonna be too slow for u but don't worry u'll under stand them soon right now gas prices are crazy now driving is the last thing u wanna do

this really got me thinking about it now thanks.
Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Edit:

I just saw you were 16...your young! On the weekends and when your Mom has to go buy groceries etc volunteer to drive her there and when she's running errands. If you exemplify good driving skill and decision making It should ease your parent's minds on letting you drive. Could take time though.
yea i know im still young and i do try to drive whenever (drive home everyday from the gym basically and on the weekends when parents gotta run errandsand sometimes to school in the morning). i guess i just have to wait.

Originally Posted by amel223

I'm betting your parents are asian

Haha how you know? Your parents the same?

if it's the insurance that your parents are concerned about, then doesn't good grades lower insurance costs?

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

I got my license 2 weeks ago, and im 20, due to a family illness that kinda turned everything upside down.
But its worse when you are 18 and still cant drive

tired.gif
I just turned 18 and still don't have my license even though Ialready have a car to drive. SMFH @ Myself.

Back
Top Bottom